Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

let's get this thread back on track.
Matthew 5:10-11 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Amen.

Why would jesus pray to another being and ask it to forgive people? Why would Jesus pray in the first place if he is LORD?
The Son and the Father are One, as well as with the Holy Spirit.

He needed encouragement from the Father, for though he was divine, he

was also human and temptation is prone to man.

We serve a humble God who served others with his time on Earth.

No. Nowhere in the bibledoes it say that God is the son, father, and holy spirit. 

Sure, it should be beyond us to understand God's ways...but it shouldn't be beyond us to understand his identity?
The Bible states it several times. The book of John alone has several references to it.
I posted scripture touching this subject already. please go back and see it.
I can take you to the well, but can't make you drink it.

again, Jesus died, but he did not stay dead, he came back alive.
no scripture that you posted states that God is the 'son, holy spirit, and father' combined, no scripture states that.

And still, Jesus died...therefore God died for three days. For three days there was no God in the universe?

Why would jesus pray to another being and ask it to forgive people? Why would Jesus pray in the first place if he is LORD?

But you haven't answered the question though...fine they are one, but if he is God why would he be praying to god?

If youre not religous the bible is still interesting tho

Matthew 24:4-5
“Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.”

If the son and the father are one then why would one need to pray to the other? Why would one need encouragement from the other if they are the same?

But you haven't answered the question though...fine they are one, but if he is God why would he be praying to god?
I answered it.

Like you and me, Jesus experienced the temptations of the

flesh, but never acted on it. By speaking to the Father he was

encouraged and strengthened by his Spirit.

Matthew 13:19

"When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road."

How do you guys know this isn't you? If possible can we get some objective answers. I understand you may have a personal feeling, but could you point out some situations where "hey satan deceived those guys with the kingdom" and it didn't work.

Read james

"Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone…You have faith, and I have works: show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faithby my works…But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?” (2:17-18, 20).

think of salvation in this way. A wealthy father approaches his son heading off to college with this offer: “Son, upon graduation, I will give you one million dollars if you maintain a B average, never get drunk, and never cut classes.”

Ask: if the young man meets these conditions, will he receive the million dollars? Yes! Has his conduct earned him the money? No! Of course not. He merely did what all young men should do at college. Yet he would not receive the million dollars if he did not meet the preconditions—the qualifiers!

Salvation is the same. Of course God offers far more than a million dollars, but only those who obey Him—who qualify—may receive His offer. Why cannot millions of Christians understand such basic logic?

Matthew 13:19

"When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road."

How do you guys know this isn't you? If possible can we get some objective answers. I understand you may have a personal feeling, but could you point out some situations where "hey satan deceived those guys with the kingdom" and it didn't work.
I will also ask of you one question, and answer me 

and I will tell you how I know this isn't me.

The Holy Spirit, is He God or of men?

Last edited:
I answered it.

Like you and me, Jesus experienced the temptations of the
flesh, but never acted on it. By speaking to the Father he was
encouraged and strengthened by his Spirit.

So the human form of god is weaker than the father? since in your words, he is prone to temptations and needs encouragement?

also this concept of free will is nothing but an illusion wouldn't you say?

Effectively god knows every decision you are going to make before you are born/made? Free will is therefore nothing more than an illusion (empowered by the fact that we are NOT all-knowing). Being all-knowing breaks this illusion. God knows what you will do an infinite amount of time before you were born and your choices are ultimately the cause of causality and not your responsibility. God is sending people to heaven and hell, not based on how you've lived, but on how he (willingly and knowingly) set everything in motion.

Since you dont want to answer my questions that i Quoted from a bible ill ask you this simple question.

How comes Jesus (peace be upon him) doesnt know the final hour? Father knew the "day and hour." Matt. 24:36

1 For thousands of years, the people who did not have the Knowledge of the person, or reality of God worshiped their own Ideas of God. He has been made like many things other than what He really is. The Christians refer to God as a "Mystery" and a "Spirit" and divide Him into thirds. One part they call the Father, another part the Son, and the third part they call the Holy Ghost; which makes the three, one. This is contrary to both nature and mathematics. The law of mathematics will not allow us to put three into one. Our nature rebels against such a belief of God being a mystery and yet the Father of a son and a Holy Ghost without a wife or without being something In reality. We wonder how can the son be human, and the father a mystery (unknown), or a spirit? Who is this Holy Ghost that is classified as being the equal of the father and the son?

2 The Christians do not believe in God as being a human being, yet they believe in Him as being the Father of all human beings. They also refer to God as He, Him, Man, King and The Ruler. They teach that God sees, hears, talks, walks, stands, sits, rides, and flies; that He grieves or sorrows; and that He is interested in the affairs of human beings. They also teach that once upon a time He made the first man like Himself in the image and likeness of Himself, but yet they believe that He, Himself, is not a man or human. They preach and prophesy of His coming and that He will be seen on the Judgment Day but is not man. They cannot tell us what He looks like, yet man is made like Him and in the image of God, and yet they still say that He is a mystery (unknown).

3 How can one teach the people to know God if He, himself, does not know God. If you try teaching the Christians that God is also a human being, they will say that you are crazy, that you do not believe in God and that you are an infidel. In the meantime, while they admit that He is a Mystery God (unknown), they teach not to make any likeness of Him; yet they adorn their walls and churches with pictures, images and statues like human beings.

Man, tough crowd in here.

I've always felt that the bible, while divine in spirit is still written and translated by man through hundreds of years, which yields in mistakes, and odd conflicts. Heck if you ask me what I did yesterday then I'd probably mess up the story on accident.

That being said, I take some things literal and some things as stories that have life lessons. It's definitely a pick-and-choose-method of practicing spirituality, but for me that's fine. I don't honestly think anyone has the right answer, theres so many different religions and ways to the afterlife that I have hope that everyone makes it to the same place. 

I can't get with those people that have a black and white view on religion and or spiritual issues. Everyones journey is different, just respect it and move on. 

(runs for cover for pending inevitable napalm explosion)

calypso chanta calypso chanta

As many people as they're on earth, they're as many pathways to god.

Some people say their's is better because they really don't believe and are looking for confirmation from others. Hence the start of this post and the title change.

I have no problem with the beliefs of a higher power. I do have a problem with people saying the bible is 100% truth, yet can't even come to an agreement with other that believe the same thing but take some of it a parable. The "100% truth" was also rewritten by men who used it for their own gain, or to please their people. Those men didn't even believe in god, just used it to control people.

I have no problem with the beliefs of a higher power. I do have a problem with people saying the bible is 100% truth, yet can't even come to an agreement with other that believe the same thing but take some of it a parable. The "100% truth" was also rewritten by men who used it for their own gain, or to please their people. Those men didn't even believe in god, just used it to control people.
I agree.

Last edited:
1 For thousands of years, the people who did not have the Knowledge of the person, or reality of God worshiped their own Ideas of God. He has been made like many things other than what He really is. The Christians refer to God as a "Mystery" and a "Spirit" and divide Him into thirds. One part they call the Father, another part the Son, and the third part they call the Holy Ghost; which makes the three, one. This is contrary to both nature and mathematics. The law of mathematics will not allow us to put three into one. Our nature rebels against such a belief of God being a mystery and yet the Father of a son and a Holy Ghost without a wife or without being something In reality. We wonder how can the son be human, and the father a mystery (unknown), or a spirit? Who is this Holy Ghost that is classified as being the equal of the father and the son?

2 The Christians do not believe in God as being a human being, yet they believe in Him as being the Father of all human beings. They also refer to God as He, Him, Man, King and The Ruler. They teach that God sees, hears, talks, walks, stands, sits, rides, and flies; that He grieves or sorrows; and that He is interested in the affairs of human beings. They also teach that once upon a time He made the first man like Himself in the image and likeness of Himself, but yet they believe that He, Himself, is not a man or human. They preach and prophesy of His coming and that He will be seen on the Judgment Day but is not man. They cannot tell us what He looks like, yet man is made like Him and in the image of God, and yet they still say that He is a mystery (unknown).

3 How can one teach the people to know God if He, himself, does not know God. If you try teaching the Christians that God is also a human being, they will say that you are crazy, that you do not believe in God and that you are an infidel. In the meantime, while they admit that He is a Mystery God (unknown), they teach not to make any likeness of Him; yet they adorn their walls and churches with pictures, images and statues like human beings.
Neither can I tell you how I know.

Neither can I tell you how I know.
"Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it."

Last edited:

Also wanted to point out with this you're trying to use a logic trap. I Would strongly advise against this. And to definitively to answer your question, there's no such thing as the Holy Spirit.

"Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it."
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God,

for they are foolishness to him;

and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

1 Conrint 2:14

But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God,

for they are foolishness to him;

and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

1 Conrint 2:14
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

I can do this all day man, just stop playing yourself.

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

I can do this all day man, just stop playing yourself.
I am a messenger of the gospel. 

You all have seen and heard his Word.

Now that you have heard his Word, will you repent 

and trust, or deny Him. Simple as that.

You can play the skeptic all day

but it won't fill your soul's 

longing.

Last edited:
I am a messenger of the gospel. 

You all have seen and heard his Word.
Now that you have heard his Word, will you repent 
and trust, or deny Him. Simple as that.

You can play the skeptic all day
but it won't fill your soul's 
longing.

Messenger of the gospel. :rolleyes

Dude u got the stones to tell me that my religion is fraud and bribing god..

Go somewhere with your disrespect

Keep trolling... In the name if God at that..

Get a life

Back
Top Bottom