This Casey Anthony case has me wondering about lawyers

Originally Posted by scshift

Only thing I dislike is how the jury makes the final verdict in many court cases. Humans are not impartial by nature, their compassion and sympathy often causes them to favor the victim even if all the circumstances are against the victim. Not to mention race and gender also plays a huge role in many cases.
Pray tell... if humans are not reliable, what is your suggestion?

Thats their job, thats what you pay them for. You wouldnt be much of a lawyer if you let your case go down the drain. I know I can be pretty convincing when I want to be

Thats their job, thats what you pay them for. You wouldnt be much of a lawyer if you let your case go down the drain. I know I can be pretty convincing when I want to be

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

how do they feel representing a murderer or child molester that they honestly feel is
guilty how do you feel putting that person back on the streets

so do you think they should quit on the person there representing because everyone thinks there guilty? What about innocent people put in the wrong situation that everyone thinks are guilty? 
eyes.gif

no.  I didn't say they're representing someone who everyone thinks is guilty,  I said someone they know or even believe is guilty.
Is it their job to prove their clients innocence or just convince every one else of it. Is it either or?  After the job is done how do they feel having won

the case, yet sending a dangerous person back into society.

here is the problem. the client isnt going to admit guilt until law client privelege attaches. soooooooo the person could lie to get the attorney to accept the case then go "i lied i did it" now the attorney is trapped. because in order for attorney client privelege to work the attorney cant just jump up as soon as he finds the client morally reprehensible and peace because that instantly becomes prejudicial to the defendant just having a defense attorney drop him. it takes a VERY specific type of situation to be allowed to remove yourself from a client and STILL attorney client is attached even after that person dies.

how do they feel representing a murderer or child molester that they honestly feel is
guilty how do you feel putting that person back on the streets

so do you think they should quit on the person there representing because everyone thinks there guilty? What about innocent people put in the wrong situation that everyone thinks are guilty? 
eyes.gif

no.  I didn't say they're representing someone who everyone thinks is guilty,  I said someone they know or even believe is guilty.
Is it their job to prove their clients innocence or just convince every one else of it. Is it either or?  After the job is done how do they feel having won

the case, yet sending a dangerous person back into society.

here is the problem. the client isnt going to admit guilt until law client privelege attaches. soooooooo the person could lie to get the attorney to accept the case then go "i lied i did it" now the attorney is trapped. because in order for attorney client privelege to work the attorney cant just jump up as soon as he finds the client morally reprehensible and peace because that instantly becomes prejudicial to the defendant just having a defense attorney drop him. it takes a VERY specific type of situation to be allowed to remove yourself from a client and STILL attorney client is attached even after that person dies.

Originally Posted by 36hypno

yall are looking at it completely wrong....its not about money vs doing whats right....its about them doing there job to make sure that everyone regardless of what people think about them gets a fair trial.
Exactly.....that is not to say there aren't those who do it for the money.
I don't know if anyone ever watched the "Practice" but there was an interesting episode that went through why a guy defends a rapist if he knows he is guilty.

one of my favorite show of all times. one of the main characters brothers has a bad lawyer and loses a case, and gets the book thrown at him. im not sure if he was actually guilty or not, but the point made is that he didn't have the best possible representation and the reason he became a lawyer is to make sure everyone gets the best possible defense.

Originally Posted by 36hypno

yall are looking at it completely wrong....its not about money vs doing whats right....its about them doing there job to make sure that everyone regardless of what people think about them gets a fair trial.
Exactly.....that is not to say there aren't those who do it for the money.
I don't know if anyone ever watched the "Practice" but there was an interesting episode that went through why a guy defends a rapist if he knows he is guilty.

one of my favorite show of all times. one of the main characters brothers has a bad lawyer and loses a case, and gets the book thrown at him. im not sure if he was actually guilty or not, but the point made is that he didn't have the best possible representation and the reason he became a lawyer is to make sure everyone gets the best possible defense.

they choose money over what they know is right.

and you clearly don't know what the %@+* you're talking about.

Everyone deserves a proper defense. Someone has to do it. Not everyone is cut from that cloth but nobody should look down upon anyone that believes in that.

Everyone deserves a proper defense. Someone has to do it. Not everyone is cut from that cloth but nobody should look down upon anyone that believes in that.

I'm not criticizing lawyers. I'm saying that the general public tends to view them as immoral because a small percentage fights cases when they know full well their client was guilty. Yes, they are doing their job. But for these people, they are often in full knowledge that their client violated the law and still chooses to defend them. It's kind of like an assassin - they do their job, but are they doing the right thing?

I'm aware that many lawyers defend innocent people. In every case there are guilty people and there are innocent people. For those lawyers who choose to defend a guilty person, they most likely are doing it for money, cause damn straight they know their client broke the law.

What? No the general public dont. General Public loves lawyer. How can you not love a lawyer.

Now the prosecutor DA thinks that way of lawyers all the way!

The general public hates prosecutors police and da. and the da police and prosecutors hates lawyers

I'm not criticizing lawyers. I'm saying that the general public tends to view them as immoral because a small percentage fights cases when they know full well their client was guilty. Yes, they are doing their job. But for these people, they are often in full knowledge that their client violated the law and still chooses to defend them. It's kind of like an assassin - they do their job, but are they doing the right thing?

I'm aware that many lawyers defend innocent people. In every case there are guilty people and there are innocent people. For those lawyers who choose to defend a guilty person, they most likely are doing it for money, cause damn straight they know their client broke the law.

What? No the general public dont. General Public loves lawyer. How can you not love a lawyer.

Now the prosecutor DA thinks that way of lawyers all the way!

The general public hates prosecutors police and da. and the da police and prosecutors hates lawyers

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 

agreed. but OP is this the case that made you feel this way? because lawyers have been bailing out far worse for years...

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Of course not, it's about the money. That's why a lot of people think lawyers are bad people, because they choose money over what they know is right.

This.  No such thing as morals and ethics when it comes to lawyers, one of the least respected professions out there. 

agreed. but OP is this the case that made you feel this way? because lawyers have been bailing out far worse for years...

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Way to take a chuck of my words and chop it up.

That's why a good portion of the public looks down on lawyers. Because people see clearly guilty defendants being backed up by others. Are you going to deny that a lot of people dislike lawyers? And if they do, what is their reasoning?

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Way to take a chuck of my words and chop it up.

That's why a good portion of the public looks down on lawyers. Because people see clearly guilty defendants being backed up by others. Are you going to deny that a lot of people dislike lawyers? And if they do, what is their reasoning?

its about the $
I always wondered this too
would they forever be known for defending criminals and such

its about the $
I always wondered this too
would they forever be known for defending criminals and such

Back
Top Bottom