This Casey Anthony case has me wondering about lawyers

yall are looking at it completely wrong....its not about money vs doing whats right....its about them doing there job to make sure that everyone regardless of what people think about them gets a fair trial.

Ok, but it is ultimately the judges decision if they are innocent or guilty. Why are some of these judges no naive and stupid. They obviously know the truth as well. There is obviously some major loop holes in the justice system.

Ok, but it is ultimately the judges decision if they are innocent or guilty. Why are some of these judges no naive and stupid. They obviously know the truth as well. There is obviously some major loop holes in the justice system.

Originally Posted by useref15

the jury decides. 

Originally Posted by useref15

the jury decides. 

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

yall are looking at it completely wrong....its not about money vs doing whats right....its about them doing there job to make sure that everyone regardless of what people think about them gets a fair trial.
Exactly.....that is not to say there aren't those who do it for the money.
I don't know if anyone ever watched the "Practice" but there was an interesting episode that went through why a guy defends a rapist if he knows he is guilty.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Exactly.....that is not to say there aren't those who do it for the money.
I don't know if anyone ever watched the "Practice" but there was an interesting episode that went through why a guy defends a rapist if he knows he is guilty.

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

It's the lawyers job to defend the client by any means necessary. There are absolutely no scruples in the law profession... anything goes. 
THIS. 
I got this off another forum...

Before another round of lawyer-bashing kicks off, there are a few things to keep in mind.

First, and most importantly, the defense attorneys DO NOT make the final decision in the case. The prosecutor gets a say, the judge filters everything, and then a jury makes a final decision.

The defense counsel can say anything. The prosecution gets to argue against it. The judge decides if what the defense says can be told to a jury. Then the jury decides what to believe.

So even if the defense says something ridiculous, it's not that that gets someone off the hook. The defense does not make that decision.

Second, the job of the defense is to zealously represent the client. Well, you have to for every client, not just criminals. If you found yourself in trouble, would you want someone to come in and say, "you know, you're an awful person and what you did was heinous, so I'm not really going to do anything for you and try to help out the prosecutor as much as I can"?

I don't care what someone did or how awful they are. Every person deserves a defense. Let me tell you, it is not easy. When everyone in town hates your client, it is tough to do what you are obligated to do. You have to look past the angry mob and do what is right for your client. If you ever find yourself in trouble, you will understand.

I do not have a problem with someone getting convicted. Every person, no matter what they did, deserves a full and fair trial. If the result of that trial is a conviction, well, they probably deserved it. That's fine. What isn't fine is taking the angry mob mentality and not giving someone a fair shake. Keep in mind that giving someone a fair shake often results in prison time.

And, yes, I spent three years doing defense. Believe me, saying something in defense of a client does not automatically get them off.

And about the money.. Youre getting paid to do your JOB. DEFEND YOUR CLIENT and do whats best to present a defense case for your client.

Most lawyers will ask their clients if you truly did it or not. Casey most likely said she didnt.. and as a lawyer you have to back your client and believe in it. If at the end of the trail she gets convicted than #!%% was lying and did it and deserved it. But like that quote i posted... The defense attorneys do not make the final decision .. thats the Jury's job!

And in my eyes.. I think she did kill her daughter.. and its a shame she got off
30t6p3b.gif
 But u cant knock or hate her attorneys.. They did their job. 

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

It's the lawyers job to defend the client by any means necessary. There are absolutely no scruples in the law profession... anything goes. 
THIS. 
I got this off another forum...

Before another round of lawyer-bashing kicks off, there are a few things to keep in mind.

First, and most importantly, the defense attorneys DO NOT make the final decision in the case. The prosecutor gets a say, the judge filters everything, and then a jury makes a final decision.

The defense counsel can say anything. The prosecution gets to argue against it. The judge decides if what the defense says can be told to a jury. Then the jury decides what to believe.

So even if the defense says something ridiculous, it's not that that gets someone off the hook. The defense does not make that decision.

Second, the job of the defense is to zealously represent the client. Well, you have to for every client, not just criminals. If you found yourself in trouble, would you want someone to come in and say, "you know, you're an awful person and what you did was heinous, so I'm not really going to do anything for you and try to help out the prosecutor as much as I can"?

I don't care what someone did or how awful they are. Every person deserves a defense. Let me tell you, it is not easy. When everyone in town hates your client, it is tough to do what you are obligated to do. You have to look past the angry mob and do what is right for your client. If you ever find yourself in trouble, you will understand.

I do not have a problem with someone getting convicted. Every person, no matter what they did, deserves a full and fair trial. If the result of that trial is a conviction, well, they probably deserved it. That's fine. What isn't fine is taking the angry mob mentality and not giving someone a fair shake. Keep in mind that giving someone a fair shake often results in prison time.

And, yes, I spent three years doing defense. Believe me, saying something in defense of a client does not automatically get them off.

And about the money.. Youre getting paid to do your JOB. DEFEND YOUR CLIENT and do whats best to present a defense case for your client.

Most lawyers will ask their clients if you truly did it or not. Casey most likely said she didnt.. and as a lawyer you have to back your client and believe in it. If at the end of the trail she gets convicted than #!%% was lying and did it and deserved it. But like that quote i posted... The defense attorneys do not make the final decision .. thats the Jury's job!

And in my eyes.. I think she did kill her daughter.. and its a shame she got off
30t6p3b.gif
 But u cant knock or hate her attorneys.. They did their job. 

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I would say ask Johnnie Cochran, but he is no longer with us.

O.J. got off, CELEBRATION *!+!#%+!!!!!!!!!!!

White girl gets off, its a problem.

She didnt have the body sitting outside of her house...........and the only reason the body was where it was, is because somebody moved it there.
yeah white people were so happy when OJ got off. #stopit5

black folk just like to see other black folk winning over white people thats the only reason "we" celebrated

She didnt have the body sitting outside of her house...........and the only reason the body was where it was, is because somebody moved it there.

black folk just like to see other black folk winning over white people thats the only reason "we" celebrated

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! 
roll.gif
roll.gif

oj.jpg

Casey Anthony lied so much in this trial and all that evidence against her you would have thought the jury would have found her guilty 
30t6p3b.gif

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! 
roll.gif
roll.gif

oj.jpg

Casey Anthony lied so much in this trial and all that evidence against her you would have thought the jury would have found her guilty 
30t6p3b.gif

how do they feel representing a murderer or child molester that they honestly feel is
guilty how do you feel putting that person back on the streets

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

I didnt say they were happy, but im SURE they arent as up in arms about it as they were about OJ.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

I didnt say they were happy, but im SURE they arent as up in arms about it as they were about OJ.

how do they feel representing a murderer or child molester that they honestly feel is
guilty how do you feel putting that person back on the streets

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by scshift

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 
false and false. i have to take whole classes about how to act as an attorney. generalizations aren't just stupid when talking about races and sexes.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by scshift

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 
false and false. i have to take whole classes about how to act as an attorney. generalizations aren't just stupid when talking about races and sexes.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom