Three Teachers Fired for Facebook Flirting with Students

(The New York Post) - At least three educators from New York City public high schools were fired in the past six months for having inappropriate dealings with students on Facebook -- one of which culminated in a sexual relationship, the New York Post reported Monday.

One of the booted employees was former Bronx teacher Chadwin Reynolds, who "friended" about a half-dozen female students and wrote comments like, "This is sexy," under some of their Facebook photos, schools investigators found.

Reynolds, 37, allegedly tried to get one teen to go out with him by getting her phone number and sending her flowers, candy and a teddy bear.

He protested to the Post that his case "was thrown out. It's not true. The Board of Education found that the claims were not valid."

Another ex-Department of Education (DOE) employee -- Laurie Hirsch, 30, a former paraprofessional at a school in Queens -- was canned in May for her steamy Facebook shenanigans involving a student.

She posted a photo of her kissing an 18-year-old male former student on the lips, which sparked an investigation. The student subsequently told the Office of the Special Commissioner of Investigation that he had sex with Hirsch about 10 times in her apartment last year.

Hirsch, while not minimizing the extent of her mistakes, said neither she nor the student were attending school any longer when their dalliance began.

In Manhattan, substitute teacher Stephen D'Andrilli also "friended" several female students at on Facebook and sent inappropriate messages, according to schools investigators.

He allegedly sent one girl a message telling her she was pretty and told her he had tried to visit her during one of her Saturday classes. To another young girl, he allegedly wrote that her "boyfriend [did not] deserve a beautiful girl like you."

D'Andrilli, who did not return a message seeking comment, was barred last month from subbing ever again.

Despite the flurry of troubling incidents, DOE officials said they do not currently have a policy that addresses teacher-student communication on Facebook. Still, "we continually look at ways that our policies may need to evolve to keep pace with technology," a DOE spokeswoman said.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.c...onc-20101018-fc_10161610

Edit
Bronx teacher Chadwin Reynolds "friended" at least five female students and commented on their photos, writing "This is sexy" under more than one. He tried to get a girl to go out with him by scoring her number off of Facebook and sending her flowers, candy, and a teddy bear. On Reynolds's own page, he assured such young friends, "I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look inside." 
roll.gif

http://nymag.com/daily/in...ynecologist_but_ill.html

I wonder how the administration finds out about these things...

(The New York Post) - At least three educators from New York City public high schools were fired in the past six months for having inappropriate dealings with students on Facebook -- one of which culminated in a sexual relationship, the New York Post reported Monday.

One of the booted employees was former Bronx teacher Chadwin Reynolds, who "friended" about a half-dozen female students and wrote comments like, "This is sexy," under some of their Facebook photos, schools investigators found.

Reynolds, 37, allegedly tried to get one teen to go out with him by getting her phone number and sending her flowers, candy and a teddy bear.

He protested to the Post that his case "was thrown out. It's not true. The Board of Education found that the claims were not valid."

Another ex-Department of Education (DOE) employee -- Laurie Hirsch, 30, a former paraprofessional at a school in Queens -- was canned in May for her steamy Facebook shenanigans involving a student.

She posted a photo of her kissing an 18-year-old male former student on the lips, which sparked an investigation. The student subsequently told the Office of the Special Commissioner of Investigation that he had sex with Hirsch about 10 times in her apartment last year.

Hirsch, while not minimizing the extent of her mistakes, said neither she nor the student were attending school any longer when their dalliance began.

In Manhattan, substitute teacher Stephen D'Andrilli also "friended" several female students at on Facebook and sent inappropriate messages, according to schools investigators.

He allegedly sent one girl a message telling her she was pretty and told her he had tried to visit her during one of her Saturday classes. To another young girl, he allegedly wrote that her "boyfriend [did not] deserve a beautiful girl like you."

D'Andrilli, who did not return a message seeking comment, was barred last month from subbing ever again.

Despite the flurry of troubling incidents, DOE officials said they do not currently have a policy that addresses teacher-student communication on Facebook. Still, "we continually look at ways that our policies may need to evolve to keep pace with technology," a DOE spokeswoman said.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.c...onc-20101018-fc_10161610

Edit
Bronx teacher Chadwin Reynolds "friended" at least five female students and commented on their photos, writing "This is sexy" under more than one. He tried to get a girl to go out with him by scoring her number off of Facebook and sending her flowers, candy, and a teddy bear. On Reynolds's own page, he assured such young friends, "I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look inside." 
roll.gif

http://nymag.com/daily/in...ynecologist_but_ill.html

I wonder how the administration finds out about these things...

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

"I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look inside."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

New facebook pickup line.

Well I guess not New New, since homie was already usin it. But its time to go to work NT

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

"I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look inside."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

New facebook pickup line.

Well I guess not New New, since homie was already usin it. But its time to go to work NT

What's wrong with the 30-year-old kissing her former 18-year-old student? IMO doesn't warrant her losing her job.

What's wrong with the 30-year-old kissing her former 18-year-old student? IMO doesn't warrant her losing her job.

These teachers are on some 1800's Victorian Era type age limitations.
I guarantee that these teachers had the condoms, lube, and Mike's Hard Lemonade in their messenger bags.

These teachers are on some 1800's Victorian Era type age limitations.
I guarantee that these teachers had the condoms, lube, and Mike's Hard Lemonade in their messenger bags.

Back
Top Bottom