This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to go watch spurs v la a few years back. my brothers and I got the package that included practice, meet and greet with autographs, and the game for 500.00. way too much money but honestly since I cant see them week in and week out in person I would pay it again.

I sense that RM are just waiting until they know what the deal with Mbappe is. Until they get a definite yes they'll only part with Morata if they get an offer they can't refuse.

Didnt realize barca lost their best young guys from La Masia
City stole one their best young CB prospects too. When people have been saying Barca losing some steam people arent saying they fell off but the Barca brand isnt what it used to be.

Look at Semedo for example. Who knows if that will sure up their defense because hes highly praised for his pace but his defense is still questionable.

went to go watch spurs v la a few years back. my brothers and I got the package that included practice, meet and greet with autographs, and the game for 500.00. way too much money but honestly since I cant see them week in and week out in person I would pay it again.
sat first row behind goal at WHL for about $50... rather just plan for that once a year or every other year

City stole one their best young CB prospects too. When people have been saying Barca losing some steam people arent saying they fell off but the Barca brand isnt what it used to be.
barca is fine... this has been happening for years now
people been throwing stacks at our youth players

"our brand isn't what it used to be" is ridiculous...our brand is way bigger than what it used to be.

Modric with the #10 for RM going forward. Lets hope that he can end the curse left behind by Figo.

barca is fine... this has been happening for years now
people been throwing stacks at our youth players

"our brand isn't what it used to be" is ridiculous...our brand is way bigger than what it used to be.

It's certainly not an issue of club branding. FC Barcelona is probably the greatest brand in all of professional sports only rivaled by Real Madrid, and a distant Manchester United, two club's it was very recently trailing, the club brand is growing.

Yea, Real just won back to back CL but Barca will probably be the only club in the history of football to see the crown of greatest footballer on the planet handed off from one player to the next within its own club.

If we're talking youth development and academy brand, I do think Barca's brand in that domain has fallen in the past 15 years but it's not the decline that it seems at first glance.

People throw the term golden generation around too loosely. Barca legitimately produced one and it bore fruit for a decade. People then conflated perennial greatness at the pinnacle of the sport with ongoing success at the developmental level assuming it was the norm, when really development success is an annual, cyclical, constantly refreshing business.

Meanwhile literally everyone else in Spain's top flights caught up as well as countless others at the feeder club level.

In my mind Athletic Bilbao has been king in Spanish youth development for a while now. What they produce from a talent pool derived of a population of 1.5 million civilians, not youth players, is absolutely insane. Both Madrid clubs passed Barca in the past 10 years. Sevilla too, you can probably even throw Osasuna and Celta de Vigo in the mix.

Other Spanish clubs have gotten absurdly better and more efficient at producing players than in the past, and I think it is fair to say Barca has lived off of some it's well earned lore for a generation now. Needless to say Barca's place as the forebears in development is unquestioned. Other clubs adopted, tweaked or reinvented forms of their methodology over past generations and with greater resources has recently kind of used it to surpass them.

It's certainly not an issue of club branding. FC Barcelona is probably the greatest brand in all of professional sports only rivaled by Real Madrid, and a distant Manchester United, two club's it was very recently trailing, the club brand is growing.

Yea, Real just won back to back CL but Barca will probably be the only club in the history of football to see the crown of greatest footballer on the planet handed off from one player to the next within its own club.

If we're talking youth development and academy brand, I do think Barca's brand in that domain has fallen in the past 15 years but it's not the decline that it seems at first glance.

People throw the term golden generation around too loosely. Barca legitimately produced one and it bore fruit for a decade. People then conflated perennial greatness at the pinnacle of the sport with ongoing success at the developmental level assuming it was the norm, when really development success is an annual, cyclical, constantly refreshing business.

Meanwhile literally everyone else in Spain's top flights caught up as well as countless others at the feeder club level.

In my mind Athletic Bilbao has been king in Spanish youth development for a while now. What they produce from a talent pool derived of a population of 1.5 million civilians, not youth players, is absolutely insane. Both Madrid clubs passed Barca in the past 10 years. Sevilla too, you can probably even throw Osasuna and Celta de Vigo in the mix.

Other Spanish clubs have gotten absurdly better and more efficient at producing players than in the past, and I think it is fair to say Barca has lived off of some it's well earned lore for a generation now. Needless to say Barca's place as the forebears in development is unquestioned. Other clubs adopted, tweaked or reinvented forms of their methodology over past generations and with greater resources has recently kind of used it to surpass them.
go on.....

In addition to the fantasy teams for the PL and CL, would you guys be interested in one for the Bundesliga?
Also, I'll post the link for the PL one soon

The only one I was able to focus on was Fantasy PL

I don't know anyone who actually watches Bundesliga

Yeah I saw el Classico in Madrid for half the price i'm seeing for Miami. Crazy

Game literally is meaningless

Friendlies in the US are trash. It's not competitive and you're paying a lot to watch a B type squad.

I saw Real Madrid/Chelsea a few years ago at Dolphin Stadium, only reason I went was because my boy offered me a free ticket.

I've seen both Man U and Roma here in the states and both times it was cool for me because I support them. But both games were trash. Best part was hanging with the fellow supporters.

It's cool that these clubs are really making an effort to engage with American fans.. but there is no way we should have to pay more than a competitive match. Just doesn't make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom