This Casey Anthony case has me wondering about lawyers

America, where somebody can shoot themself by accident ( Plaxico Burres) and spend two years in jail, but a women kills her daughter and receives nothing. Gotta love it.

America, where somebody can shoot themself by accident ( Plaxico Burres) and spend two years in jail, but a women kills her daughter and receives nothing. Gotta love it.

Originally Posted by useref15

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Prove it. [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]
tongue.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Prove it. [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by scshift

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 
false and false. i have to take whole classes about how to act as an attorney. generalizations aren't just stupid when talking about races and sexes.
eyes.gif

seriously... defense lawyers defend innocents too... just thought you guys should know. 

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by scshift

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 
false and false. i have to take whole classes about how to act as an attorney. generalizations aren't just stupid when talking about races and sexes.
eyes.gif

seriously... defense lawyers defend innocents too... just thought you guys should know. 

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

how do they feel representing a murderer or child molester that they honestly feel is
guilty how do you feel putting that person back on the streets

so do you think they should quit on the person there representing because everyone thinks there guilty? What about innocent people put in the wrong situation that everyone thinks are guilty? 
eyes.gif

how do they feel representing a murderer or child molester that they honestly feel is

so do you think they should quit on the person there representing because everyone thinks there guilty? What about innocent people put in the wrong situation that everyone thinks are guilty? 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

eyes.gif

no.  I didn't say they're representing someone who everyone thinks is guilty,  I said someone they know or even believe is guilty.
Is it their job to prove their clients innocence or just convince every one else of it. Is it either or?  After the job is done how do they feel having won

the case, yet sending a dangerous person back into society.

eyes.gif

no.  I didn't say they're representing someone who everyone thinks is guilty,  I said someone they know or even believe is guilty.
Is it their job to prove their clients innocence or just convince every one else of it. Is it either or?  After the job is done how do they feel having won

the case, yet sending a dangerous person back into society.

It comes down to how well the prosecution and defence tell the story.

If that defence attorney can weave a story that has the jury doubting a guilty verdict then the defendent must be found not guilty. Guilt must be proved beyond all reasonable doubt.

I'm not from the US so I haven't seen any media coverage, and all I've got to go on is wiki's information on the case (I know, I know). But from what I can gleam from the information on that, Anthony is one shady woman. The lies, not reporting her daughter missing. It just doesn't add up. It's a shame that it's taken this long for her to be brought to trial. Her lies obscured the investigation. Add to that the fact that a neighbour had reported suspicious activity in the forest where the body was found in August 08 but no search was done until he reported it again in December 08.

The unfortunate thing is that if incriminating evidence arises in the future against her she can't be tried again. And to me, that's an injustice.

It comes down to how well the prosecution and defence tell the story.

If that defence attorney can weave a story that has the jury doubting a guilty verdict then the defendent must be found not guilty. Guilt must be proved beyond all reasonable doubt.

I'm not from the US so I haven't seen any media coverage, and all I've got to go on is wiki's information on the case (I know, I know). But from what I can gleam from the information on that, Anthony is one shady woman. The lies, not reporting her daughter missing. It just doesn't add up. It's a shame that it's taken this long for her to be brought to trial. Her lies obscured the investigation. Add to that the fact that a neighbour had reported suspicious activity in the forest where the body was found in August 08 but no search was done until he reported it again in December 08.

The unfortunate thing is that if incriminating evidence arises in the future against her she can't be tried again. And to me, that's an injustice.

laugh.gif
 at this whole black vs white arguments in here
Do you know how many black people are behind bars right now ?

Do you know how many innocent  Latinos and black's that didn't even get to see trial are in prison right now ?  

laugh.gif
 at this whole black vs white arguments in here
Do you know how many black people are behind bars right now ?

Do you know how many innocent  Latinos and black's that didn't even get to see trial are in prison right now ?  

In this case it's not about money. I don't think Casey have money . The lawyer just want to put his name out there . With a national wide coverage case like this. The lawyer will be infamous and high profile clients will be looking for him in the near future. Then he get $$$ after that

In this case it's not about money. I don't think Casey have money . The lawyer just want to put his name out there . With a national wide coverage case like this. The lawyer will be infamous and high profile clients will be looking for him in the near future. Then he get $$$ after that

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I was gonna be a lawyer until I found my soul.

heart-attack-symptom-2-1.jpg

Ouch...

...if you cut us - do we not bleed?

Spoiler [+]
And after you cut me, I'm suing the *$*+ outta you for battery 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I was gonna be a lawyer until I found my soul.

heart-attack-symptom-2-1.jpg

Ouch...

...if you cut us - do we not bleed?

Spoiler [+]
And after you cut me, I'm suing the *$*+ outta you for battery 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Son, what you talking about? 

THEE only way youre in prison is if you have been convicted of a crime by a jury or PLEAD GUILTY. Which obviously gives up your rights for a trail and in hopes of gettin parole/probation, lesser sentence..

If there is an innocent person, theyre in county jail waiting for trail. So whats this people are in prison and dont get to see a judge/trail? That only applys to possible terrorists in Guantanamo Bay or other parts of the world...
laugh.gif

Ok, but it is ultimately the judges decision if they are innocent or guilty. Why are some of these judges no naive and stupid. They obviously know the truth as well. There is obviously some major loop holes in the justice system.

I think you need to learn how the legal system works.

Ok, but it is ultimately the judges decision if they are innocent or guilty. Why are some of these judges no naive and stupid. They obviously know the truth as well. There is obviously some major loop holes in the justice system.

I think you need to learn how the legal system works.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Son, what you talking about? 

THEE only way youre in prison is if you have been convicted of a crime by a jury or PLEAD GUILTY. Which obviously gives up your rights for a trail and in hopes of gettin parole/probation, lesser sentence..

If there is an innocent person, theyre in county jail waiting for trail. So whats this people are in prison and dont get to see a judge/trail? That only applys to possible terrorists in Guantanamo Bay or other parts of the world...
laugh.gif

eyes.gif

I

Keyword Believe. At the end of the day the only people who KNOW what happened are the people that were there. The day lawyers stop representing people they Believe are guilty is the day that alot more innocent people start winding up in prison.
again i ask what about innocent people that wind up in the wrong situation and are believed to be guilty? 

Back
Top Bottom