Tim Tebow in the NFL....QB or no QB...that is the question

So, what do you think? I belive he wants to prove that he can play under center in the NFL. Dude is good when he is on the move, but when it comes to makingthings happen while in the pocket...well, he's average (at best). I think Mel Kiper is projecting him to be a TE on the next level. Think about some ofthe southpaw mobile QB's over the past 15-20 years....Steve Young, Mike Vick, Mark Brunell, etc. aside from Vick, those dudes were not only good when thepocket collapsed, but were just as good when the pocket was there. Also, Timmy trying to truck dudes in the NFL like he does in college just won't work. The speed & strength on these LB's/DB's in the NFL is ridiculous. While I think Tim Tebow is a GREAT college QB, I think he's going to have ahard time adjusting to what he's going to face in the NFL if he stays at QB (but my predictions have been wrong before
laugh.gif
).

*also, what's up w. those announcers last night saying "if you spend 15 minutes w. Tim Tebow your life will be changed forever?' I mean, come on
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Tim will get teabagged quick fast in the NFL, he will continue the legacy of Florida's failed QB's in the pros.

He'll be drafted higher than he should be because of his name and these coaches think they alone can mold him.

Who knows what he'll end up being like....but at this point he needs to just get out of college so I dont have to listen to these people rank him one notchabove Jesus. These media members have been tripping over themselves for 2 years to tell the same stories and try to dramatize the same themes. And last nightwas the clincher

I hate Timmy Teabag.

But that boy has made MAJOR STRIDES in his pass game.

He was making some great throws last night.

Now, I really don't see him scanning the field, making check downs, looking off the Safety, etc. But that may be dude to the nature of the offense.

His throwing motion and his technique is still terrible, though somewhat improved.

I don't THINK he'll ever be a big-time NFL QB, But stranger things have happened. One thing I know is that he'll put in the necessary work to TRYand become one.

That Offense doesn't really prepare QB's or WR's for the NFL, IMO. Except for a talent like Percy, who was going to the L REGARDLESS of what typeof offense he was in.

he'll make a solid TE...?
grin.gif

"In such a cynical, sarcastic society, oftentimes looking for the negative on anybody or anything, if you're fortunate enough to spend five minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it."
that's from my man Thom Brennaman...stick to calling Reds games please.

As a QB he will be a failure in the NFL, simple as that. That's one of the reason I could never label him as the greatest College Player ever as posedto us with your post a few weeks ago.

negative at qb. maybe a fb or te is more likely to happen. dunno what the chuckles was for at the fb position...he wouldn't be bad if he'd man up.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

As a QB he will be a failure in the NFL, simple as that. That's one of the reason I could never label him as the greatest College Player ever as posed to us with your post a few weeks ago.
So what if he's a failure in the NFL as a QB?...how does that have any bearing on what he accomplished in college?...he's cemented hislegacy in college FB...you can't take that away from him. I have no issue saying he's in that discussion over who the GREATEST college FB player everis/was....

As a QB he will be a failure in the NFL, simple as that. That's one of the reason I could never label him as the greatest College Player ever as posed to us with your post a few weeks ago.
So Tommy Fraizer wouldn't be in the convo either?

Originally Posted by dreClark

So Tommy Fraizer wouldn't be in the convo either?
I can't stand crap like this. So you have to be great in the pros or your college career doesn't matter?

Originally Posted by shaqrules

negative at qb. maybe a fb or te is more likely to happen. dunno what the chuckles was for at the fb position...he wouldn't be bad if he'd man up.
it'd be weird as hell to see him at fb after playing qb his whole career

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Some of Yall honestly believe he could play fullback?

roll.gif
@ dude trying to lead block or pick up a blitz.

Edit: Some team should pick him up in the mid-rounds, give him a shot at becoming a pass-catching TE (asking dude to block is probably too much), and throw himback there in some Wildcat %!*$ from time to time.

I really dont see him being a QB at the next level. If anything a TE but who knows. Only time will tell.

18 for 30 with 2 INT's...when he is forced to pass he is NOT nearly as effective

put in that situation in the NFL and he will be 9 for 30 with 3 INT and a couple fumbles

So what if he's a failure in the NFL as a QB?...how does that have any bearing on what he accomplished in college?...he's cemented his legacy in college FB...you can't take that away from him. I have no issue saying he's in that discussion over who the GREATEST college FB player ever is/was....

You as well as the other individual misinterpreted my point of view. Even if you feel like he is the best college Greatest college football player ever, and Istand highly against that, wouldn't he have to have some sort of success in the pros. I'm not saying he has to be or should be the next Dan Marino byprocess of elimination and putting up and breaking numbers year after year, but if he sits the bench and doesn't do anything of substance in the NFLwouldn't that make him a bust. Sure he may have cemented his place in the college ranks, but IMO he has to have some sort of success at the next level. If not, in essence he would leave folks to believe that he was just a product of the system, or product of the talent that surrounded him in college, see Dukebasketall players for example.

^ No you don't have to have success in the pros to be considered great in college.

Are going to say Tommie Frazier wasn't one of the greatest CFB players just cause he didn't play in the NFL. If someone doesn't do anything in thepros that does not take anything away from them being great at the college level

Back
Top Bottom