thoughts on having kids with no intention on marriage?

Saw this discussion on Twitter where women had multiple babies with the same guy but didn't want to rush into marriage because it's too serious. Anybody else feel like that? Where having babies with someone is less serious than marriage, can you explain that thought process?

I'm not talking about accident babies either, I mean two people in a relationship for years with kids and don't see a marriage in the near future.

I was with my wife for ten years with two kids before we got married. Had to make sure she was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I actually think its a bad idea to marry someone just because you have a kid with them.
Times have changed, if both people are good parents and don't want too get married nothing wrong with it IMO.

in a perfect world this would be what i want, were i could have children with one women and i could save money and bs that a wedding brings. 

a lawyer and a good accountant >>>>>> greater than marriage. Marriage is the only contract agreed to where emotion prevails over logic, not a good look for anyone.

you are more than likely to divorce anyway so minus whale skip the headache...

also save money on expensive **** like wedding, honeymoon

but also a kid isn't an accessory and benefits from stability...kidless and marriageless so i really have no idea what I'm talking about 

Last edited:
I didn't mean if you have kids you should get married. I'm just trying to understand how people believe a marriage is more serious and more commitment than a child?

having unplanned kids before marriage is one thing, but actually telling yourself being married ties you down to a woman more than getting her pregnant is one of the most idiotic things ive heard, i got a few boys who think like this and whe we get into it, dudes never have a proper rebuttal....like son, WHY plan a family with a woman you can't see yourself marrying??...lol

you are more than likely to divorce anyway so minus whale skip the headache...

also save money on expensive **** like wedding, honeymoon

but also a kid isn't an accessory and benefits from stability...kidless and marriageless [COLOR=#red]so i really have no idea what I'm talking about [/COLOR]

QFT

Three of my boys are Dominican and they're parents are all like this. Never bothered to ask them about their views on marriage but some of their siblings are married though so I figured it was an island thing.

Last edited:
I was with my wife for ten years with two kids before we got married. Had to make sure she was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I actually think its a bad idea to marry someone just because you have a kid with them.
Times have changed, if both people are good parents and don't want too get married nothing wrong with it IMO.

Shouldn't you make sure you want to spend the rest of your life with her before you two have children?

Shouldn't you make sure you want to spend the rest of your life with her before you two have children?

this is what i dont understand.....

and i seriously would like someone to explain the logic, how do you view a woman you can PLAN A PREGNANCY with, but for some reason you are unsure you can marry her....

unless you dont believe in the institution of marriage at all.

I feel like im the only person who wants to push a mutual co-parent agenda.

Whether people want to believe it or not, in this day and age marriage isnt forever like it use to be. Mentally, our generation is not ready for that level of commitment anymore. The divorce rate being 50% and ever increasing is proof of this.

but currently my view of marriage is iffy right now. I can see myself being married one day but at the same time if someone told me that they dont care for it or believe in marriage anymore im not going to argue with them

I feel like im the only person who wants to push a mutual co-parent agenda.

Whether people want to believe it or not, in this day and age marriage isnt forever like it use to be. Mentally, our generation is not ready for that level of commitment anymore. The divorce rate being 50% and ever increasing is proof of this.

but what are kids???.....dawg no matter how you paint the picture if you impregnate a woman, you are tied to said woman for the rest of your childs life, you may keep it at a civil level, but woulnt it be ideal for the kids safety and mental health, that you two are together?....are you as a man ok, with another man having a say in your childs life??..

but what are kids???.....dawg no matter how you paint the picture if you impregnate a woman, you are tied to said woman for the rest of your childs life, you may keep it at a civil level, but woulnt it be ideal for the kids safety and mental health, that you two are together?....are you as a man ok, with another man having a say in your childs life??..

valid points here

but actually telling yourself being married ties you down to a woman more than getting her pregnant is one of the most idiotic things ive heard

This is what I'm trying to understand.

Having a child with someone = you have some type of bond with them FOREVER but people saying marriage is too serious? :lol: makes no sense

Back
Top Bottom