Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

I actually do have a lot of problems with this country's roots.

Unless you're a Rush Limbaugh-listening, Fox News-watching conservative I don't see how you could think our nation's history is hunky-dory.

I dont listen to Rush, I watch news from several sources, including Fox. I am a Christian, so I guess one would label me a "conservative".
Im not sure what you mean by hunky-dory tho.

Can I get some clarity on who these people might be?

Rev: 3:9

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

That's not how it works with atheism :lol:

Besides that you do not need belief to acknowledge that there are somethings that exist that are greater than an individual or everyone. The sun for instance. It's a fact that it exists and it is greater than me and everyone else.

Also, agnosticism only deals with the question of can one know something or not, agnostics believing that they can't know. So as it applies to deities, they can believe in GOD(s) but simply not know if that GOD(s) exists. As it stands every theist is an agnostic theist. There are crazy ppl that claim to be gnostics theists but they are incapable of proving what they claim to know. Same thing goes for gnostic atheists who claim to know GOD does not exist but then you get in to that whole proving a negative thing.
:rofl:

Madness.

Atheism is the one escaping authority through use of imagination :lol:

It's pretty clear you don't adhere to any sort of reason or logic. Delusions rule you.

I tend to forget this is the dude that feels the slaughter of his ppl was a good thing.
Then why not put faith in things worthy of it? That's what I do.

Faith in my life is based off of past experiences. If a friend has come through for me in the past I'll have faith he'll come through for me in the future. I can have faith in the fundamentals of science cuz they've continually been proven to work and the principles and practices hold up to scrutiny so I can trust in it's findings and conclusions.

Blind faith is what you happen to subscribe to. Which isn't healthy at all.
You don't know how science works do you?

I don't see how I can end faith in science when it's been proven to work. The method actually works.

Which is worse ditching science when it gets one thing wrong and adapts or sticking with a religion no matter how many things it gets wrong until everything about it is wrong?
Fixed.

Blind faith, is exactly that. Believing in things you cannot fully see or understand.

Science has gotten more than 1 thing wrong. Come on now. And I agree, religions get many things wrong. Thats why I dont follow religions. I have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ.
Science has gotten many things wrong, wasn't trying to make it sound otherwise. has corrected itself and gone on because it's tools remain tried and true.

Explain to me what part of the bold is blind faith? Cuz if Science admits it got something wrong and changes because if it, acknowledges it got something wrong, and starts over from the part they got wrong explain what that has to do with blind faith?

Do you seriously not understand the scientific method?

Now religion doesn't admit it's faults, doesn't change it's text, doesn't acknowledge it's faults and hold anybody accountable for the who knows how many years or centuries they had ppl do something because of it. That's mainly because the ppl that believe in aren't that smart.

Christianity isn't a religion? What would you call it, or classify it as?

Christianity is a relationship, NOT A RELGION. Its You + God.
You should tell this to the guy that thinks you can't believe in GOD without the bible.

Lets not act like "science" isn't in the pocket of those who run **** otherwise we'd have free energy and cars wouldn't run on gasoline. What you all call "science" is not real science.

Lets not act like "science" isn't in the pocket of those who run **** otherwise we'd have free energy and cars wouldn't run on gasoline. What you all call "science" is not real science.
That's neither here nor there.

Like don't got a damn thing to do with what I'm talking about :lol: Doesn't even counter anything I'm saying about religion.

If you want to talk about the haves and the have nots, and what science can provide and sustain for mankind go make a thread about it.

I always found it funny and ironic that the Science side of the debate fails to acknowledge the placebo effect of the belief in God. Whether you want to call is Karma, coincidence, or by chance.

Does it really matter if God exists? If person "A" really truly believes that there is in fact a superior being, and believes that it does "work in mysterious ways", what does it matter to person "B"?
When nonsense like the Islamic State is going around, it matters. 

When people would rather put more money into fighting gay marriage and the teaching of evolution than to actual useful causes, it matters.

When people are so ignorant that they think evolutionary biology is a worldwide conspiracy created by evil atheist scientists, it matters. 

Can I get some clarity on who these people might be?

Rev: 3:9

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
The Jews in Smyrna were persecuting Christians. Serving Satan's purpose.

That's not how it works with atheism
laugh.gif

Besides that you do not need belief to acknowledge that there are somethings that exist that are greater than an individual or everyone. The sun for instance. It's a fact that it exists and it is greater than me and everyone else.

