These NT "Chefs" got me doing work. . .

Originally Posted by 5tan

Few Weeks Back.
Nothing too advanced nor difficult
j8jgvt.jpg

personally... that doesnt look too appetizing. and LOL @ the fools coming in here talking big about their steaks well done* trying to clown on dudes. LOL andSMH its personal preference in the end but seriously there is absolutely ZERO taste in a well done steak. Rubber-like in taste and texture. medium rare all dayeveryday.

ill throw down a couple more pics of this seasons menu, stuff i had time to take pics of while on shift.
dc3356f1eae674e4320309780476c98f63d9dd8.jpg

Seared Abalone, seared w butter and thyme. below is sauteed spinach w/ garlic. and the sauce is a caper beurre blanc

5f5155eb75330009d1f9714e55a6429d982c87f.jpg

ratatouille-citrus israeli couscous, ratatouille consists of grilled baby fennel, baby eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber tossed in green curry foamand olive oil. garnish on top is baby heirloom cherry tomatoes and a small baby purple mustard greens salad.

6e815ce37f31010c367f245119218b9962a756d.jpg

one of the signature dishes at my restaurant. pan seared swordfish served with rosemary cream sauce, white corn tamale w/ tomatoes and olives. again servedwith a baby purple mustard green salad. this dish actually changed recently, the salad on top of the swordfish was removed and replaced with a caponata, thatconsists of concasse heirloom tomatos, capers, meyer lemon segments, olives, olive oil, salt/pepper. i dont have a pic, when i get a chance ill post it.

EDIT..my bad....i was tryin to post the pic on yuku and it never showed it bein posted, so i clicked it a grip of times...i fixed it now. sorry.

any sig's for the chef's of NT?

Originally Posted by Defyant 1

Um....WRONG!!!! If any one comes into a restaraunt im cooking in and orders a steak well done, they are an idiot. first off, it shows that the customers does not know anything and should of stayed home. Really, you want a steak well done? Ok. Im going to give you that old $*$ piece of steak in the back of the walk in, that I was saving for a black couple (im black BTW) There is no way you are getting that 27.00 porter house. now.way.in.hell. Im saving that for the real steak eater who knows how to eat a steak,.

For those saying they dont want no blood, lets just think about it for a minute. Steak is the flesh of an animal, therefore the blood = the juice! cook out all the blood and you a left w/ jerky! Black folks are conditioned to like well done steaks b/c thats how we were raised. Get off of that and try to experience something different. Im not saying go rare, but cooking a steak beyond anything med-well is foolishness.
+100.. Seriously.. Well done.. You want burnt meat, to soak in nasty a** A1 sauce.. Medium or lesser is the only way for me.. And people sayingthere is blood in it.. Your CARNIVORES!.. it's not like it's the steak from Rosemary's Baby.. Dried steak is nothing but Jerky, all your going totaste is salt and charcoal or smoke..

And I am studying to be a chef, pastry chef at this point.. so I can't really get down with these meals, but i'll try some time soon.. .. Sticky Bunsfrom scratch.. and made a Tres Leches cake a while back.. man i Feel like practicing..

Yo Hiro .. Dang man lmao.. I thought I was losing it for a second.. The scrolling seemed infinite!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Um....WRONG!!!! If any one comes into a restaraunt im cooking in and orders a steak well done, they are an idiot. first off, it shows that the customers does not know anything and should of stayed home. Really, you want a steak well done? Ok. Im going to give you that old $*$ piece of steak in the back of the walk in, that I was saving for a black couple (im black BTW) There is no way you are getting that 27.00 porter house. now.way.in.hell. Im saving that for the real steak eater who knows how to eat a steak,.

For those saying they dont want no blood, lets just think about it for a minute. Steak is the flesh of an animal, therefore the blood = the juice! cook out all the blood and you a left w/ jerky! Black folks are conditioned to like well done steaks b/c thats how we were raised. Get off of that and try to experience something different. Im not saying go rare, but cooking a steak beyond anything med-well is foolishness.
+100.. Seriously.. Well done.. You want burnt meat, to soak in nasty a** A1 sauce.. Medium or lesser is the only way for me.. And people saying there is blood in it.. Your CARNIVORES!.. it's not like it's the steak from Rosemary's Baby.. Dried steak is nothing but Jerky, all your going to taste is salt and charcoal or smoke..
fam... if you want blood in your steak, why dont you just tear the flesh from the cow yourself...

i like my meat to be cooked & to be without blood in it, not to mention yall must not know how to cook if you dont know how to make a juicy well-done steak

Originally Posted by Jehul

Really, you want a steak well done? Ok. Im going to give you that old $*$ piece of steak in the back of the walk in, that I was saving for a black couple
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dudes think they doin' it with a well-done steak
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

This _ posted clams in freaking sand 20x. You serious?
lmao @clams in sand..
Yo but seriously well done steak is just a waste of meat.. You could overcook it and not know the difference lol.. Like people said... Just give you that oldpiece of meat instead of a fresh wrapped one, put it on the grill, and you'll still get that dried up charred meat either way... Medium is where you gotthe juices flowing out of ... Not a Well done steak...I'm not an expert in grilling, but in tasting I can tell you that medium is much more better..

And maybe I was a lil off with the carnivore thing.. Cuz I sure won't touch Dinuguan lol...
sick.gif
Thats a diff story

What is with all of these cooking threads??
laugh.gif

I might contribute tomorrow...
nerd.gif

Shrimp Alfredo w/ the sauce made from scratch
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
@ those defending well-done steak. It's literally a joke to orderto a well-done steak at any type of legit restaurant...waste of meat. Like others have said, a 40 dollar steak is the same as a 10 dollar one at Applebees ifyou're going to cook it like that...

Originally Posted by jrp44

What is with all of these cooking threads??
laugh.gif

I might contribute tomorrow...
nerd.gif

Shrimp Alfredo w/ the sauce made from scratch
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
i have no idea, i saw like 6 on page 1 when i first signed on today.

and anyone that orders a well done steak at any restaurant better believe that their steak was in the oven/grill for over 30 mins turning into a hockey puck,or is a 2 day old piece of steak cuz we dont care about ur well done steak, BUT we will make sure that whatever sauce accompanies it, or other components itsthe best damn thing ever.

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Putting sauteed spinach on a sandwich?? FTL!!!

I dont want no soggy spinach mushing up my bread yo.....
mad.gif
That's why I have the mozzarella on top of the spinach
smokin.gif

268258a44069ddcbd6f366acb7202043566cdba.jpg

Everything made from scratch besides the noodles
pimp.gif

More to come tonight.

That plate would have been perfect if you would have cleaned the left middle. Good stuff though..
that looks so good.... and op i love what you made... tried it for dinner.... bomb

damn am I really gonna get banned for posting a doodoo?
mad.gif
++%# was a pieceof art man, I tried so hard to not pinch it prematurely.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom