top 10 most racist cartoon moments

Originally Posted by Punchline Rapper

There are worst. There's a Mickey Mouse book where he orders bananas from Africa and insteads get an African! The jungle book thing is explained here. All of the other animals speak in proper, British accents and the monkeys speak horrible, broken English and want to be real people like everyone else. The crows, named Jim Crow, and literally created by hiring some white guys and telling them do your best impression of a black guy. Sebastian Crab from the Little Mermaid talking about how the best thing about the sea is you don't have to have a job. Found it, Mickey Mouse and the Boy Thursday
You got that right
eee26a1162d351b60c6076e3621b5a64b7025573.jpg

Originally Posted by Punchline Rapper

There are worst. There's a Mickey Mouse book where he orders bananas from Africa and insteads get an African! The jungle book thing is explained here. All of the other animals speak in proper, British accents and the monkeys speak horrible, broken English and want to be real people like everyone else. The crows, named Jim Crow, and literally created by hiring some white guys and telling them do your best impression of a black guy. Sebastian Crab from the Little Mermaid talking about how the best thing about the sea is you don't have to have a job. Found it, Mickey Mouse and the Boy Thursday
You got that right
eee26a1162d351b60c6076e3621b5a64b7025573.jpg

i laughed the whole time and im not ashamed at all.

slowpoke rodriguez has too much swag
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

pimp.gif

I was just thinking that. Dude is calm as a meditator.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

pimp.gif

I was just thinking that. Dude is calm as a meditator.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

ol' sensitive %%* generation we're in.... 
grin.gif

had david chappelle done any of those live it would've been fine.

i seen every single one of those episodes when i was a kid too.
Cartoons=/= Comedy Central
yet south park is a cartoon doing da same thing, on guess what....wait for.........comedy central
grin.gif
laugh.gif
COMEDY CENTRAL. Exactly, people tune into the channel knowing what they are getting - satire. 
Growing up with half of these cartoons, I have ALREADY seen, I didn't even notice the apparent racism first time around, is it because it wasn't that serious? could be. I think the more logical reason is that I was a kid, and didn't realize the subtle inferences I was being suggested. The fact that they are targeted towards young folks makes it all the more worse.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

ol' sensitive %%* generation we're in.... 
grin.gif

had david chappelle done any of those live it would've been fine.

i seen every single one of those episodes when i was a kid too.
Cartoons=/= Comedy Central
yet south park is a cartoon doing da same thing, on guess what....wait for.........comedy central
grin.gif
laugh.gif
COMEDY CENTRAL. Exactly, people tune into the channel knowing what they are getting - satire. 
Growing up with half of these cartoons, I have ALREADY seen, I didn't even notice the apparent racism first time around, is it because it wasn't that serious? could be. I think the more logical reason is that I was a kid, and didn't realize the subtle inferences I was being suggested. The fact that they are targeted towards young folks makes it all the more worse.

When I was a kid, I had a tape called "The 50 Greatest Cartoons."  One up there was Bugs Bunny outwitting a black Elmer Fudd who had the stereotypical big lips, big feet, dark skin, broken english etc. He talked really slow and dragged his gun on the ground. Bugs ended up challenging him to a game of dice and taking all of his clothes. Even as a kid that cartoon had me like **$??

Spoiler [+]
Now it's so blatantly racist it's
laugh.gif

**Edit** found it.

When I was a kid, I had a tape called "The 50 Greatest Cartoons."  One up there was Bugs Bunny outwitting a black Elmer Fudd who had the stereotypical big lips, big feet, dark skin, broken english etc. He talked really slow and dragged his gun on the ground. Bugs ended up challenging him to a game of dice and taking all of his clothes. Even as a kid that cartoon had me like **$??

Spoiler [+]
Now it's so blatantly racist it's
laugh.gif

**Edit** found it.

Originally Posted by debs 168

i'll explain for those that are ignorant:

10. siamese cats with exaggerated asian features and buck teeth (asian stereotype) speaking in a stereotypical "asian accent." singing over stereotypical asian music.
9. jim crow and all the crows are supposed to be black. they speak in terrible english and the song they sing is full of it. i be done seen. please.
8. the betty boop one should be obvious. its bigger than feeding the baby watermelon and him/her crying hi-de-ho. stereotypical exaggerated big lips, wide eyes, monkey like features, black skin.
7. the monkey is black (sorta reaching but sorta not)
6. the asian person has extra exaggerated features, talks in a stupid stereotypical "asian accent" and the title has "*** (which is derogatory)" in it. it should be obvious. oh and that typical asian music.
5. typical broken english mexican accent thing, typical sombreros on typical mexican stereotype characters. also slowpoke was a stereotypical lazy mexican, if you remember the cartoons he was in.
4. see numbers 10 and 6 except add martial arts and bowing stereotypes.
3. "how" and the hand over the mouth thing should be obvious to ppl that saw this movie.
2. the whole torn clothes and don't beat me massa coming from a brown bugs bunny thing should be obvious.
1. i say numba whoan should be plain obvious na. i said is you dat stupid that you cain't tell whoats bad bout numba whoan?

i'm surprised that ppl didn't "get" ALL of these. and yes i saw these as a kid and it was racist then and its racist now. just because you might not have gotten it doesn't mean that others didn't and it doesn't justify what went on in these cartoon shorts at all.
thanks fam.. i dont think ANYONE understood anything until you broke it down. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom