This Jussie Smollett Situation is REALLY Bizarre...

Anyone been keeping up with this?

I'll try to sum it up (if I left anything out, please mention.)

Last week he was supposedly assaulted late night in Chicago when getting a bite to eat. He said his assailants poured a chemical on him, put a noose around his neck, and beat him up while yelling some racial and homophobic slurs.

Chicago PD is having a hard time locating any camera footage of the assault. Smollett said he was on the phone with his manager when the assault happened, but he and his manager refused to turn over their phones to the Chicago PD. In addition, I think the only footage that was uncovered was him walking back to his apartment building 45 minutes after the attack w/ a rope around his neck.

It's hard to know what exactly to believe with the details coming out and also with what he's claiming that happened to him. I do wonder if the truth will actually come out?

I don’t get why the refusal to give up his phone matters. How exactly would that help the investigation or make his story more credible?

Anyone been keeping up with this?

I'll try to sum it up (if I left anything out, please mention.)

Last week he was supposedly assaulted late night in Chicago when getting a bite to eat. He said his assailants poured a chemical on him, put a noose around his neck, and beat him up while yelling some racial and homophobic slurs.

Chicago PD is having a hard time locating any camera footage of the assault. Smollett said he was on the phone with his manager when the assault happened, but he and his manager refused to turn over their phones to the Chicago PD. In addition, I think the only footage that was uncovered was him walking back to his apartment building 45 minutes after the attack w/ a rope around his neck.

It's hard to know what exactly to believe with the details coming out and also with what he's claiming that happened to him. I do wonder if the truth will actually come out?
I find it odd as well, especially him and his manager not willing to give up their phone data. Best to just sit back and watch it all unfold and not jump to any conclusions.

I don’t get why the refusal to give up his phone matters. How exactly would that help the investigation or make his story more credible?
Shouldn't they be able to simply subpoena the phone records to see if he was on the phone with his agent at the time?

Not saying that PROVES if the attack actually happened or not but it would be helpful evidence in putting all pieces together .

Reactions: ASE
Weird thing. I didnt even know Jussie was gay irl before this. Just thought he played a gay dude on tv.

oh, it's clearly a situation when no one knows what exactly happened.
To me its clear this is simply the gay version of the risk of meeting a chick off aim/Craigslist/backpage when that was a thing and homey caught the jux.

Only difference is he either got in a scuffle with the intended hookup or it was a trap by some gay bashers.

Which is why he wont give up his phone. Gotta lie about some things since he's a celebrity.

Dont see how nobody knows makes it a situation. Countless times someone has been assaulted with no video footage or witnesses and the only ppl that know what happened is the attacker and attacked. If i went by that logic plenty rapes are just "situations".

Shouldn't they be able to simply subpoena the phone records to see if he was on the phone with his agent at the time?

Not saying that PROVES if the attack actually happened or not but it would be helpful evidence in putting all pieces together .
Since when can police subpoena the victims property in an investigation? They'd have to suspect Jussie of a crime.

What judge is giving the okay on that?

Thats not how it works.

To me its clear this is simply the gay version of the risk of meeting a chick off aim/Craigslist/backpage when that was a thing and homey caught the jux.

Only difference is he either got in a scuffle with the intended hookup or it was a trap by some gay bashers.

Which is why he wont give up his phone. Gotta lie about some things since he's a celebrity.

Dont see how nobody knows makes it a situation. Countless times someone has been assaulted with no video footage or witnesses and the only ppl that know what happened is the attacker and attacked. If i went by that logic plenty rapes are just "situations".

The circumstances surrounding the attack, on the surface, sound HORRIBLE. However, there seem to be a lot of details that should be questioned.

You said he's gotta lie about some things since he's a celeb. Well, if he's lying about being on the phone w/ his manager that pretty much throws the credibility of his story out he window.

The circumstances surrounding the attack, on the surface, sound HORRIBLE. However, there seem to be a lot of details that should be questioned.

You said he's gotta lie about some things since he's a celeb. Well, if he's lying about being on the phone w/ his manager that pretty much throws the credibility of his story out he window.
I mean if he had to lie why would he lie about that?

If he gives the same story and leaves out that he was on the phone when it happened he doesnt lose any credibility since there's nothing to question.

He's not giving up his phone because of what else is on the phone. Not cuz being on the phone with his manager is a lie.

Any detectives with connects can just go to the phone company and see if they can slide them the info that he was on the phone during the time he says the attack went down.

His story sound real funny. His subway sandwich survived all that and he said he had bruised ribs but it's video of him singing and dancing. :lol:

I don't know, if I had to guess he was probably out doing some funny **** and got into small situation.

Jurnee Smollett is still bad, ya'll acting like she fell off.
latest

I don't see what turning over their phones has to do with the credibility of the story. It's just an excuse for the police to got through their phones to find personal information they can use to tarnish their reputations.

And you don't need a phone for phone records, can just go online and pull the records.

I gotta say though if he was out looking for some cut and got lumped up, why make such a scene out of it? Why not try and keep that on the DL?

I mean if he had to lie why would he lie about that?

If he gives the same story and leaves out that he was on the phone when it happened he doesnt lose any credibility since there's nothing to question.

He's not giving up his phone because of what else is on the phone. Not cuz being on the phone with his manager is a lie.

Any detectives with connects can just go to the phone company and see if they can slide them the info that he was on the phone during the time he says the attack went down.

But that's something that didn't happen. HE (and his manager) said they were on the phone together. Which is a MAJOR detail in this story. Not 100% certain, but I think there is protocol that the police have to follow regarding pulling phone records. If there is no consent from the accusing parties, it may be a no-go.

I don't see what turning over their phones has to do with the credibility of the story. It's just an excuse for the police to got through their phones to find personal information they can use to tarnish their reputations.

And you don't need a phone for phone records, can just go online and pull the records.

:lol: What exactly would the Chicago PD want from Jussie Smollett's phone to tarnish HIS rep? It's not like they can just post some random pics from his phone that had nothing to do with the supposed crime and just go with it...that's not how things work.

But that's something that didn't happen. HE (and his manager) said they were on the phone together. Which is a MAJOR detail in this story. Not 100% certain, but I think there is protocol that the police have to follow regarding pulling phone records. If there is no consent from the accusing parties, it may be a no-go.
I'm saying he told them he was on his phone with his manager when the attacked happened.

So why would that be the lie when he could've told them a version of the story where he wasnt on the phone.

So was this something that actually happened, or did he really just get mopped up from messing with somebody's boyfriend, and he tried covering it up with this story?

Back
Top Bottom