TMZ is reporting Lil Wayne is in critical condition after seizures and "it doesn't look good"

Status
Not open for further replies.
[COLOR=#red]Exactly!!! Makes me wonder who actually took the HIPAA training, besides how would it even be enforced in this case, when it's baseless info? [/COLOR]
Depends on the institution on how stricty the policies are followed. The point is that protected health information was shared outside of the hospital with is grounds for a violation.

Exactly!!! Makes me wonder who actually took the HIPAA training, besides how would it even be enforced in this case, when it's baseless info?
brah its against HIPAA laws to release the conditions of patients period

even if the family calls in **** you cant even as what your own childs blood type is over the phone 

I wonder what the Illuminati explanation for all this is.

Son could be like Kenny in that one episode of Southpark.

Last edited:
Baby did sound shaken on the phone. Non of his usual cockiness. I still believe wayne will recover. Chill for a min. Put out a soff bs single and then go back to whatever caused the seizures in the first place. Non the less. Hope dude gets better

[COLOR=#red]Exactly!!! Makes me wonder who actually took the HIPAA training, besides how would it even be enforced in this case, when it's baseless info? [/COLOR]

What is it you guys do again? Supremewellbeing? It didnt post your mindless comment you made either

I think I am very well versed on HIPAA

The nurse is committing a HIPAA violation by telling the person who posted that comment about anything that has to do with his health information that she has access too because he is a patient of hers.

So maybe you should think before you type your uninformed comments.

Last edited:
Let that be a lesson to ya'll straight from Birdman's mouth; Drugs don't cause seizures, hard work causes 'em.

brah its against HIPAA laws to release the conditions of patients period
even if the family calls in **** you cant even as what your own childs blood type is over the phone 

No its not against the lat to release the conditions of a patient at all. show me proof? You would think with GOOGLE you would think twice before posting this nonsense and talking out the side of your butt. Now go to your corner and be quiet

No its not against the lat to release the conditions of a patient at all. show me proof? You would think with GOOGLE you would think twice before posting this nonsense and talking out the side of your butt. Now go to your corner and be quiet

Protected Health information includes:

The removal of 18 specific identifiers (Safe Harbor Method):

Names
Geographic data
All elements of dates
Telephone numbers
FAX numbers
Email addresses
Social Security numbers
Medical record numbers
Health plan beneficiary numbers
Account numbers
Certificate/license numbers
Vehicle identifiers and serial numbers including license plates
Device identifiers and serial numbers
Web URLs
Internet protocol addresses
Biometric identifiers (i.e. retinal scan, fingerprints)
Full face photos and comparable images
Any unique identifying number, characteristic or code

The nurse is providing information about a patient for whom she is caring by giving out his name and status without him giving her permission to distribute that information that is a clear cut HIPAA violation

What is it you guys do again? Supremewellbeing? It didnt post your mindless comment you made either

I think I am very well versed on HIPAA

The nurse is committing a HIPAA violation by telling the person who posted that comment about anything that has to do with his health information that she has access too because he is a patient of hers.

So maybe you should think before you type your uninformed comments.

Your not smart at all

I just looked up HIPAA laws http://www.aha.org/advocacy-issues/tools-resources/advisory/96-06/030201-media-adv.shtml

Release of patient’s general condition and location

As long as the patient has not requested that information be withheld, you may release the patient's one-word condition and location to individuals who inquire about the patient by name or to clergy, without obtaining prior patient authorization

AND

Condition and Location of Patients: What You May Release and to Whom

Inquiries that identify the patient by name

Information about the patient’s general condition and location of an inpatient, outpatient or emergency department patient may be released only if the inquiry specifically identifies the patient by name. No information may be given if a request does not include a specific patient's name or if the patient requests that the information not be released. This includes inquiries from the press.

Now go to your corner and be quiet and get some knowledge. Shame on you

Last edited:
Some people are so dense. Even just saying he is a patient in your hospital is a hipaa violation. Doesn't matter of its on the front page of the new York times. You can't disclose any health information.