Also, agnosticism only deals with the question of can one know something or not, agnostics believing that they can't know. So as it applies to deities, they can believe in GOD(s) but simply not know if that GOD(s) exists. As it stands every theist is an agnostic theist. There are crazy ppl that claim to be gnostics theists but they are incapable of proving what they claim to know. Same thing goes for gnostic atheists who claim to know GOD does not exist but then you get in to that whole proving a negative thing.
roll.gif

Madness.

Atheism is the one escaping authority through use of imagination
laugh.gif

It's pretty clear you don't adhere to any sort of reason or logic. Delusions rule you.

I tend to forget this is the dude that feels the slaughter of his ppl was a good thing.

Faith in my life is based off of past experiences. If a friend has come through for me in the past I'll have faith he'll come through for me in the future. I can have faith in the fundamentals of science cuz they've continually been proven to work and the principles and practices hold up to scrutiny so I can trust in it's findings and conclusions.

I don't see how I can end faith in science when it's been proven to work. The method actually works.

Which is worse ditching science when it gets one thing wrong and adapts or sticking with a religion no matter how many things it gets wrong until everything about it is wrong?
Fixed.
Tell me. What sin in your life do you 

enjoy so much?

You know we are all guilty in God's eyes and that is why

you believe you're better off living as if God is not here watching

your every breathe.

With the impending judgement soon to come, you know  you

will have to face God, and he knows all of your thoughts, your "secret" activities

and the blasphemous things you've said of Him.

He is just, but he was also loving enough

OP are you excited for the Left Behind remake?

I like the song in the trailer because it was in a John Cena / Randy Orton video package.

That's not how it works with atheism
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Madness.

Atheism is the one escaping authority through use of imagination
laugh.gif

Fixed.
Evolution isn't science. How can everything be made from nothing?

If the answer is "We don't claim to know the beginning", then evolution

just fails to answer what it was meant to.

I'll give it props for creativity, but to rest your faith on it

rather than the Supreme Creator of the universe, is

ridiculous. 

Everyone knows there is God. Whether you suppress the truth

in unrighteousness is your problem.

Christianity is faith, confidence, in God's promises.

Science is observable. You can observe the maintaining of

all of nature and the works of God, but you can't observe a crocodile

transforming into a duck. But I figure the argument 

is that adaption = evolution in the evolutionary world.

Last edited:
OP are you excited for the Left Behind remake?

I like the song in the trailer because it was in a John Cena / Randy Orton video package.
I think I'm good. I enjoyed the past installment tho. When it comes to Hollywood and 'Christian' films,

I can only wait to not watch.

Last edited:
Probably a smart move especially considering the fact that Nicholas Cage is one of the worst actors out there.

That's not how it works with atheism :lol:

:rofl:

Madness.

Atheism is the one escaping authority through use of imagination :lol:

Fixed.
Tell me. What sin in your life do you 
enjoy so much?
I don't believe in the concept of sin.

You know we are all guilty in God's eyes and that is why
you believe you're better off living as if God is not here watching
your every breathe.
If I knew these things for a fact what would be the point in believing otherwise? :lol:

How about you stop talking about things you actually know nothing about? That can be the first step in reforming on your way back to rationality? You can believe in your arcane fiction but please know your place when you speak to others.

With the impending judgement soon to come, you know  you
will have to face God, and he knows all of your thoughts, your "secret" activities
and the blasphemous things you've said of Him.

He is just, but he was also loving enough
Ahh yes the gloom and doom. Tell me you have a date on this judgement date instead of just "soon"

Fear tactics don't work over here boy. Also I reject the entire premise that two individuals are responsible for the innate guilt and "sin" of all of mankind.

I don't care about this hypocritical being with Professor X powers that you believe in. Save it. I mean how can anything I say be blasphemous if it doesn't exist?

:lol: @"secret" activities. Worry about your own boy. I can tell by this reaction you should probably do more reflecting upon yourself, your action, your thoughts, and w/e secret activities. Don't project. You don't need GOD or a religion to be a better person and live a better life.

Stop being weak.

Last edited:
The concept of "sin" is ridiculous really. At one point the bible mentions its a sin for men to have long hair and for femals to have short hair. It's also a sin for wives to talk back to their husbands. It's a sin to be selfish yet the bible teaches to save yourself when it comes to entering heaven. It's a sin to be jealous yet God is a jealous god. It's a sin to hate yet God hates sinners.

The contradictions are so blatant it's ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom