Three Most Lyrical Rappers (Not your favorite) vol. Back to the Lyrics, Mayne

List your three most lyrical rappers and you're favorite album/tape by them. I really wanna listen to some lyrical music tonight, no gimmicks, no flashy#%%$, no autotune, no singing, just hip hop.

Mine:
Rakim- The Master
Nas- It Was Written
BIG- Ready to Die

It's really not that complicated man, like I said pure hip hop. Very poetic, not a lot of entertainment, more about the art.

Let me clear it up even more. For example I don't listen to BIG that much cause I really can't relate to his music much, but I respect his lyricalabilities as one of the best ever.

Phonte - The Minstrel Show - My favorite rapper because of his lyrical ability and how much I can relate. "Last Day" solidified that. The best'regular Joe' rapper out.
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor - Best lyricist out and I will stick by that
Eyedea - The Many Faces Of Oliver Heart - The most coherent album I have ever heard. Each track transitions flawlessly into the next.

Honorable Mention:
Royce Da 5'9 - Street Hop

Originally Posted by sixersdukejordan

It's really not that complicated man, like I said pure hip hop. Very poetic, not a lot of entertainment, more about the art.

Its not complicated. Just because you're lyrics aren't "poetic" that doesnt mean you aren't lyrical.

Anyways, not a album, but these 3 songs come in mind imo:

In no particular order: Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (with Deltron 3030) Slug Jay-Z Honorable Mention: Saul Williams

Back
Top Bottom