Top Gear - Bugatti Veyron vs. McLaren F1

all red Bugatti is just
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I'll say right now, you guys have no idea what Ron Dennis has in mind for the next Mclaren car. Well actually, there are gonna be multiple models, bu thetop model is going to destroy absolutely everything. It's still mainly ideas being tossed around, bu some of their goals are just insane.

But I have a feeling, Curt, that you're not gonna gimme any more info...

But isn't he throwing his name in for the new prez of the FIA? I don't believe, for a minute, that it'll materilize though...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

But I have a feeling, Curt, that you're not gonna gimme any more info...

But isn't he throwing his name in for the new prez of the FIA? I don't believe, for a minute, that it'll materilize though...

Well with not much set in stone on it yet, I couldn't even if I wanted to. It won't be the first model out though, it's gonna be a couple years butthey're working intensely to grow a solid road car division.

As to the FIA issue, I don't see Ron or Jean getting the job. It's 10 times more likely Mad Max will stay than either of them get the job. But I thinkthe most likely scenario is someone else taking the post...hopefully anyway.

"Hey...can you scoop me on your way there?!?" "naw....im in my F1 fool!!!"...
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
car, but i rather have a modded Shelby / Cobra....im never gonna beable to use 1000HP everyday..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Originally Posted by THockey66

raffstyleXX wrote:

McClaren F1's benchmark was the Honda NSX ...thats a fact!
laugh.gif

Blasphemy
ie2w0l.jpg

wink.gif

This is true, but with a caveat. He didn't mean it in a strict sense of performance. His statement was based off of the fact that the NSX provided aremarkable comfort and practicality level to performance ratio. The NSX sought to deliver ferrari performance with honda reliability, lower cost, and morecomfort. Many of you most likely don't realize just how awful supercars of the past were in practical respects. Wanna drive your Countach around town? Goodluck. Gonna take your 328 our for a drive? It'll need a service almost instantly. Or my personal favorite, the Miura, generally requires keeping a fireextinguisher at all times. The NSX couldn't be more of a contrast to these cars in that you can actually drive it to the grocery store easily if you need afew things and it won't break down on you, spill oil everywhere, or catch fire. Its use of aluminum was nothing short of remarkable at the time and AyrtonSenna did an AMAZING job in helping to set up the car. This is what Gordon was after. True supercar performance (far surpassing the NSX as it wasn't thebest benchmark of that except in handling perhaps), incredible innovation (it's still the fastest N/A production car), and comfort. At an equivalent highspeed, an F1 is much more pleasurable/confidence inducing than say a Diablo which sounds like it's going to tear itself apart.

Back
Top Bottom