Thinking of moving to Hawaii...

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Milk is really expensive in HI
indifferent.gif

Isnt it expensive? Since theirs not really jobs their...Cant fade living in such a small state and i would feel trapped. Ill just leave that little island as a vacation spot.
smokin.gif

I've only been there for vacations, but I know a few people at my school from the big island.  Food is definitely more expensive and there isn't much to do from what I hear, my friend was telling me about how the Target is a hangout spot
laugh.gif
.  Way too laid back for me, but if you wanna just take an extended vacation then I'm sure it'll be cool.  In fact, I was just in Waikoloa at the end of July.  It's really beautiful and there's stuff to do for tourists or retired people, but dang I can't imagine how boring it would be if I stayed one more week
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

went to college with the woman of my dreams from there, we talked all the time, sat next to each other and studied together
all the time. never made a move even though people she knew told me she wanted me to.

imagine a 23 year old charlize theron
frown.gif
sick.gif

she was from hawaii, we clicked cause i told i her i visited all the islands and been there twice

i told her id get tired of it after a while, i dropped out and lost my phone the same week
and deactivated my facebook
30t6p3b.gif
wow man that sucks
tired.gif

"It nice it happen to you. Like you come to the island and had a holiday. Sun didn't burn you red-red, just brown. You sleep and no mosquito eat you. But the truth is, it bound to happen if you stay long enough. So take that nice picture you got in your head home with you, but don't be fooled. We lonely here mostly too. If we lucky, maybe, we got some nice pictures to take with us."

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by FourReal

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Milk is really expensive in HI
indifferent.gif

it was $9/gallon when i went there two years ago.  that was in waikiki though.

ok its like say yo im i was planning to move to hi till i found out their milk is 9$
so you really think milk is really going to effect him moving their come on common sense

Milk isn't $9 at Costco here... Or many other places outside Waikiki.
What island do you want to move to?

indifferent.gif

ok its like say yo im i was planning to move to hi till i found out their milk is 9$
so you really think milk is really going to effect him moving their come on common sense
Sounds like a deal breaker to me.

happy.gif

I have a friend living in Hawaii...seems to like it but it's expensive and you're stuck on an island, more or less.  

I've been to Hawaii a few times but have never lived there but these are my pros and cons (some assumptions)

Pros - beautiful weather year round, lots of opportunities for outside activities, beautiful women, good food

Cons - expensive, very touristy, the time zone difference, no professional teams, less diversity than what I'm used to, far from the mainland

IMO Hawaii is more beautiful than places like SD, LA, and Miami but I don't know if it makes up for the cons for me to live there long term.

This is one of my long term plans as well but I work in an industry where it relies on multinational corps.

I'd like to have a long visit  to figure out if I can make a living there. From what I heard job opportunities aren't as broad due to the main industry there and that's pretty much the deal breaker for me.

...then again I can just run with these guys and make a living catching people

no-flash_bg.jpg

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

As an avid sports fan, I can never live in Hawaii. I'd love to visit sometime though. Damn near half my mother's family lives there.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Originally Posted by Jay02

sick.gif

indifferent.gif
 at FourReal for giving dude a 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

did u really just give dude a  
indifferent.gif
 for 
indifferent.gif
 another dude?
indifferent.gif

did u really just give dude a