Totally new here

So sorry if this is in the wrong forum
I’m trying to navigate the site. I won’t go in detail here but was wondering where I should post my ‘new here, help’ story?

Welcome to NikeTalk, Z zomgcheryl . Forums here are divided by subject matter (Price/Fake Checks hosts inquiries about product value and authenticity, Jordan Brand contains discussion topics about Jordan Brand releases, etc.)

If you're not sure where to start, let us know what you need help with and we can show you the best place to post your question.

Welcome to NikeTalk, Z zomgcheryl . Forums here are divided by subject matter (Price/Fake Checks hosts inquiries about product value and authenticity, Jordan Brand contains discussion topics about Jordan Brand releases, etc.)

If you're not sure where to start, let us know what you need help with and we can show you the best place to post your question.
I’m totally new to this and needed somewhere to post that I’m completely new and not sure where to start, spotting fakes, the basics etc
I’m coming from collecting something else totally different

I’m totally new to this and needed somewhere to post that I’m completely new and not sure where to start, spotting fakes, the basics etc
I’m coming from collecting something else totally different
Sneaker collecting has become vastly more complicated in the decades since we started this community. For many collectible sneakers, it's no longer enough to know when and where they'll be released. It can be very confusing.

Since purchasing methods can vary by product and manufacturer, it will be much easier to get advice if you've identified the types of sneakers that you're interested in.

Do you have any favorites yet?

As I mentioned, we have a Price/Fake Checks forum dedicated to helping sneaker fans evaluate shoes they own or have interest in. Aside from the general advice to avoid purchasing shoes from any sketchy sites or sellers who have limited release shoes available in every size at low prices, there are no universal tells for every single model - so you'll want to check in there for more information about how dedicated sneaker collectors are able to differentiate between fake and authentic pairs of a particular model.

If you're a fan of a particular style or brand, you'll want to check the sneaker forums:

Nike
Nike Retro (this means an old school shoe that's being remade)
Jordan Brand
Other Brands

We also have a sneaker showcase forum where people can share their sneakers and collections.

If you don't yet know which sneakers you're interested in, browsing through the showcase forum or the sneaker forums can help you get a sense of what's out there. We just added a new gallery feature where you can flip through all of the pictures in any given discussion topic.

The more specific your interest, the easier it will be for other community members to offer you specific advice. For example, if you love the Air Jordan I, there's an entire thread dedicated to that model: https://niketalk.com/threads/offici...t-model-thread.508567/page-7396#post-32324494

You could go to that thread and add a post to introduce yourself and ask for help figuring out how to choose the right size or how to buy the next release you're looking for.

You can also create a new topic to introduce yourself and ask for help. If you don't have any specific brands in mind, the Sneaker Showcase forum would be a good place for that - but you likely won't receive as much specific help as you would if you've identified exactly what it is you're looking for. If you have a specific brand in mind, I'd recommend creating a thread in the appropriate brand forum.

If you have particular models you're looking for, you'll want to find the existing discussion topics where people have already gathered to talk about those shoes and add your question there as a reply rather than a new thread. That way, people already talking about those shoes can see and answer your questions about them.

Let me or any of our staff members know if you need further assistance.

Back
Top Bottom