These NT "Chefs" got me doing work. . .

Yo you better edit that pic out or get banned. I learned the hard way
tired.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

you guys got me looking at pics of steak.
laugh.gif

139f9535efb343bd_m.jpg

bigstockphoto_Rare_Steak_1471404.jpg

pr_fm001.jpg

pr_ts001.jpg

pimp.gif

my mom brought me up cooking everything medium well, in my teen years I learned that there is no taste when you cook beef so much. It's just that everyone has it in their mind that pink means you're gonna have blood gushing in your mouth.
That's absolutely right. Overcooked steak has horrible texture and the flavor is.....off. Medium rare is where it's at. The red stuffgushing out is not "blood" it's just the juices. That stuff is what flavors the medium rare steaks so well. Generally, you want to let the steakrest a bit before digging in so as not to unleash all the juices.

Hot damn, I'm asking my Mom for steak tomorrow night
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ericberry14

fam... if you want blood in your steak, why dont you just tear the flesh from the cow yourself...

i like my meat to be cooked & to be without blood in it, not to mention yall must not know how to cook if you dont know how to make a juicy well-done steak
[Ma$e]That's an oxymoron{/Ma$e]

I know how. You just overcook the *++* out of the steak and take savory juices from a medium rare steak and inject it into the disgusting well-done steak.

Waddup NT,

I'm from the bay and i cook for a living. currently working as a cook in a restaurant opening next month in Menlo Park.

Let me say this: whoever eats a steak well done is an idiot. Here's why. Your meat will be chewy because you are cooking all that fat away. You might aswell keep eating USDA Choice chuck steak forever, because ANY cut you order well done will taste like that. Cooking beef well done to like 145 degrees prettymuch ensures all that marbling to disappear and melt away, leaving your steak dry and bland tasting. Go medium rare, like 130 degrees. Oh, and make sure you"rest" the steak for a few minutes before you cut into it, otherwise all that juice will leak out and your meat will be dry also.

I did a catering gig a few months back, and these are the only pics i have of it. Enjoy ! any feedback is welcomed !

Mini sliders with caramelized onions, gruyere cheese, arugula salad, and onion sprouts

303e2qs.jpg

33jjll2.jpg

Seared ponzu flank steak with green mango and green papaya slaw and fried shallot, on top of a shrimp chip.

2zp5feh.jpg

l_fbb34e76a83845f1bbfc8d6de45211e8.jpg

my lady and i prepared all this for our valentines dinner. korean bbq, seaweed salad, poke salad, philly rolls, california rolls, fried california rolls, andseared tuna with soy and lemon sauce. not top chef quality, but tasty as hell!

There seems to be a lot more people in the culinary field on NT than I thought. I just do this because I'm bored
laugh.gif

But can someone help me with this searing problem? How do you guys cook the center without using an oven?

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Not Iron Chef by any standards.. very simple meal, if it wasnt for the fact that I got laid off, I would be posting my seafood pasta and porter house steaks..
frown.gif

Mountain of rice, chicken cutlet(mixed with chopped Vienna sausage and olives) and bread on the side...
can i please have the recipe? that chicken looks delicious

justooce wrote:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

contents:
angel hair pasta
spinach
pepper
garlic salt
and some olive oil

laugh.gif
drew the avy and everything. It appears as if I have a lot to learnwhen it comes to presentation
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

l_fbb34e76a83845f1bbfc8d6de45211e8.jpg

my lady and i prepared all this for our valentines dinner. korean bbq, seaweed salad, poke salad, philly rolls, california rolls, fried california rolls, and seared tuna with soy and lemon sauce. not top chef quality, but tasty as hell!

wow that looks really good

Originally Posted by HustleGame

can i please have the recipe? that chicken looks delicious
laugh.gif
really? Thanks, its pretty simple.
I got the chicken cutlet from western beef.
whisk a bowl of two raw eggs
have a plate of flavored bread crumbs ready(I just use the generic western beef)
After you wash/cut the pieces
Dip them in the bowl of eggs
after you've dipped them, put them on the plate of bread crumbs and flip them till they're fully covered
preheat the pan with a generous amount of cooking oil(mazola)
cook em till they're a golden brown and you're done.

Edit: Found the "official way" on Mazola.com

Easy Chicken Cutlets

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings

• 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup Mazola[emoji]174[/emoji] Oil
  1. In medium bowl toss chicken with egg until coated.
  2. Place bread crumbs in large plastic food bag. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time; shake to coat.
  3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. If desired serve with salsa OR a drizzle of chicken gravy garnished with chopped parsley.

laugh.gif
i wish i wasn't eating healthy so i could cook and destroy all of you mother !%%%%+*
laugh.gif
i'm a woman, the kitchen is my domain

^ you're my neighbor then
eek.gif
lol

mid rare steak ftw! I used to eat well done but that !## is not as good as medium rare steak. plus well done cooks all of the nutrients out of the meat

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

laugh.gif
i wish i wasn't eating healthy so i could cook and destroy all of you mother !%%%%+*
laugh.gif

^ you're my neighbor then
eek.gif
lol

One or two days of fatty food wont hurt!
and, hi neighbor!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by k b0mber

Waddup NT,

I'm from the bay and i cook for a living. currently working as a cook in a restaurant opening next month in Menlo Park.

Let me say this: whoever eats a steak well done is an idiot. Here's why. Your meat will be chewy because you are cooking all that fat away. You might as well keep eating USDA Choice chuck steak forever, because ANY cut you order well done will taste like that. Cooking beef well done to like 145 degrees pretty much ensures all that marbling to disappear and melt away, leaving your steak dry and bland tasting. Go medium rare, like 130 degrees. Oh, and make sure you "rest" the steak for a few minutes before you cut into it, otherwise all that juice will leak out and your meat will be dry also.

I did a catering gig a few months back, and these are the only pics i have of it. Enjoy ! any feedback is welcomed !

Mini sliders with caramelized onions, gruyere cheese, arugula salad, and onion sprouts

303e2qs.jpg

33jjll2.jpg

Seared ponzu flank steak with green mango and green papaya slaw and fried shallot, on top of a shrimp chip.

2zp5feh.jpg

what restaurant?

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Most women I know can't touch me in the kitchen.

I might try to make this a weekly thing. I think I'm gonna mess around with some scallops next time.

Damn I need to start cooking again, but my parents crib is like 20 mins away and my mom throws down everyday

Question: what's a good temp for a steak for someone who has been eating shoe leather there whole life

I always assumed red=bloody meat, I'm eating steak on thursday and I wanna have a tasty one

Back
Top Bottom