THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leverage is everything. If your company literally depends on you to make a profit, you too can take days off whenever you want. Most of us in the corporate world aren't Kawhi, we're more like the 10-12th man working for a chance to become Kawhi.

D57E13E3-860D-49BE-A8A5-0CD1604F9A3E.jpeg

This actually scares me a bit, I Love that Lebron has become active on defense again, but idk how long he should be doing that. We need all that energy come playoff time rather then regular season.

With that said this dude has played more defense in 7 games than he did the last three seasons

It's funny how the perception around load management has changed. I remember a few years back when LeBron was on the Cavs and he first started sitting games and the media killed him for it. "You're healthy, you need to play", you're the leader, "your team needs you", "Jordan would never...", etc. Now fans are like "ehhh whatever, do what you need to do to stay healthy".

I don't like him sitting this early in the season though, why not wait until at least mid-season? it's still the first few weeks of the season. Why not at least wait until Paul George comes back? Kawhi sitting now without PG is pretty guaranteeing a loss for his team.

Leverage is everything. If your company literally depends on you to make a profit, you too can take days off whenever you want. Most of us in the corporate world aren't Kawhi, we're more like the 10-12th man working for a chance to become Kawhi.

Exactly. Kawhi has all the power. For as much crap as LeBron gets for orchestrating things behind the scenes, Kawhi pretty much made the Clippers give up their picks for the next 5 years to get PG and make him happy.

The Clippers have to do everything in their power to appease PG and Kawhi. It's not like their on long term deals, they can both bounce at the end next season if they're not happy

Exactly. Kawhi has all the power. For as much crap as LeBron gets for orchestrating things behind the scenes, Kawhi pretty much made the Clippers give up their picks for the next 5 years to get PG and make him happy.

The Clippers have to do everything in their power to appease PG and Kawhi. It's not like their on long term deals, they can both bounce at the end next season if they're not happy

When you got that kind of cache and clout, you can dictate things..........

especially with a franchise like the Clippers who’ve never won anything. They needed Kawhi, Kawhi didn’t need them. He brings them credibility

Wasn’t Kawhi upset at the spurs for misdiagnosing his ailment to begin with and trying to force him to play when he knew he wasn’t right?
Kawhi and unc were upset because they didn't want to believe it was an injury that couldn't be healed and something he would have to manage the rest of his career. They went to a bunch of different doctors trying to get one to say that it could be healed but none did except one. The Spurs prescribed the same load management that the raptors did. They weren't trying to force him to rush back like I thought, they were telling him it was something he would just have to play thru

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE went from being a Kawhi fan, saying he’s better than LeBron, better than AD when he thought the Lakers would get him. To hating him and pretending to be mad at load management. Even tho he was one of the people saying not to believe the team when they said he wouldn’t miss games as often as last season :lol:

ACA in full swing :smh:

I mean there was the whole leading the Lakers on and trying to get them to delay the AD trade which would've killed their cap space while he was talking with the clippers the whole time somewhere in there :lol:. And right now he's playing better than LeBron and AD on offense at least. Magic leaked that he asked him about load management too, I don't get that last sentence

WPG back????????????? Or are we still calling him that?

He's been looking a lot more confident. Driving to rack and what not. He looked real hesitant the past couple years, minus some flashes. Hopefully it's not smoke and mirrors and he's 100%. He was 16/16 from 2pt last night. The Celtics in general look more fluid than last season. They just have a glaring weakness at the 4/5.

Again, I stated that I understand why people won’t agree with resting but taking a player’s money or suggesting as such is what’s weird to me. That goes for any line of work

It’s one thing to think someone is overpaid or what have you but another to say nah take part of his pay away

I’m not arguing that the guys are overpaid. I want them all to get as much bread as possible. I’m definitely on the players side when it comes to the money. I just want the players to play if they are healthy. The whole load management thing is just a foreign concept to me. I’m fully aware that my corporate job vs a professional athlete isn’t comparable.

He's been looking a lot more confident. Driving to rack and what not. He looked real hesitant the past couple years, minus some flashes. Hopefully it's not smoke and mirrors and he's 100%. He was 16/16 from 2pt last night. The Celtics in general look more fluid than last season. They just have a glaring weakness at the 4/5.

Buyout market might help em down the line, I would probably take Hayward and another player for Blake Griffin if Hayward could show more flashes of his former self. Drummond and Blake are just a bad fit, we need a wing for one of them bad.

Drummond looks great when Blake is out, Blake looks great when Drummond is out. Together Mehhhhh

This actually scares me a bit, I Love that Lebron has become active on defense again, but idk how long he should be doing that. We need all that energy come playoff time rather then regular season.

With that said this dude has played more defense in 7 games than he did the last three seasons
same.

wins are so addicting but they need to load manage this guy at some point. kawhi is whack but tbh, he’s pretty smart keeping himself fresh for the postseason.

Bron has old man game on defense, it's pretty funny to watch :lol:. He effectively contests shots without even jumping, he closes out hard without really running, he takes hella charges. He's not even really exerting himself that much but it's working out for him

2 outta 8 games missed with load management already. That's a 25% clip meaning he's going to miss close to 20 games again this season.

Ultimately won’t matter in the West since the other top 2 teams are probably the Nuggets who aren’t real and then the Lakers who share the same building.

They might want HCA against Philly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom