Top High School Football Recruit Dies in Possible Suicide

Billey Joe Johnson was considered one of the top high school football recruits in Mississippi, as well as the country, until his shocking death early Mondaymorning.

Johnson, hailing from Jackson, Miss., rushed for more than 1,500 yards his last season, totaling over 4,000 for his career, and received scholarship offersfrom a number of major schools including Alabama, LSU and Mississippi as a top-rated recruit by both Scout and Rivals.

Johnson died of a (possibly self-inflicted) gun wound early Monday after being pulled by a sheriff's deputy.

It's not clear why 17-year-old Billey Joe Johnson was stopped in Lucedale, but authorities say the junior tailback shot himself with a shotgun after thedeputy walked back to the patrol car to run a license check.

"The deputy was sitting in his patrol vehicle ... when he heard a gunshot and saw the victim laying on the ground by the driver's side door of thevehicle that Johnson was driving. A shotgun was lying on the victim," according to a statement from the George County Sheriff's Department.

Authorities would not immediately say whether they believed the shooting was a suicide or an accident.

The last portion of that quote is particularly perplexing, because it is hard to believe that Johnson would have attempted to pull a shotgun on police officers...although equally confounding is the notion that Johnson would kill himself at what, according to all current reports, appears to be a basic traffic stop.

Nothing is ever certain, but this story appears to be so odd, at least in the manner of death, that it would be even more shocking if further detailsdidn't at least emerge as to why the young man apparently panicked and pulled a gun that resulted in the tragic and early end to his life.

Got this from another board, this story is crazy. Kid ready to blow up offs himself at a routine traffic stop. If its been posted lock.

I barely saw this so I apologize but its insane how fishy this is. I mean this isnt some run of the mill kid, its a kid who had so much ahead of him.

He was obviously gonna get arrested for havin the shotgun in his car if the sheriff seen it , so he got shook and committed suicide ..
Im not sayin that's what happened , but its a possibility

I don't feel sorry, dude was going to do something suspect either way, I don't show much symphony for people who commit suicide, and although it was"possible" suicide only other reason would be he was going to gun down the cop.

Why else would he pull out a shotty when the cop is walking to his car?

hmmmm

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

I don't feel sorry, dude was going to do something suspect either way, I don't show much symphony for people who commit suicide, and although it was "possible" suicide only other reason would be he was going to gun down the cop.

hmmmm

You dont think its possible the cop shot him, called in a suicide???

for one if he shot himself in the car with the shotgun in upwards position, he would be laying backwards not in the ground sideways.

also, were is the video from the police dash board? why was he pulled over? how was his reaction when interacting to the officer? how come the officerdidn't see the gun?

unless he was on manic depression, their is no possible way a person of such stature would off himself randomly.

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

I don't feel sorry, dude was going to do something suspect either way, I don't show much symphony for people who commit suicide, and although it was "possible" suicide only other reason would be he was going to gun down the cop.

hmmmm

You dont think its possible the cop shot him, called in a suicide???

Why did he have a shotgun? Maybe he was on the verge of committing a more serious crime, and assumed that the officer was onto him.

Originally Posted by atlballa15

Why did he have a shotgun? Maybe he was on the verge of committing a more serious crime, and assumed that the officer was onto him.

what the h would a guy with so much ahead of him do in terms of crimes?

Originally Posted by 2sappy

you bee surprised the stupidity of some athletes and the *!+% they do that ends their career

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by 2sappy

you bee surprised the stupidity of some athletes and the *!+% they do that ends their career
true...
word to vick and plaxaco
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom