Topps Project 2020 Feat. Ben Baller, Don C, Etc - The Real Stimules!

I threw most of my sports cards in the trash last year, non were professionally graded and most were from the 90s so they were worth $1 max. My son has zero interest in material things so off to the dumpster they went. Crazy what hype being stuck at home is bringing to the card market. The cards look good, especially Joshua Vides and Ben Ballers Dwight Gooden looks fantastic. I slept on this and did not expect it to blow up as much.

Crazy to see a print run of almost 100,000 now
Screenshot_20200528-065135.png

Last edited:
I have been collecting cards and sneakers since the 80’s and I can tell you that what’s going on right now in the trading card hobby absolutely blows out the sneaker explosion in the early 2000’s and I don’t think it will slow for a while. If you know what you are doing the opportunity to make some ridicules money is definitely out here to be had with cards.
man went to the local card shop and there was a freakin line. Unbelievable!!! I'm his loyal customer for years and get discounts. Home boy wanted $350 for a hobby Bowman. Last years Bowman was just over $110 i think but got a discount. Ask for the players discount on the 2020 bowman and he was like nope. Product is too hot right now. I walked out cuz I ain't playing no more than 2 hun for a Bowman box. Other products I probably would have.

But man if you know your cards, which players to get, and what cards are good for grading, $$$ can be made but I'm not saying nothing lol

Rumors are that that Gary v guy is gonna pump this to his minions on Friday. Should be interesting if that happens.

Gary V has been buying cards, at least on IG for over a month. True be told, I saw basketball cards on IG and thought they looked kinda nice, but I saw they were graded and I started seeing them popping up more on IG a few months ago, in addition to StockX lightly advertising. Put those things together, you know money was being made especially when people were flexing their basket, base, and football cards. Seeing that tool Gary V speaking about it only drove it home. For people that have no clue what they're doing, there's going money lost. Conversely, those that do ... they're gonna have some nice change in their pockets.

I'm just looking to have some fun and take a stroll down memory lane. I know I'm not gonna make stacks, but making a few bucks here and there is kinda fun. Like the good ole days when we were kids.

man went to the local card shop and there was a freakin line. Unbelievable!!! I'm his loyal customer for years and get discounts. Home boy wanted $350 for a hobby Bowman. Last years Bowman was just over $110 i think but got a discount. Ask for the players discount on the 2020 bowman and he was like nope. Product is too hot right now. I walked out cuz I ain't playing no more than 2 hun for a Bowman box. Other products I probably would have.

But man if you know your cards, which players to get, and what cards are good for grading, $$$ can be made but I'm not saying nothing lol

RIP to your inbox lol

^^^
Real ones know about the cardboard connection haha!

I started filling out an account earlier, but those f'er's wanted to know your address and stuff. Way too intrusive for my liking, especially since I'm not gonna be some big dawg selling high-dollar cards.

All the real ones know

hqdefault.jpg

Can someone school me on what to look for in todays trading cards? I've seen more and more vids on IG with sneaker store owners doing vids on opening basketball packs. Now I see trading cards are making a resurgence. TIA

How does this grading scale work? What are things they look for? What makes a card a 10?

How does this grading scale work? What are things they look for? What makes a card a 10?
depends on the grading company on what makes a card a 10 (e.g., BGS 10 <> PSA 10). Generally they look at corners (crisp & sharp), centering (i think psa is at least 60/40 and bgs 55/45), surface (no chips, scratches, etc.), edges (clean, crisp, straight).

s
pretty much what plansb said.....Also look for bubbles on the surface.

thumbnail949494.jpg

you see those 2 bubbles and a tiny dent in between the topps chrome logo and his helmet. There is also a dent to the left of the topps chrome logo and RC logo. PSA is picky about that. Examine the cards front and back.

Remember, just cause it's a psa 10, it doesn't mean it's a 10. It's your opinion vs the grader. There are hard grader and easy grader. I've gotten 9's, snapped it out ot the slab, resent it and I gotten a 10 back. 10s that should have been 9s. If you plan on buying PSA 10s or SGC 10s, examine the card carefully the best you can. Personally, I keep 9s and sell 10s cuz my 9s looks like 10s.

Gary V has been buying cards, at least on IG for over a month. True be told, I saw basketball cards on IG and thought they looked kinda nice, but I saw they were graded and I started seeing them popping up more on IG a few months ago, in addition to StockX lightly advertising. Put those things together, you know money was being made especially when people were flexing their basket, base, and football cards. Seeing that tool Gary V speaking about it only drove it home. For people that have no clue what they're doing, there's going money lost. Conversely, those that do ... they're gonna have some nice change in their pockets.

I'm just looking to have some fun and take a stroll down memory lane. I know I'm not gonna make stacks, but making a few bucks here and there is kinda fun. Like the good ole days when we were kids.

RIP to your inbox lol
I still won't say anything if they inbox me lol..I actually got a message few weeks ago to post my collection of cards but I ain't doing that. I learn my lesson from the car thread. Deleted all my cars and went back to my old SN

pretty much what plansb said.....Also look for bubbles on the surface.

thumbnail949494.jpg

you see those 2 bubbles and a tiny dent in between the topps chrome logo and his helmet. There is also a dent to the left of the topps chrome logo and RC logo. PSA is picky about that. Examine the cards front and back.

Remember, just cause it's a psa 10, it doesn't mean it's a 10. It's your opinion vs the grader. There are hard grader and easy grader. I've gotten 9's, snapped it out ot the slab, resent it and I gotten a 10 back. 10s that should have been 9s. If you plan on buying PSA 10s or SGC 10s, examine the card carefully the best you can. Personally, I keep 9s and sell 10s cuz my 9s looks like 10s.
I generally agree on the 9's. In my (somewhat limited) experience a 9 looks just as good as 10 most of the time, and they are much much cheaper. If its like a Rhys Hoskins base rookie or a cheaper parallel i will go 10 because its only like 20 bucks, but my griffey UD rookie is a 9 and looks perfect, but it was like 1/6 or so of the price of a 10.

He is, hes like a little troll/leprachaun. All those IG "motivators" or whatever the **** they call themselves are conmen/frauds.
Dude is clearly a grifter and I am shocked at how many people fall for it.

Not that people are not gullible, it is just that the scam is so obvious I would think people would have more sense.

Last edited:
In :pimp: thanks OP

feel like a kid again, got cards up in the closet from my youth

funny thing is i would see this advertised and scrolled past it from the start not paying attention, wish I would have jumped on it from the start, at the end a complete set would be beautiful

Last edited:
Dude is clearly a grifter and I am shocked at how many people fall for it.

Not that people are not gullible, it is just that the scam is so obvious I would think people would have more sense.
his voice drives me nuts

chalks on a nail board

Help me understand why these are worth anything if the print runs have no end in sight?

Back
Top Bottom