Trip to memory lane.....NIKE BATTLEGROUNDS Flightposite and Air Maxs

The air maxes? Because the FP3's didn't feel like bricks. More like pillows

I wouldn't ball in the FP3's because of the ankle support and because they seem high off the ground to me with the double zoom. I like basketball kicks that are lower.

nice collection, the chrome's were pretty limited but sold very poorly. I don't recall to many places carrying those, they were definitely ahead of their time.

Here's the 3rd pair of the Air Max Elite of the Battlegrounds line

zk1rw6.jpg

Originally Posted by Bush Man 2002

i copped the gold fp3s at marshalls for 10 dollars

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

I had the gold and the white FP3s too but I got rid of them. The cut on the ankles were just low for me. Snug on the feet but not too much on the ankles. The rest of the battleground line was tight though.

I'd *%%* with all the FP3s. The Gold's did HORRIBLE at retail. I saw them sitting at my spot like two years ago in the sale section with the bubbles yellowed from age.

Originally Posted by Nhung2609

still ugly, sorry

- Nike's shameless attempt to attract the AND1 crowd
sick.gif

- while browsing the 'other brands' side, i seen a grip of cats going crazy on AND1 retros buying up multiples. to each his own but damn man
smh.gif
 . whats next DADA Supremes??  
sick.gif

I can remember sitting in my high schools library contemplating pulling the trigger on the gold FP3's on ebay for like 30 bucks. If only I had a job at the time, lol.

These were reviewed on Kicksology.net, yes? I remember when they first dropped in Toronto (over $260 retail, no joke) & thought hell no way I'd be spending that much on ball kicks.

Managed to score my first pair of black/blues on ebay. Loved the cat's eye print on the soles (if you have a pair put both together & you'll see the face, if you know what I mean) on the sole bottoms. Great if not awesome cushioning + removable full Zoom insoles

Hated the fixed cross strap was limiting & painful for people with W-I-D-E feet like myself & that after enough wears the Foam material at the flex points would crack & crease so badly. I'm hanging on to mine simply for the insoles now lol.

I do recall posts here on NT whereby people who got their FP3 pairs for cheap would strip away the lenticular pod areas to reveal the simpler black pods a la the Zoom Flight 95 (Jason Kidds?) sorrt of like what people did to their VC1s (deconstructed) & the outer shroud.

Great collection but limited in appeal, only true bball afficionados will recognize. Sure if you hang onto these long enough you'll get a grip for them.

^i did that with my pair of FP3s, in the black/royal blue pair. The material under the pods, was this weird soft material, extremely spongy, nothing like the zf95s at all,

i even remember specifically using a washable marker, and coloring the pod orange....making them NY knicks like

mine also creased and cracked badly at the flexpoint near the base of the foot, but they were def. one of my favorite comfy shoes. the fit was like none other...i have NO CLUE what i did with them though, if i remember i lef tthem in the trunk of an old car that i got in an accident with.....

flightposites
pimp.gif

i remeber buyin the gold pair at marshalls for like $20..... im still kickin myself for not gettin more....
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

There don't seem to be that many pairs of BGs on ebay... Just a pair or two here and there. I had the navy ones and still have the gold ones, and all the max elite BG colors. Never did like the elites, but the FP IIIs were great to ball in, IMHO. The BG colors made an already loud shoe pretty much scream "LOOK AT ME" which I hated, but who can argue with the performance? The only only thing I consistently had trouble with was the magnet not holding the strap shut during the course of a game.

I paid $15 for the gold fp3's back in '04.  Money well spent I think.  They are descent hoopin shoes. 

Back
Top Bottom