Top 5 NBA C's, SF's, SG's & PF's (Hoopsworld.com)

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so a player that has not played one NBA game is better then proably a top 5 player at his postion? LOL

Uh...

larrydavid.gif

...Yup!

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so a player that has not played one NBA game is better then proably a top 5 player at his postion? LOL

Yes.

I'm sorry Nowtiness, you're my boy, but dear God use your brain my dude.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Blake Griffin, EVENTUALLY will be a top five, but right now, if you put him in the place of any of these dudes on their respective teams, I don't think youcan tell me that they'll be better, AT THIS MOMENT.

Dirk, KG, Bosh, Gasol, or Amare. Take off whoever you want and throw TD on there if you don't like Amare.

artest over durant and granger
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

pg list should be - CP, DW, TP, Billups, Rose. Honorable mention to nash, harris, rondo

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

centers: Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Yao, Al Jefferson, Shaq

power forwards: Garnett, Nowitzki, Bosh, Gasol, Blake Griffin Amare

small forwards: The Lebrons, Melo, Pierce, Durant, Granger

shooting guards: Kobe, Wade, BRoy, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen

point guards: Paul, Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Nash, DRose

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by dland24

I love how on the first page Laker fans and others were so adamant about Bynum deserving the number 5 spot, and yet no one has given any valid reasonings when I asked for them.
laugh.gif
Uh simply put there aren't any good centers in the League. You have Yao, Shaq, DH12 and then who. There aren't 2 more CENTERS that are better than him. He has had consectutive seasons where he was a force(pre injury). As far as big men go this is a PF league. Unlike the 90's which was a C league. FTR the only people who have said Biedrins....happen to be warriors fans just like Laker fans with Bynum. Go figure.
Until he starts to produce on a consistent basis, there should not be any discussion of him as a top 10 center, let alone top 5 center.

Coming from a Laker fan.
I get what you're saying....but honestly the C position is so thin you don't have to do much to be top 10. When he's healthy heproduces no?
Well, you still havent really answered my question as to why you think Bynum deserves a top 5 ranking. Just because there arent a ton of good centers anymore doesnt mean that Bynum deserves to be in the top 5. Bynum has done nothing in his career that warrants him being top 5. Period. Is he getting better? Sure. Have his seasons been derailed by injury and stunted his growth? Ok, sure. That still doesnt mean he is a top 5 center in the league.
See above. When healthy what 5 centers are better than him? As I said in this post the C position is thin. Heck Z is a top 10 center right now.The only other two centers I can think of taking before him are Kaman, Z, and maybe Andris. Him being this high is more of a testament of how the league isstructured more than his talent.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At all the GSW fans that still think Baron Davis should have been in the ASG over Brandon Roy.

There is no doubt Baron should have been. The Warriors were a better team at the time and Baron had better stats. Its just that the Blazers were a feel good story at the time.

i stopped reading when i saw biendris on there
sick.gif

and bynums not even top 5 pffft...u guys are trippin' if u think he is

Ditto for Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden - if those two stay healthy they will definitely move on up the ladder.

Isn't that a clear explanation for not ranking Bynum in the top 5?

I'm not sure Biedrins or Okafor would average the same number of rebounds playing with Gasol and Odom on their team so I'm not going to rate themhigher than Bynum based on rebounding alone. Still, Bynum seems awkward on both sides of the ball and I don't believe we see that from either Biedrins orOkafor. Then again, Okafor is significantly older (4>Biedrins; 5>Bynum) and Biedrins has played 100 more games than Bynum.

I see no problem with those rankings.

It's not like we'll laugh at them if Bynum stays healthy and plays like a top 5 center because that's probably what everyone would rate him as ifthey knew he'd play 74+ games.

laugh.gif
I'd take Emeka Okafor's career averages. I'm interested to see how him and D. West will co-exist. If they get on the same page, I think theHornets will duplicate the success they had in 07-08.

Paul Is On Tilt wrote:

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At all the GSW fans that still think Baron Davis should have been in the ASG over Brandon Roy.

There is no doubt Baron should have been. The Warriors were a better team at the time and Baron had better stats. Its just that the Blazers were a feel good story at the time.
Don't forget about the gimmick iPods.

wi3sjk.jpg

smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Got to be the lamest, dumbest, sorriest franchise in all of sports. What a bunch of clowns.
laugh.gif

Good God.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by friscostylez

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Al Jefferson, Emeka Okafor, Mehmet Okur, and Al Horford are not centers.
If they play center for their respective teams, what are they?
Power forwards playing center.
Emeka Okafor and Al Jefferson are legit centers while you can argue about Okur and Hortford. Emeka and Jefferson has no business playing the 4other than being undersized for the 5.

Back
Top Bottom