Tim Tebow in the NFL....QB or no QB...that is the question

Probably not going to be a QB in the NFL, ok maybe a backup, but what position would he play?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Some of Yall honestly believe he could play fullback?
Michael Robinson, former QB at Penn State, has played some short yardage back for the 9ers so I think it could be possible. May be not a"true" fullback but I could see him being in the backfield somewhere. Tebow definitely won't be a NFL QB, at least I don't think so. Ithink his ability to hurt people with the run is what makes him such a dangerous passer at the college level, you could see in the National Championship gamehis two INTs came off of "NFL style" plays (a DT dropping back into coverage off a zone blitz and losing track of the roaming safety on a busted playdownfield that was originally suppose to be a swingpass)

Tight End...
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Durden7 wrote:
Originally Posted by Deuce King

I see what you are saying and I agree with you in theory, but I wouldn't dare label him as one of if not the greatest CFB player. Nevermind if he makes it in the pro or not, just strictly off of college alone, I can't say i'm impressed by the guy
grin.gif
, he aint garbage but he aint great either. Also, as far as his transition to the NFL, he better start learning his new role as a Fullback or TE now if he wants to have any success in the NFL cause he can forget about lining up under center.

Moronic.

Deuce King is right....even though he's getting hyepd up as the greatest college player of all time. I just dont really believe it. He may have a Heisman and 2 national champiosnhips(btw he wasnt even the full starter on the 1st one...do we forget that?). Even though they dont get the awards I can name like 10 guys I've seen and think were better than him...Barry Sanders,Rocket Ismail,Ty Detmer,Marshall Faulk,Tommie Frazier,Ricky Williams,Michael Vick,Matt Leinart,Reggie Bush,Vince Young....not including guys that I didnt see play but you know they were awesome like Herschel Walker,Earl Campbell,Doug Flutie,Bo Jackson,Marcus Allen,Archie Griffin and Roger Staubach.

I think people inflate his on field performance so much because he's a great kid. Tim Tebow is great but he's also playing for the best and most consistent program for the past 15 yrs. I want to see him go to South Carolina and do that.

It doesnt matter that he wasnt the full starter on the first NC team. Its not like he was redshirted or riding the bench the entire year. He was a vital partof the team, played very significant minutes and without him they do not win the NC.

The only problem I have with that list is mainly the last 3 guys mentioned. Tebow is better than Leinart was is in college, better than Bush and INCREDIBLYbetter than Vince Young. Leinart is arguable, Bush isn't and Vince Young is not even remotely close to the player Tebow is in college. That one isn'teven a discussion.

The last argument you make discredits atleast half of the previous names you mentioned. That's not a good point to argue for you.

His place in CFB all time ranks is still to be determined and will be argued for many years, but to say that he isn't impressive in college IS moronic.

I think people inflate his on field performance so much because he's a great kid. Tim Tebow is great but he's also playing for the best and most consistent program for the past 15 yrs. I want to see him go to South Carolina and d
It doesnt matter that he wasnt the full starter on the first NC team. Its not like he was redshirted or riding the bench the entire year. He was a vital part of the team, played very significant minutes and without him they do not win the NC.

The only problem I have with that list is mainly the last 3 guys mentioned. Tebow is better than Leinart was is in college, better than Bush and INCREDIBLY better than Vince Young. Leinart is arguable, Bush isn't and Vince Young is not even remotely close to the player Tebow is in college. That one isn't even a discussion.

The last argument you make discredits atleast half of the previous names you mentioned. That's not a good point to argue for you.

His place in CFB all time ranks is still to be determined and will be argued for many years, but to say that he isn't impressive in college IS moronic.

roll.gif
....You're crazy...Vince Young led a team that while they were goodthey hadnt even won a conference championship in 9 yrs before him to a National Championship. Tim Tebow plays for the best college program in the past 15 yrs(Ithink least amount of games they won over 15 yrs is 8 games I cant even think of another program that has done that.

Tim Tebow is great but the more I think about it the more I'm not conviced of his " all time greatness" He's basically a fullback(4.0 yds percarry) with a ton of weapons around him in the most innovative offense system in the game right now.

Vince Young was way more explosive...6.6 yds per carry

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

Originally Posted by CarlMonday

he's going to be the president of this country one day

He can't. He isn't US born.

he was a US born citizen, he can run for president

Edit**
they must have known he was going to be Jesus...
Tebow was born on August 14, 1987 in the Philippines to Bob and Pam Tebow, who were serving as Christian missionaries at the time. While pregnant Pam suffered a life-threatening infection with a pathogenic amoeba. Because of extremely strong drugs used to bring her out of a coma and to relieve her dysentery, the fetus had experienced a severe placental abruption. Expecting a stillbirth, doctors recommended an abortion to protect her own life. She carried the baby to term, and both mother and child survived.

qb over time im sure he could manage playing qb when put in the right system
i say miami pick em up hell they're already running the wildcat offense
nerd.gif

There's no way Tim doesn't play QB in the NFL. He's got another year to polish the areas he needs work. A guy like Tebow won't have it anyother way. Besides, special things happen when he has the ball and he is a winner. Some teams will be skeptic, but he definitely has that "it"factor. He might play other positions in a certain package or what not, but he will for sure be a full-time Q.

Back
Top Bottom