Under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, protected health information (PHI) refers to individually identifiable health information. Individually identifiable health information is that which can be linked to a particular person. Specifically, this information can relate to:

The individual's past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,
The provision of health care to the individual, or,
The past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual.

Common identifiers of health information include names, social security numbers, addresses, and birth dates.

The HIPAA Security Rule applies to individual identifiable health information in electronic form or electronic protected health information (ePHI). It is intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of ePHI when it is stored, maintained, or transmitted.

I am interested in your response

Protected Health information includes:

The removal of 18 specific identifiers (Safe Harbor Method):

Names
Geographic data
All elements of dates
Telephone numbers
FAX numbers
Email addresses
Social Security numbers
Medical record numbers
Health plan beneficiary numbers
Account numbers
Certificate/license numbers
Vehicle identifiers and serial numbers including license plates
Device identifiers and serial numbers
Web URLs
Internet protocol addresses
Biometric identifiers (i.e. retinal scan, fingerprints)
Full face photos and comparable images
Any unique identifying number, characteristic or code

The nurse is providing information about a patient for whom she is caring by giving out his name and status without him giving her permission to distribute that information that is a clear cut HIPAA violation

ANYWAYS I already provided proof. and none of that you posted says anything about patient condition status.. Anyways go away!

It IS a HIPAA violation but somebody would have to make a formal complaint for the govt to look into it. There is no FCC like body monitoring releases of PHI (protected health Information) that could independently look into the claims. That's one of the main failings of HIPAA; there is no HIPAA police, so to speak, to independently monitor and punish people for breaking the law.

It is only a matter of time though; it will only take one high profile person making a complaint and the Feds fining a hospital and locking folks up to cut off sites like TMZ's access to this info. It prob won't be Wayne though. I bet the entire YMCMB camp has never even heard of HIPAA

Last edited:
Look if I am riding in the elevator and I say to my fellow physician. John Doe in room 29 is still having seizures" I just committed a HIPPA violation.

I ask again what is it you do that you are so well versed on HIPAA?

ANYWAYS I already provided proof. and none of that you posted says anything about patient condition status.. Anyways go away!

Under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, protected health information (PHI) refers to individually identifiable health information. Individually identifiable health information is that which can be linked to a particular person. Specifically, this information can relate to:

The individual's past, present or future physical or mental health or condition,

The past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to the individual.

Common identifiers of health information include names, social security numbers, addresses, and birth dates.

The HIPAA Security Rule applies to individual identifiable health information in electronic form or electronic protected health information (ePHI). It is intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of ePHI when it is stored, maintained, or transmitted.

YOU HAVE TO BE TROLLING

Last edited:
It IS a HIPAA violation but somebody would have to make a formal complaint for the govt to look into it. There is no FCC like body monitoring releases of PHI (protected health Information) that could independently look into the claims. That's one of the main failings of HIPAA; there is no HIPAA police, so to speak, to independently monitor and punish people for breaking the law.

It is only a matter of time though; it will only take one high profile person making a complaint and the Feds fining a hospital and locking folks up to cut off sites like TMZ's access to this info. It prob won't be Wayne though. I bet the entire YMCMB camp has never even heard of HIPAA

A complaint can be filed here:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/index.html

All the arguing is pointless, let them believe what they want to believe and keep it moving

YOU HAVE TO BE TROLLING

Your still wrong. This says nothing at all in regards to this and I already posted specific detailed proof and its for identifiable health information. Saying a person is in STABLE condition and moved out of ICU is not identifiable and not a HIPAA violation

And let me ask you all. Do you know HIPAA is for sending electronic information only? LMAO clowns HIPAA

Who is Covered by the Privacy Rule

The Privacy Rule, as well as all the Administrative Simplification rules, apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”). For help in determining whether you are covered, use CMS's decision tool.

Here is more for you

The HIPAA Security Rule applies to individual identifiable health information in electronic form or electronic protected health information (ePHI). HIPAA is intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of ePHI when it is stored, maintained, or transmitted.

Give up.

Last edited:
Personally I believe tht TMZ falsified the status of Lil Wayne so their website could receive more hits . Tabloids do it all the time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom