They need to revoke Trent Dilfer's Superbowl and get him off TV

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Y'all seem very salty
laugh.gif
...I think Trent Dilfer is pretty good actually.  It is irrelevant whether or not he was a good QB he's not on the field right now he is in a booth.
True but it does a lot for your credibility. When Steve Young criticizes Cutler I can believe him but Dilfer? Nah.
And BCF is right...he only talks about how great Favre is all the time when the NFC North is in discussion.
No it doesnt.
Yeah I don't see how it doesn't. I'm more inclined to believe Steve Young or Dan Marino over this douche.

How does what he did on the field have ANY reflection on him analyzing the game.  Just because someone wasnt an all time great doesnt mean they have no credibility.  You really do just sound salty because he said something you didnt like.

Dan Marino doesnt have a SB ring, but Dilfer does so why do you believe Young more?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Y'all seem very salty
laugh.gif
...I think Trent Dilfer is pretty good actually.  It is irrelevant whether or not he was a good QB he's not on the field right now he is in a booth.
True but it does a lot for your credibility. When Steve Young criticizes Cutler I can believe him but Dilfer? Nah.
And BCF is right...he only talks about how great Favre is all the time when the NFC North is in discussion.
No it doesnt.
Yeah I don't see how it doesn't. I'm more inclined to believe Steve Young or Dan Marino over this douche.

How does what he did on the field have ANY reflection on him analyzing the game.  Just because someone wasnt an all time great doesnt mean they have no credibility.  You really do just sound salty because he said something you didnt like.

Dan Marino doesnt have a SB ring, but Dilfer does so why do you believe Young more?

I want Kyle Vanden Bosch to kill him and take his place, like Landfill's twin brother in Beerfest. The world would win on that one.

I want Kyle Vanden Bosch to kill him and take his place, like Landfill's twin brother in Beerfest. The world would win on that one.

Because Young doesn't sound like a condescending #@#!#+% when trying to get his point across. When someone is being a **** to you are you going to respond well and listen to him? Probably not. He doesn't act professional and as someone who watches ESPN regularly he does this often.

Because Young doesn't sound like a condescending #@#!#+% when trying to get his point across. When someone is being a **** to you are you going to respond well and listen to him? Probably not. He doesn't act professional and as someone who watches ESPN regularly he does this often.

Just because he wasn't the greatest QB doesn't mean he won't have a good knowledge of the game. There have been tons of great coaches that weren't great players. Y'all act like in order for anybody to have an opinion on anything they had to be a great player at their position; that's ******ed. There are thousands of guys out there that were middle of the pack players and yet have a great feel/understanding of the game.
Emmitt Smith was one of the greatest RB's ever and look how awful he is as an analyst/commentator. He's never said a single thing worth a damn. How many times have you seen an interview with a great athlete and they can't verbalize anything intelligible about their sport AT ALL? 

Just because he wasn't the greatest QB doesn't mean he won't have a good knowledge of the game. There have been tons of great coaches that weren't great players. Y'all act like in order for anybody to have an opinion on anything they had to be a great player at their position; that's ******ed. There are thousands of guys out there that were middle of the pack players and yet have a great feel/understanding of the game.
Emmitt Smith was one of the greatest RB's ever and look how awful he is as an analyst/commentator. He's never said a single thing worth a damn. How many times have you seen an interview with a great athlete and they can't verbalize anything intelligible about their sport AT ALL? 

Youre going to so many different directions dude. 
laugh.gif

Considering youve mentioned the Bears a few times, you must be a Bears fan and he must have said something you didnt like. 

You got upset over that? 
laugh.gif

Youre going to so many different directions dude. 
laugh.gif

Considering youve mentioned the Bears a few times, you must be a Bears fan and he must have said something you didnt like. 

You got upset over that? 
laugh.gif

Well said.

Trent Dilfer is excellent on the mic. Period. His lack of a good NFL career doesnt mean he isnt good at his current job.

Same can be said about Matt Millen, who is also very good on the mic. Yet NT constantly blasts him like he is bad. Just because someone isnt good at one job, doesnt mean he is awful at another. NT doesnt understand this.

Well said.

Trent Dilfer is excellent on the mic. Period. His lack of a good NFL career doesnt mean he isnt good at his current job.

Same can be said about Matt Millen, who is also very good on the mic. Yet NT constantly blasts him like he is bad. Just because someone isnt good at one job, doesnt mean he is awful at another. NT doesnt understand this.

Can't stand Dilfer or Tim Hasslebeck (sp?).  I had no idea he even played in the NFL until I heard his wife was married to an NFL qb.

Can't stand Dilfer or Tim Hasslebeck (sp?).  I had no idea he even played in the NFL until I heard his wife was married to an NFL qb.

One thing is for sure: networks are favoring former players over real journalists more than ever. There won't be another Chris Berman. You've got Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, and Mike Ditka together on one show. That's three too many meatheads than I ever want to see on a serious football discussion show.
Trent Dilfer is one of the best former athletes in NFL analysis; He can break down the game. Ron Jaworski used to be garbage but has improved to above average. Steve Young is ok. Matt Millen and Keyshawn are borderline ******ed. How Millen actually got a football-related job after trying his hardest to destroy the Lions is amazing.

The biggest cancer in today's NFL analysis is former players reminiscing on their old playing days. 
30t6p3b.gif
Mark Schlereth consistently does this more than anyone, especially during Super Bowl season. 
indifferent.gif
 This alone has caused me to almost totally give up on TV NFL analysis.

However, the worst jock analyst is EASILY:

BOS_091230_COLTS_BRUSCHI.jpg
Tedy-Bruschi-072507.jpg

"Whenever we played the Colts, I circled that game on my calendar because it meant we were going to play Peyton Manning"

Great contribution, Ted.

One thing is for sure: networks are favoring former players over real journalists more than ever. There won't be another Chris Berman. You've got Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson, and Mike Ditka together on one show. That's three too many meatheads than I ever want to see on a serious football discussion show.
Trent Dilfer is one of the best former athletes in NFL analysis; He can break down the game. Ron Jaworski used to be garbage but has improved to above average. Steve Young is ok. Matt Millen and Keyshawn are borderline ******ed. How Millen actually got a football-related job after trying his hardest to destroy the Lions is amazing.

The biggest cancer in today's NFL analysis is former players reminiscing on their old playing days. 
30t6p3b.gif
Mark Schlereth consistently does this more than anyone, especially during Super Bowl season. 
indifferent.gif
 This alone has caused me to almost totally give up on TV NFL analysis.

However, the worst jock analyst is EASILY:

BOS_091230_COLTS_BRUSCHI.jpg
Tedy-Bruschi-072507.jpg

"Whenever we played the Colts, I circled that game on my calendar because it meant we were going to play Peyton Manning"

Great contribution, Ted.

^ so well said, he is another one who is TERRIBLE. he should be a Pats broadcasting

IMO the only person in the NFL who can separate their team bias is Troy Aikman

and who talked about Matt Millen? Dude is the worssssssssssssst and I'm a Penn State Alum who loves him for what he did there but he needs to be behind the scenes

^ so well said, he is another one who is TERRIBLE. he should be a Pats broadcasting

IMO the only person in the NFL who can separate their team bias is Troy Aikman

and who talked about Matt Millen? Dude is the worssssssssssssst and I'm a Penn State Alum who loves him for what he did there but he needs to be behind the scenes

QFT on Teddy. Key and Chris are terrible as well. All they do is laugh and shuck and jive.

QFT on Teddy. Key and Chris are terrible as well. All they do is laugh and shuck and jive.

Back
Top Bottom