This Past Weekend in NYC....! (NEW PICS!! Pg. 3)

Bunch of teenagers were playing football in the middle of the street taking up the whole street. Cars, vans and taxi's were speeding down the street, not appearing to stop for these kids playing. As a courtesy, I yelled "YO WATCH OUT" and they all started rambling and cussing at me & my boys as if we were trying to be rude, interrupt their game and tell them what to do.

Couple of racists remarks thrown at us (three Asians = 2 chinese + 1 indian). We're all 6'0+, 200 lbs, relatively fit, not scared of a fight.

Just found it pretty funny honestly. Had to take a pic of these clowns!
Shouldnt have even been courteous to them. Theyre stupid enough to play on the street, they deserve to get ran over, let alone shout out racist ****

Thanks for the hospitality, NY!

Seeing Bey & Alicia were definitely top 5 moments :tongue:

Flashdancers wasn't bad either :wink:

Coming from an LA native......

NYC seems mad cool , i know nyc is big and full of business and thats cool , i got to say it ,i can't be acting like LA is the biggest and baddest , where not alone , we got miama , chicago , boston, d.c , houston , dallas...

Ill hope to visit NYC 1 day for sureeee ! , that halal food :wow:

Im not a hater , we still beef tho... NYC seems mad chill , its a big city over there ! everybody knows y'all , yalll = america :lol: 

but yeah , LA is were ill always reside , LA is legit :wow: some real go gangsta licious things going on here boyyyy

:lol: i kid i kid

I always have a great time in LA, I've probably been on 6 roadtrips down there from the Bay. Quite frankly, transportation/traffic/public transportation BLOWS down there. It took my family one time 2 hours to get to LAX from UCLA (~10 miles). Hard to say which city I've had a better experience in, but NYC's transit system (bus, subway, rideshares, shuttles, taxis) are superior than LA or SF.

In b4 "NYC > LA"

Bunch of teenagers were playing football in the middle of the street taking up the whole street. Cars, vans and taxi's were speeding down the street, not appearing to stop for these kids playing. As a courtesy, I yelled "YO WATCH OUT" and they all started rambling and cussing at me & my boys as if we were trying to be rude, interrupt their game and tell them what to do.

Couple of racists remarks thrown at us (three Asians = 2 chinese + 1 indian). We're all 6'0+, 200 lbs, relatively fit, not scared of a fight.

Just found it pretty funny honestly. Had to take a pic of these clowns!

:lol: Sucks that happened, but the number 1 rule tourists to NYC should know is "mind your business".

OP, wasn't sure if it was posted in the thread already, but are you from LA?

-Drew

Ive lived in NY all my life and never had Katz deli or artichoke pizza
there is not a stone face big enough for me.
I swear I take living in the best city in the world for granted.

OP, wasn't sure if it was posted in the thread already, but are you from LA?
-Drew

Bay Area. Originally from Alameda, live in Oakland, work in SF.

Is that bear at Columbia doing the Gangnam Style? :rofl:

:rofl: i couldnt believe it when i saw it.... this dude PSY ivy-league swagger jacking!

Also, Top of Rock is decent, but I believe the Empire State has a better 360 view of all of NYC. You're able to see more of Lower Manhattan, BK, Lady Liberty and both the Hudson & East Rivers. Feel free to chime in NY natives.

www.citypass.com is your friend.

nice OP thanks for the pix I've never been to NYC so it's great learning new things...but IMO i miss the bay i'm originally from ALAMEDA as well but moved to LA in 91...i like the slower pace of the BAY compared to the hustle and bustle of LA :smh: so much more relaxing up north BAY > LA

Incredibly jealous, New York is second favorite city in the world coming after SF. I try to make it out there at least once a year and I'm overdue for a visit

The one & only NYC, great shots, glad you went to the Met museum, that's mandatory. I'm in San Francisco for a week although beautiful city & architecture, I'm struggling to put the beauty in pics. NYC is just effortlessly, Grand Central Terminal, Top of The Rock is amazing, less touristy than Empire State Building. You did NYC right!

Ive lived in NY all my life and never had Katz deli or artichoke pizza
there is not a stone face big enough for me.
I swear I take living in the best city in the world for granted.

Katz's is great. You just need to get in there at the right time. A quality meal after going out in the LES -expensive, though, for a sandwich which you probably won't be able to finish. . :smokin

Here are some recommendations for very tasty meals (note: not healthy) from places that are fairly well-known in Manhattan (I've lived around the corner from all of them):

Crif Dogs (East Village)

The Meatball Shop (Lower East Side)

Luke's Lobster (East Village/Upper East and a few other locations)

S'mac (East Village/Murray Hill)

Parisi (NoLita)

Pomme Frites (East Village)

Melt Shop (Midtown East)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom