These NT "Chefs" got me doing work. . .

laugh.gif
watch one you dudes burn down the house trying to cook up something.

My steak gotta be well done... blood in a steak, might as well eat it raw....

Your steak must be real delicious too huh? Your jaw hurt after each chew?
roll.gif
if you've only had well done steak, you've never had steak. You mightas well buy the cheap cuts too, no point in wasting money on expensive cuts of steak.

you guys got me looking at pics of steak.
laugh.gif

139f9535efb343bd_m.jpg

bigstockphoto_Rare_Steak_1471404.jpg

pr_fm001.jpg

pr_ts001.jpg

pimp.gif

my mom brought me up cooking everything medium well, in my teen years I learned that there is no taste when you cook beef so much. It's just that everyonehas it in their mind that pink means you're gonna have blood gushing in your mouth.

Really, you want a steak well done? Ok. Im going to give you that old $*$ piece of steak in the back of the walk in, that I was saving for a black couple
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

My steak gotta be well done... blood in a steak, might as well eat it raw....

Your steak must be real delicious too huh? Your jaw hurt after each chew?
roll.gif
if you've only had well done steak, you've never had steak. You might as well buy the cheap cuts too, no point in wasting money on expensive cuts of steak.

^ +1

Someone who knows something

Yea we can do this NT Iron Chef thing, so I'll start it off with something everyone can do and then we can progress withdifferent types of dishes

since a couple of guys started with a (gourmet) sandwich, here's mine

14cb6ur.jpg

The bread had a garlic butter spread that I lightly let brown in the skillet. It has cajun turkey, pepperoni, bacon,smokedham with American and Cheddar cheese..I didn't have lettuce because of a huge salad I made last night so it only had tomatoes, a little onion, and pickleson the side with a balsamic vinaigrette ontop. Simple to make of course, but its a starting point
laugh.gif
grin.gif

We can step it up as the weeks and months go on
happy.gif

heres one of the dishes i put up at work a couple of weeks back

bdd356c2ee4b7c1a3ec40be60b43e810c000901.jpg

sea bass w/ sous vide persimmon, pear and tangerine. braised baby cabbage and cranberry raspberry vinaigrette

Originally Posted by Defyant 1

shabooyah1124, the pasta brought you back. If i was judging your culinary skills from that sandwhich alone, youd have none, sauteed spinach is just that, sauted spinach. it does not belong on a sandwich. Why, when fresh spinach is sooo much better and adds a bit of crunch and freshnees to the sand wich?
The portion is almost right; maybe another meatball and a tad bit more pasta. Also, i would of plated it w/ the sauce under the meatballs but thats just me. All in all it looks like a good job; cant tell w/o tasting it. FYI: meatballs or any type of loaves should be not be made w/ just beef or your going to be in for a brick. Try using 1/3 puond of each: veal, ground pork and 93% fat free ground beef (of it will just taste like a hamburger), this combo will yeild a ball/loaf that is moist, almost as light as air texture w/o it being too meaty. Also, add a soaked a slice or 2 of white bread in milk, chopped garlic, freash chopped (italian) parsley or any herb, salt & pepper, a lil wor'schester, and a hint of onion and you'll have the best meatballs around. trust!

His diabolical: your plate is either too small. rule of thumb: you should have at least an inch of space going around the rim of the plate. chicken looks on point tho.

Mr. Ochao: good to see a chef on NT...Hey Mr, it looks like you have boobs in your whites.
happy.gif

Also, it does take tremendous skills to become a master griller. Most think salting a steak and throwing it on the coals until its done is satisfactory; it is not. You should ALWAYS have a hot side and a cool side when grilling to help w/ flare ups and over cooking. I make a mean 8 spiced grilled chicke breast w/ a jalepeno/honey/mint bbq sauce. Not too mention a banging rack of ribs w/ a bourbon/plum bbq sauce.
damn... dude came in and schooled everybody
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Um....WRONG!!!! If any one comes into a restaraunt im cooking in and orders a steak well done, they are an idiot. first off, it shows that the customers does not know anything and should of stayed home. Really, you want a steak well done? Ok. Im going to give you that old $*$ piece of steak in the back of the walk in, that I was saving for a black couple (im black BTW) There is no way you are getting that 27.00 porter house. now.way.in.hell. Im saving that for the real steak eater who knows how to eat a steak,.

For those saying they dont want no blood, lets just think about it for a minute. Steak is the flesh of an animal, therefore the blood = the juice! cook out all the blood and you a left w/ jerky! Black folks are conditioned to like well done steaks b/c thats how we were raised. Get off of that and try to experience something different. Im not saying go rare, but cooking a steak beyond anything med-well is foolishness.
Any tips on searing? I have to throw my steaks in the oven for a bit to get the inside to be cooked. And SMH at people eating well done steaks.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Um....WRONG!!!! If any one comes into a restaraunt im cooking in and orders a steak well done, they are an idiot. first off, it shows that the customers does not know anything and should of stayed home. Really, you want a steak well done? Ok. Im going to give you that old $*$ piece of steak in the back of the walk in, that I was saving for a black couple (im black BTW) There is no way you are getting that 27.00 porter house. now.way.in.hell. Im saving that for the real steak eater who knows how to eat a steak,.

For those saying they dont want no blood, lets just think about it for a minute. Steak is the flesh of an animal, therefore the blood = the juice! cook out all the blood and you a left w/ jerky! Black folks are conditioned to like well done steaks b/c thats how we were raised. Get off of that and try to experience something different. Im not saying go rare, but cooking a steak beyond anything med-well is foolishness.
Any tips on searing? I have to throw my steaks in the oven for a bit to get the inside to be cooked. And SMH at people eating well done steaks.
word, if i dont put it in the oven ill have a black outer and a sushi inner.

and win so far

Didnt even see this before
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HiroNakamura

sea bass w/ sous vide persimmon, pear and tangerine. braised baby cabbage and cranberry raspberry vinaigrette
pimp.gif

I guess y'all never heard of beef tar tar or carpaccio

I had carpaccio for the first time about 6 months back. %%% was delicious.

Originally Posted by HiroNakamura

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

word, if i dont put it in the oven ill have a black outer and a sushi inner.

and win so far
i dont understand why yall dudes make these small !$$ portions of food. like who is going to be satisfied after eating that.

Back
Top Bottom