Traffic Ticket Vol. Brake Light Out

So I got pulled over tonight and was told by the officer my left brake light is out. He gave me a ticket and now I have to appear in court.

I've been doing some research on my specific ticket and I believe it's a "fix it ticket" meaning I just need to get my infraction corrected.

My question is, What do I do after I get my brake light fixed? Do I still have to appear in court and who do I see to get my ticket signed on back for the "certificate of correction" section.

I'm in Cali by the way.

Any help would be appreciated NT

Not sure how it is in Cali. He should have given you a " fix it ticket" with like 10 days to fix. Then just go to the cop shop and show them you fixed it. I'd be pissed if I had to show up in court for a brake light.

replace the light then show it to a cop. he should sign it off saying its good. take the ticket to court pay the fee and you should be good. its nothing serious

Originally Posted by 40ave

replace the light then show it to a cop. he should sign it off saying its good. take the ticket to court pay the fee and you should be good. its nothing serious

100% agreed! should only be around $25....make sure you FIND a cop to do it, dont go to the courthouse and ask for a cop to step outside tp check it because he'll charge another 25...so try your luck in finding a cop at starbucks or something
3 years ago i got pulled over for my license plate light being out...dude was cool and just let me know about it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by 40ave

100% agreed! should only be around $25....make sure you FIND a cop to do it, dont go to the courthouse and ask for a cop to step outside tp check it because he'll charge another 25...so try your luck in finding a cop at starbucks or something
3 years ago i got pulled over for my license plate light being out...dude was cool and just let me know about it
pimp.gif
Not sure where you from but I've never heard of being charged for a cop to walk outside to sign off a fix it ticket. 

Thats why I'm so heated right now, dude couldn't just let me slide or anything.

40ave, does it matter where I find the cop to sign off on it? Also can I just go to my local police station to have one of the cops sign off on it?

some courts charge, and others dont.
didnt know you could get it checked by any cop though...good info there.
as previously mentioned, it should only cost $25 or so.
my broken headlight in CA was $10.

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Thats why I'm so heated right now, dude couldn't just let me slide or anything.

40ave, does it matter where I find the cop to sign off on it? Also can I just go to my local police station to have one of the cops sign off on it?

he wanted to make sure u fixed it right away because driving around w/ broken brake lights is incredibly dangerous w/ crazy traffic on LA freeways dude.  we don't need u on the freeways

Back
Top Bottom