This past Thursday was the first official NBA payday....

Man i wish i was tall...

word
pimp.gif

Karl got paid $427,000 for riding the Lakers' bench this season... that's nothing when Brian Cook is getting $3.5 Million for hitting a 3 once in awhile and Kwame receives $9 Million for
dropping passes and choking on dunks.
sick.gif

Edit: Damn, this thread still has me dreaming.
laugh.gif
... I can't imaginethat, straight out of college. Most people are putting together resumes but rookies being paid $425k+ a year to do something they love.

man, i wish. i just wish.... with business im hoping for 100G a year.... but 400+G for two paychecks...
eek.gif
i would kill for that kind of money!

I believe what dude was saying earlier is that there is something wrong with the world we live in today when athletes can make hundreds of thousands of dollarsfor ONLY entertaining us, when

we have a large majority of university level teachers getting paid around the $50,000 (at best) mark. There's seriously something wrong when no one wantsto teach or educate the general

masses because there's no money involved.

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

This world is not fair. We are busting our%$!% study hard to get a job that pay under 100000 a year, while these dude be chillin on the bench and getting hundreds of thousands dollars.

laugh.gif
if ur gonna look at it like that, just join the nba then. It cant be that hard, right?
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

I believe what dude was saying earlier is that there is something wrong with the world we live in today when athletes can make hundreds of thousands of dollars for ONLY entertaining us, when

we have a large majority of university level teachers getting paid around the $50,000 (at best) mark. There's seriously something wrong when no one wants to teach or educate the general

That's not necessarily it either. It's supply and demand. If you do something that ANYBODY can do, you'll most likely not be compensated verywell. There are less than 500 NBA players every year and they are the top 500 basketball players in the world (for the most part). If you find the top 500Attorneys, Doctors etc.. in the world, I assure you that the figures would blow you away as to what they earn annual. It's all. If you're gonnacompare a profession that is something that doesn't require any exceptional skill or god-given ability to something that does it's asinine...
Youwanna see some crazy@$+@, think about dudes like Tom Cruise etc.. who can work for 3 mos on a film and clear 60 million+... Or how about the kid withwww.milliondollarwebsite.com ( i think). Dude made a million basically for an idea that took little to NO effort whatsoever to put together.... That'sill....

"i wish a was a little bit taller, i wish i was a baller..."

Me too....
frown.gif

They put Coby Karl in there for a reason. So we can see what a guy who isn't even playing makes.

Originally Posted by ididit4theluv

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

I believe what dude was saying earlier is that there is something wrong with the world we live in today when athletes can make hundreds of thousands of dollars for ONLY entertaining us, when

we have a large majority of university level teachers getting paid around the $50,000 (at best) mark. There's seriously something wrong when no one wants to teach or educate the general

That's not necessarily it either. It's supply and demand. If you do something that ANYBODY can do, you'll most likely not be compensated very well. There are less than 500 NBA players every year and they are the top 500 basketball players in the world (for the most part). If you find the top 500 Attorneys, Doctors etc.. in the world, I assure you that the figures would blow you away as to what they earn annual. It's all. If you're gonna compare a profession that is something that doesn't require any exceptional skill or god-given ability to something that does it's asinine...
You wanna see some crazy@$+@, think about dudes like Tom Cruise etc.. who can work for 3 mos on a film and clear 60 million+... Or how about the kid with www.milliondollarwebsite.com ( i think). Dude made a million basically for an idea that took little to NO effort whatsoever to put together.... That's ill....
yeah, but 500 hundred BASKETBALL players arre making a helluva lot more money to play a game than let's say the top 500 doctors in the world.,especially the top 500 teachers/professors. I'm not saying the ball players don't deserve a good amount of money, but you got dudes turning down $275MILLION dollars when there are teachers on strike just to get $90K...something is not right.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Ahmed Adudi

thats chump change for me
smh.gif

Only if you count being paid in AJ III's.
Damn, dudes be goin hard at him
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

But seriously, can't hate on dude because he's nothin, he's just a very tiny part of "the system."

$275 MILLION dollars when there are teachers on strike just to get $90K
where you live...
i feel bad for teachers in my state (Az is ranked 50th in spendin on education) my bosses daughter makes $21,000 a year...still live at home etc... but if youlove your job you love it, but
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom