Timbaland Vs. Mike WiLL MaDe It??? Music production wise....

Though I agree with this, it's also funny noticing that this is only a recent trend. For a long time you knew who produced what beat solely based on the beat having a distinctive/unique sound. I think Mike Will has a distinctive without having to use a watermark, but with the rise of so many "trap producers", watermarks are very necessary now. I know exactly what a Lex Luger or Southside beat sounds like, but there are a bunch of up and coming producers who make carbon copies of their beats as well.
That's my whole point really, good way to sum it up. 

And I completely ignored the fact that you have carbon copies out here trying to sound the same, so I can see the need for it in today's market, but it wasn't always like that. 

But if I was a producer, I would try to separate myself from the pack, but don't go crazy with it like Kanye did. 

Last edited:
OP, please don't be a prisoner of the moment. We don't even know if Mike Will, will be around in 2014. Might fizzle out like Lex and these other southern producers...

OP, please don't be a prisoner of the moment. We don't even know if Mike Will, will be around in 2014. Might fizzle out like Lex and these other southern producers...

Welp, Dipset confirms that Mike Will is gonna become a legendary producer, the likes of Dr. Dre and Timbaland. Dipset with the forecasting once again :pimp: :pimp:

Lex left by choice

His sound got copied and is still being copied today

He is coming back strong in the '14, quote me.

Lex had a better run than Mike but Mike has longevity in the game
Two years is longevity?
He just extended his run by hopping into the pop lane by speeding up his old throwaway beats and giving them to white artists like Miley 
laugh.gif

Bet he's on Beiber's next album

​
 ​
He just extended his run by hopping into the pop lane by speeding up his old throwaway beats and giving them to white artists like Miley 
laugh.gif
 ​
Bet he's on Beiber's next album​
Thing about Lux was he had the same beat riddim it only could last a year the most after that it gets old

Mike could switch it up thats why hes gonna have longevity in the game

to build your brand . i think its smart for producers to have a "watermark" on their tracks , doesnt necessarily need to be their name though

Its actually dumb to do this for a number of reasons. Legally, professionally and psychologically

But this thread is also dumb

aaliyah, missy, jay, JT, etc... too many classics. timbo is a legend in the game, there really isn't a comparison, imo.

Last edited:
wow. the audacity to compare these two. mike will isnt even responsible for most of his own hits smfh. i know yall are the listeners so its not ur jobs to know, but allow me to aware you.

mike will has a production team under him. calls em the eardrummers. its the f***ed up sound u hear after mike will made it on the tracks. theyre the ones responsible. there are some NASTY producers in the eardrummers who make all his biggest hits. 3 dudes specifically. 1 named A-Pluss, 1 named P-Nasty, 1 named Marz. Them 3 dudes are behind his biggest bangers and the sound hes known for,. He himself, is actually pretty average to wack at making beats. HOWEVER hes a great businessman to assemble this crew and cut the deal he did. He breaks them off a percentage of the royalties and up front money, while selling THEIR beats...and he gets all the credit except in the actual album credits. Its messed up, but smart.

So please, dont compare timbo and mike will managed/faked/brokered it   (<- justice league called him that lol) at least timbo was behind his own hits.

wow. the audacity to compare these two. mike will isnt even responsible for most of his own hits smfh. i know yall are the listeners so its not ur jobs to know, but allow me to aware you.

mike will has a production team under him. calls em the eardrummers. its the f***ed up sound u hear after mike will made it on the tracks. theyre the ones responsible. there are some NASTY producers in the eardrummers who make all his biggest hits. 3 dudes specifically. 1 named A-Pluss, 1 named P-Nasty, 1 named Marz. Them 3 dudes are behind his biggest bangers and the sound hes known for,. He himself, is actually pretty average to wack at making beats. HOWEVER hes a great businessman to assemble this crew and cut the deal he did. He breaks them off a percentage of the royalties and up front money, while selling THEIR beats...and he gets all the credit except in the actual album credits. Its messed up, but smart.

So please, dont compare timbo and mike will managed/faked/brokered it   (

​
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​
Bet he's on Beiber's next album​
Thing about Lux was he had the same beat riddim it only could last a year the most after that it gets old

Mike could switch it up thats why hes gonna have longevity in the game
Lex seemed like he could only make one beat because everyone was asking for the same beat sort of like how Mike almost ended with Bandz A Make Her Dance

Lex got diversity

This thread question cant be serious.. 

I mean Mike Will's beats are nice but nothing on Timbaland's. Just look at Timbs older work and how DOPE they were for their times. I cant say any beat for Mike Will is going to make me remember the song because he made it "That Song". 

Back
Top Bottom