| *** Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien *** | COMING IN JUNE... with Andy Richter

I realize there was a thread for Late Night, but this is a completely new show.

And here's the best news:
It would have been impossible to predict back in the year 2000, but Andy Richter and Conan O'Brien are reuniting for good.

Richter, O'Brien's Late Night sidekick from the show's 1993 premiere until 2000, will become the announcer of The Tonight Show when O'Brien takes over for Jay Leno on June 1. Although Richter won't sit beside O'Brien, Ed McMahon-style, he will take part in sketches and other bits with the host.
Source

eek.gif

Unfortunately Andy's solo career didn't work out that well. But his chemistry with Conan was impeccable. Any fear about Conan's new gig being toodifferent, I think they went out the window...

yesss!!!!

dont get me wrong
i liked joel goddard
but richter was hilarious 1st couple years.....

I'm sure he'll have guests, at least in my opinion... His sketches and skits are his weaknesses and it would just look like a generic variety show

laugh.gif
@ even putting carson in the list. dude shows isn't even a full 30 mins. ultra fail.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif
@ even putting carson in the list. dude shows isn't even a full 30 mins. ultra fail.
Dude knew his show was a failure when they moved Jay up an hour, Conan up an hour, inserted Jimmy Fallon in Conan's old hour, and kept him inthe same time slot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif
Dude knew his show was a failure when they moved Jay up an hour, Conan up an hour, inserted Jimmy Fallon in Conan's old hour, and kept him in the same time slot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i've seen his show a couple of times. NOBODY looks like they want to be there.

Originally Posted by yancancook90

eff jay leno, get his chin outta NBC, i hope he gets whack guests
and im glad andy's back

http://www.oddpic.com/data/508/*****slap.gif

Andy and Conan together is priceless. The dynamics between them slay me, so I'm glad he's back.

They left Joel behind? I guess he's too crazy for the Tonight Show.
Good to hear Andy is coming back!

I'm not sure about Andy doing announcing although I love him as part of the show.

Leno is a classic, young cats might not go for it but he is the quintessential funny man.

And DAMN I thought you guys were hating on Johnny Carson for a minute. Please specify in the future that you're referring to Carson Daly.

Originally Posted by infamousod

I'm not sure about Andy doing announcing although I love him as part of the show.

Letterman is a classic, young cats might not go for it but he is the quintessential funny man.

And DAMN I thought you guys were hating on Johnny Carson for a minute. Please specify in the future that you're referring to Carson Daly.
Fixed.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

conan> leno, kimmel, craig,carson

now letterman, I enjoy conan more .......but I dont know

Agreed. A lot of the influence that Conan got was from Letterman. So it's easy to like them both and find similarities. And I'm going to miss Joel andthe Max Weinberg 7.

Back
Top Bottom