This is INSANE...and the owner had no idea what it was worth...(car fans)

Crazy

eek.gif

Ive been lookin into getting an old Le Mans or Tempest for the summer.

He turned down an offer of $160,000 to end the auction early because he feared getting negative eBay feedback. That decision paid off. With only sevenminutes remaining, the highest offer was $95,000. When the virtual gavel fell, eBayer "ccsi2000" had bought a very rare, if a little rusty, LeMansfor $226,521. But what he didn't know is that the car is one of only six 1963 Pontiac LeMans Tempest Super Duty coupes ever made. Hemmingsrecently did a story on the rare cars in which they listed all ever built. This one looks to have been driven by Stan Antlocer and was the fastest drag car in1963 before disappearing

i wouldnt pay more than 80 bucks for that thing, and i love classic/muscle cars.

give me a break, the WHOLE car would need to be rebuilt anyway. nothing would be original.

what on earth would a showroom condition one go for (im sure none exist, but still).....a million dollars?

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

i wouldnt pay more than 80 bucks for that thing, and i love classic/muscle cars.

give me a break, the WHOLE car would need to be rebuilt anyway. nothing would be original.

what on earth would a showroom condition one go for (im sure none exist, but still).....a million dollars?

In this case, it doesn't matter...there's only 6 made. It's a piece of racing history. It's a drag car...it's not going to be in pristinecondition...the same way a game-worn pair of shoes is. The person who purchases it will definitely restore it, and you'll see it hit Barrett-Jacksonsometime next year probably...(most likely bought by Ron Pratte)

Man, that was an interesting auction!

Not to often people fall into a windfall like that...I bet he was expecting no more than 2k when he listed it.

Originally Posted by d3772000

Man, that was an interesting auction!

Not to often people fall into a windfall like that...I bet he was expecting no more than 2k when he listed it.

Man, you aint lyin!! Stuff like that only happens once in a lifetime....

Originally Posted by piczon1983

wow.
eek.gif
. What was the begining price on that thing?

i was actually watching this item, me n my uncle bidded up to 1700 hoping nobody would see lol. then it started to skyrocket out of our league
frown.gif

that is just a piece of racing history tho man, i would love to have this car even if it looks like junk now, if they are willing to spend 225k on a car i knowthey are gonna put more then 200k into it to fully restore this, thats crazy the man didnt know what he had in his hands, my uncle went ape crap when he saw itlol, and immediatly called me up and gave me the link, and i went ape crap when he was telling me about it, lol. the man who now owns the car is one lucky SOB

i myself am a chevy man but i have love for all classic domestics, 1 in 6 is SUPER rare, and atleast its in somebodys driveway now because 80% of the oldclassics have been crushed or are rotting away in old junkyards across the country, man im just amazed it sold that well,

I'm a bit disappoint I admit, I thought the car would look better than that but it is part of car history.

this is worse than (well maybe not worse but as dumb as) paying 5k for like beat up og jordans. (even if it's 1 out of 6)

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

Originally Posted by piczon1983

wow.
eek.gif
. What was the begining price on that thing?

i was actually watching this item, me n my uncle bidded up to 1700 hoping nobody would see lol. then it started to skyrocket out of our league
frown.gif

that is just a piece of racing history tho man, i would love to have this car even if it looks like junk now, if they are willing to spend 225k on a car i know they are gonna put more then 200k into it to fully restore this, thats crazy the man didnt know what he had in his hands, my uncle went ape crap when he saw it lol, and immediatly called me up and gave me the link, and i went ape crap when he was telling me about it, lol. the man who now owns the car is one lucky SOB

i myself am a chevy man but i have love for all classic domestics, 1 in 6 is SUPER rare, and atleast its in somebodys driveway now because 80% of the old classics have been crushed or are rotting away in old junkyards across the country, man im just amazed it sold that well,

Wow...someone who understands!
laugh.gif
I'm amazed that 1100 people werewatching the auction...hell, I get geeked when 40+ people watch my auctions!

Back
Top Bottom