Toe box creasing hurts feet: retros less comfortable nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laced up my Grape Vs the other day and noticed the toe box started creasing in a way that pushes down on my feet. It's something that will probably go away later as I beat the shoes, as the same thing happened with my Bulls 1s. However I was lucky enough to find an '06 DS pair of the Vs and they're comfortable out of the box. I think it's the softer leather on the toe box and the mesh on the bottom of the tongue (vs. leather) on the '06 pair. Both pairs are a size 10.5, however the '06 pair definitely seems a bit bigger to me, so I've been thinking if sizing up on the newer pair would alleviate the problem. Does anyone know the answer? Did I buy the wrong shoe size or have the materials in newer retros impacted the comfort of the shoe?

Thanks for any help

Laced up my Grape Vs the other day and noticed the toe box started creasing in a way that pushes down on my feet. It's something that will probably go away later as I beat the shoes, as the same thing happened with my Bulls 1s. However I was lucky enough to find an '06 DS pair of the Vs and they're comfortable out of the box. I think it's the softer leather on the toe box and the mesh on the bottom of the tongue (vs. leather) on the '06 pair. Both pairs are a size 10.5, however the '06 pair definitely seems a bit bigger to me, so I've been thinking if sizing up on the newer pair would alleviate the problem. Does anyone know the answer? Did I buy the wrong shoe size or have the materials in newer retros impacted the comfort of the shoe?

Thanks for any help

The '06 Fire Reds and Grapes both had pleather but from what you're saying that older material was actually better than the new stuff. Just shameful that JB aren't even wear testing the junk that they put out anymore.

It all boils down to quality, like the 06 had the cushion right before the toebox, now it's a hard leather. The toe box is really huge and stiff, it makes it feel kinda awkward on feet because its not natural.

Jordan Brand no longer makes shoes to be worn, but rather make shoes to look good on instagram/twitter.

Sneakers have become like Pokemon.  Gotta catch em all, show them off on the interwebs for e-props/fame, and then put them back in the closet.

Jordan Brand no longer makes shoes to be worn, but rather make shoes to look good on instagram/twitter.

Sneakers have become like Pokemon.  Gotta catch em all, show them off on the interwebs for e-props/fame, and then put them back in the closet.

That's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom