Topps Project 2020 Feat. Ben Baller, Don C, Etc - The Real Stimules!

I got lucky as **** to find out about this really early on and loved the concept. My plan was to collect 6 artist and 6 player sets. Values got so high I had to cash out. Just bought a Rolex with some of the profits today. Feel like I hit the lotto again man. Crazy. :lol:

No lie I was just thinking about selling a couple of these and getting myself a Rolex also. I’m going to hold just a bit longer though.

No lie I was just thinking about selling a couple of these and getting myself a Rolex also. I’m going to hold just a bit longer though.
i was going to hold them longer but i got spooked with all the pumping. when i see everyone online saying "buy 10, buy 20, what do you have to lose!" it made me nervous. Whenever people think they're going to get rich and just throwing money at something, that to me is a sign of a bubble. Plus my friends, who arent into cards, told me to sell immediately when i gave them the rundown of the whole situation. "pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered", i didnt want to be too greedy. Eventually they convinced me taking the money now was the move. I was probably too early, but either way i made the **** out. Another applicable quote "a bird in hand is better than two in the bush" :lol:

Edit: i also have thought for a while that a correction will come once a lot of the more recent cards ~65+ get into peoples hands. Eventually each card will have thousands of listings on ebay, and prices wont stay up with that saturation. IMO

I definitely agree that at some point we will see a correction, but I do think that there are a few specific cards like the Ichiro card #1 that even though are selling for a lot now can still go higher.

someone break this down for me. I've been hip to these cards since ben b started posting about it thought it was a fluke. But if anyone can buy the cards how come the price so high on resale? do people not know they can buy them? like the don c one out now. I can buy on topps site now but how do we know theres resale. except for that 1 of 1 gold frame

Anyone can buy it now (the ones out during that time frame) hence the higher print runs now.

Previous ones supposedly won’t be released again so those print runs are lower and will supposedly always be that low.

Yo I am not really even a card collector like that. The past few years I been buying graded Griffey rookies (cards I loved as a kid) and other stupid **** like 90s Phil’s players and eagles rookies. But one day back in March I saw a targeted ad on ig for this and it was the saladeen Griffey. Read up on it and loved the concept and the card, so the collector in me thought it cool to build a set. Then the ****ing **** blew the **** up. I love these cards but there comes a point where I love the money.

pic of Rolex (coming from dealer on Friday)
46EC385E-D390-44D4-BD99-ACC26A077D2B.jpeg

my fav watch, are you saying cards got you this? :lol:

Wow another gravy train missed.

looks like the cat is out of the bag. Saturation setting in. Lot more out of this series to come but idk if it’s worthwhile to jump in now. Don C Cal Ripken looks dope but probably a bad buy.

congrats who hit big.

what's funny is, ive been following him on IG and when these dropped but didn't seem like they would turn into being valuable. No autograph, nothing.

smh

what's funny is, ive been following him on IG and when these dropped but didn't seem like they would turn into being valuable. No autograph, nothing.

smh

I picked up the Ichiro card week one just because I collect cards and it was so random that the same Ben Baller I remember from NT circa 2005 designed a card. I honestly never even thought it would be worth the $20 I spent on it.

cards got me this and over 10k cash in my pocket.
Congrats! Haha just noticed you’re the same dude from the watch thread.

I still don’t understand the hype but I’m not a baseball fan. But I guess the same can be said about art stuff I’ve flipped from someone outside

just this tops set? wtf
Yeah. All my friends and family think I’m fuxking nuts. It’s all I been talking about the past few weeks. No one listened to me. Heard a lot of “baseball cards are worthless” “everyone thought they were gonna get paid in the 90s too” etc.

If I already didn’t have money aside for my toddler sons college fund. This **** literally probably could have funded a good chunk of that if I put my profits into a college fund. It’s absurd. Never in a million years thought this would happen

Not even just this set but tons of comes up recently with sports cards during this COVID thing. Especially basketball cards but maybe the top has already been blown off.

Probably would be a bit hesitant to jump in on this now since you’d be buying at the highest of highs. Then again lots said this a month or two ago.

Rumors are that that Gary v guy is gonna pump this to his minions on Friday. Should be interesting if that happens.

Not even just this set but tons of comes up recently with sports cards during this COVID thing. Especially basketball cards but maybe the top has already been blown off.

Probably would be a bit hesitant to jump in on this now since you’d be buying at the highest of highs. Then again lots said this a month or two ago.
I think it’s too late for big gains in p2020. People buying 1-40 or so at retail are who really cleaned up.

I think it’s too late for big gains in p2020. People buying 1-40 or so at retail are who really cleaned up.
Agreed. Just strictly numbers and the recent population reports.

Unsustainable growth with no scarcity for things coming out now.

I have been collecting cards and sneakers since the 80’s and I can tell you that what’s going on right now in the trading card hobby absolutely blows out the sneaker explosion in the early 2000’s and I don’t think it will slow for a while. If you know what you are doing the opportunity to make some ridicules money is definitely out here to be had with cards.

Back
Top Bottom