TMZ is reporting Lil Wayne is in critical condition after seizures and "it doesn't look good"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lil Wayne is still in rough shape ... and remains in the intensive care unit at an L.A. hospital 6 days after being admitted for seizures stemming from a suspected drug overdose ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us ... Wayne's condition has not improved enough to be moved out of the ICU ... and he continues to be monitored very closely by staff at L.A..'s Cedars-Sinai hospital.

We know Wayne has been surrounded by friends and family since he was admitted to the ICU this past Wednesday ... and we're told the mood around Wayne's bedside has been very serious.

Among Wayne's visitors -- Drake, Chris Paul, Nicki Minaj, Birdman and others.

TMZ broke the story ... Wayne's stomach was pumped at least 3 times after doctors suspected he had overdosed on the prescription drug codeine ... the main ingredient in "sizzurp."

Last edited:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/17/showbiz/lil-wayne-hospital/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Rapper Lil Wayne's "just resting" two days after suffering a seizure that sent him to a Los Angeles hospital and triggered media reports that he was near death.

Details about the Grammy-winning and multiplatinum-selling hip hop artist's medical problem have been few, but it appears the reports of his demise were exaggerated.

"He's good, just resting," said a close friend who visited the rapper at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Saturday night.

Lil Wayne fans around the world were stunned by the reports. Twitter lit up with rumors, spreading fears of the worst for Wayne's outcome, but a Tweet in his name attempted to calm the tempest. "I'm good everybody," read a message from Lil Wayne's Twitter account Friday evening. "Thnx for the prayers and love."

There was no weeping for "Weezy," as he's known among his friends, in the hallway near his hospital room Friday night. They talked more about a Twitter feud that erupted Friday between rappers Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka than about Lil Wayne's condition.

Fellow rapper Drake was one of several of Lil Wayne's Young Money record label mates who have visited him since Friday night.

Young Money publicist Sarah Cunningham acknowledged Friday that Lil Wayne had had a seizure, but members of the New Orleans artist's camp have shot down reports that he was near death.

"Dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe ... that's false!!" tweeted Mack Maine, the president of Lil Wayne's Young Money label, around 5:20 p.m. (8:20 p.m. ET) Friday.

Maine didn't offer much detail, though he did say that he and Lil Wayne had been watching the Syracuse University Orange play the Georgetown Hoyas in the Big East men's basketball tournament.

"Wayne is alive and well!" the record label president wrote on Twitter.

The rapper's independent publicist, Kia Selby, said only, "Lil Wayne is doing well." She strongly denied reports he was in a medically induced coma, as reported by TMZ.

Born Dwayne Carter, Lil Wayne is one of the rap world's most successful artists. He won best rap album for "Tha Carter III" at the 2008 Grammy awards and took home three more Grammys the next year.

Beyond winning over critics, he's also been a commercial success. Last September, Billboard reported the rapper had tallied 109 hits on its Hot 100, surpassing the record previously held by Elvis Presley.

But he's also run into trouble outside the studio and off stage.

Lil Wayne was arrested in 2007 outside New York City's Beacon Theater after police said they found a .40-caliber pistol on his tour bus. He pleaded guilty to felony gun charges and spending eight months at New York's Rikers Island jail.

I don't want to start anything but one of the main arguments for him being in serious condition is the amount of visitors he's getting...

If you had a close friend in the hospital, and had the money to fly out to see them (In LA too) wouldn't you too no matter how serious it was?

It's 2013 if he's fine and dandy after all this hoopla anyone else would have snapped a pic throwing up the dueces in a hospital bed.

publicity stunt??? for album sales ??? .... sounds about right .... but yeah I didn't want to hear the biggie and 2pac comparisons either so we definitely dogged an AK47 bullet :lol:

Let's say Wayne makes it through 100% and comes out in relatively the same shape as before....would this be a violation of his probation if he's still on? Maybe that's where all the delay of his condition is coming from because if it's confirmed that it was due to drug use legal ramifications could follow. I have absolutely no idea on the situation, and almost couldn't care less but just my speculation.

Let's say Wayne makes it through 100% and comes out in relatively the same shape as before....would this be a violation of his probation if he's still on? Maybe that's where all the delay of his condition is coming from because if it's confirmed that it was due to drug use legal ramifications could follow. I have absolutely no idea on the situation, and almost couldn't care less but just my speculation.

Sound reasoning...

They have to stall the decision to pull the plug so that they can clean up all of the mess that will surround him

crooked doctors

dealer connects

drugs/lean prescriptions/gun in their own homes and so on

paperwork linking them to doctors

any evidence that can tie any of them to Wayne's death somehow has to be destroyed 

Seriously, this was my first thought when Wayne's people were downplaying everything. If I was a drug addict, I would be dumpster diving around their houses.

Truth

publicity stunt??? for album sales ??? .... sounds about right .... but yeah I didn't want to hear the biggie and 2pac comparisons either so we definitely dogged an AK47 bullet :lol:
Being a drug addict isn't a great publicity stunt IMO lol he shoulda just made a sex tape like everyone else. Ha!!

Last edited:
Being a drug addict isn't a great publicity stunt IMO lol he shoulda just made a sex tape like everyone else. Ha!!

Im not sure if you are aware of this but when you type "Ha!! " after your own joke it really makes it really corny and im sure you are the only one laughing

Im not sure if you are aware of this but when you type "Ha!! " after your own joke it really makes it really corny and im sure you are the only one laughing
I don't wanna be mean so I edited my post. The "ha" means I'm kidding. I'm surprised with someone as "in the know" as you are that you didn't pick up on that. Some people would think I was serious about that.

Last edited:
a friend of mine made a fb status saying "R.I.P. Lil Wayne"

Im not sure where he got this info from

i thought wayne was off syrup though. he was boasting in his like 20 min PSA how he only drinks coffee and stuff now.:smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom