Tru Life takes plea deal for ‘09 murder charge; sentenced to 10 years in prison

Originally Posted by G14

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Tru was about the right things, not te greatest rapper, but he actually cared about the hip hop community and that bled thru his work.
i dunno bout that...son was walkin around for months with those purple city chains...he was askin for it
this.

plus I remember watchin a video wayyy back in the day of this dude n sum goons runnin up in the studio with the burners on sumbody... that plus the beef wit Mobb Deep and sum other rediculous vid clip I seen on homie is enough for me to kno i dont *+%$ wit the bol... he was headed down this road for a longgg time, he did well to stay out this damn long
They ran up on mobb deep...stripped alchemist butt naked in his studio
roll.gif
roll.gif
yeah dude was wild ...karma

dont even know why jay-z signed without even hearing a song from him
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
@ thinking he was signed for his lyrical prowess or was expected to go plat or something...jay z , og juan...tru life...its deeper than rap

as others have said - he got off kinda "easy" for murder...if you can call 10 years "easy"  - they def didnt throw the book at him

and on the topic of him being stupid i will say - from what i heard/read about the situation this wasn't him just acting up wilding and being reckless...this was personal and im sure he knew the consequences that could come from it-

JewSeeJay wrote:

LOL @ Gabe bringin Wacka into this... the statement bout Flocka bein bout that life was purposely ignorant... jokes my man
tru-life-200lvg062509.jpg

"I dont condone violence, or bangin or nuthin but deep down im a lil happy on the inside that sum of these dudes jus dont talk it... Flockavelli bout that life... "

You had to clarify your moral stance after telling a joke. You right that was real jokey. Stay wavey bro.

It was an ignorant remark meant half jokingly bruh bruh, dont magnify and disect everything I say to prove ur point... its foolish, Im glad he off the streets !%%%!% wit ppl honestly thats all I said fam...cuz u think he give 2 !$$%@ bout u u wanna rep for him? cuz yall from the same building? FOH

I see now why u got knocked kid... ur  jus not bright... its not your fault tho

stop cryin over another man doin sum time, he only got 10... he murked sumbody... dude is dead... hell neverrrr go home to his family... FOH
No where in here did I cry or say anything like "Oh no, that ain't right. He don't deserve that. Free Tru Life. He's innocent." None of that. I just feel the responsibility to stand up for a friend of mine. He's as real as a dude as I've been giving him credit to be and I know he going to hold that 10 and his brother is just as official, so I know he gonna hold that 12, if in fact those are the #'s they agree to.

/\ this wasnt even directed at anybody in particular but implying that he doesnt deserve 10 years for stabbing sumone to death is ludacris...

Originally Posted by BeastMode212

Personally knowing Tru and the victim both sides were at fault. This was a situation that has been going on for years, but this one actually involved his FAMILY! The victim in this case wasn't the nicest, quiet person in the world...in fact he talk a lot of %*@..God rest his soul, but it could have been either or. What yall dont realize is Tru was about positivity, but no matter how hard you try to put yourself in a better position your past will follow you regardless. It saddens me that yall in here grateful he's going to do a bid. What if your brother got caught up in a bad predicament? You guys are reallly gonna let is slide? Let me cut up your brothers face and see how well you would take it...I dont know about you, but family is the most important to me and if ANYONE of my family members were in that position there would have been a problem...but yet again this is NT so most of yall don't understand it...

laugh.gif
 word? a N makin videos n puttin em on the net of dischargin firearms n public, braggin about tresspassin n robbin Ns is really about positivity?

Stabbin dudes to death is that new newww positivity movement then i guess 
grin.gif

he got off easy, u bucket crab @!! dudes need to be celebratin he gettin out at all not comin at my neck for sayin he deserve it

Me contributed to this post has nothing to do with B.O. caring if I'm doing it or not. I'm just an official dude and I felt the need to clarify and react to some comments about an actual friend of mine. I dont just know of dude. I KNOW dude, his family and his brothers and brothers families well.

You a funny dude with the, "I can see why you got knocked, your not bright". Good one.

AGAIN, I NEVER said he shouldn't get XXX amount of years. I never said he didn't deserve anything. It's the fact that dudes are in here saying things like "Good, he deserves it." or "Good for him, he was bound to be in jail or dead." when they don't even know what happened in the said situation.

Also, I've said he made bad decisions when filming videos with dudes shooting guns. Ironically in the Mobb Deep video that was posted, dude that was shooting the gun in the Basketball court is also a friend of mine and is actually doing time for a body as well. I am 100% sure the prosecution got a hold of that video when they were prosecuting him and it revealed that dude maybe somebody they HAVE to get off the streets. It's all silly. Nobody is arguing that. But this is very OLD footage and most of if not all of the videos where Tru is bugging is OLD.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Tru was about the right things, not te greatest rapper, but he actually cared about the hip hop community and that bled thru his work.
I was working at a summer program with kids up in East Harlem couple summers ago came and he came to speak to the kids.  Seemed like a good dude, damn shame literally couple months after meeting dude he got into this mess.

I don't want to make this post too personal, so we should lay off the name-calling and such, because it's corny.

I'm not trying to glorify dude, but I'm at least trying to clear somethings up about the situation, so dudes can have a better understanding before they make statements.

I agree 10 years is groovy for a body. And that's what god Lawyers get you, so at the end of the day, yeah we should be celebrating and saying "See You in Few Tru" but I feel like the majority of the people on here got the wrong impression of dude and this situation.

JewSeeJay wrote:

LOL @ Gabe bringin Wacka into this... the statement bout Flocka bein bout that life was purposely ignorant... jokes my man
tru-life-200lvg062509.jpg

"I dont condone violence, or bangin or nuthin but deep down im a lil happy on the inside that sum of these dudes jus dont talk it... Flockavelli bout that life... "

You had to clarify your moral stance after telling a joke. You right that was real jokey. Stay wavey bro.

It was an ignorant remark meant half jokingly bruh bruh, dont magnify and disect everything I say to prove ur point... its foolish, Im glad he off the streets !%%%!% wit ppl honestly thats all I said fam...cuz u think he give 2 !$$%@ bout u u wanna rep for him? cuz yall from the same building? FOH

I see now why u got knocked kid... ur  jus not bright... its not your fault tho

stop cryin over another man doin sum time, he only got 10... he murked sumbody... dude is dead... hell neverrrr go home to his family... FOH
No where in here did I cry or say anything like "Oh no, that ain't right. He don't deserve that. Free Tru Life. He's innocent." None of that. I just feel the responsibility to stand up for a friend of mine. He's as real as a dude as I've been giving him credit to be and I know he going to hold that 10 and his brother is just as official, so I know he gonna hold that 12, if in fact those are the #'s they agree to.

/\ this wasnt even directed at anybody in particular but implying that he doesnt deserve 10 years for stabbing sumone to death is ludacris...

Originally Posted by BeastMode212

Personally knowing Tru and the victim both sides were at fault. This was a situation that has been going on for years, but this one actually involved his FAMILY! The victim in this case wasn't the nicest, quiet person in the world...in fact he talk a lot of %*@..God rest his soul, but it could have been either or. What yall dont realize is Tru was about positivity, but no matter how hard you try to put yourself in a better position your past will follow you regardless. It saddens me that yall in here grateful he's going to do a bid. What if your brother got caught up in a bad predicament? You guys are reallly gonna let is slide? Let me cut up your brothers face and see how well you would take it...I dont know about you, but family is the most important to me and if ANYONE of my family members were in that position there would have been a problem...but yet again this is NT so most of yall don't understand it...

laugh.gif
 word? a N makin videos n puttin em on the net of dischargin firearms n public, braggin about tresspassin n robbin Ns is really about positivity?

Stabbin dudes to death is that new newww positivity movement then i guess 
grin.gif

he got off easy, u bucket crab @!! dudes need to be celebratin he gettin out at all not comin at my neck for sayin he deserve it

Me contributed to this post has nothing to do with B.O. caring if I'm doing it or not. I'm just an official dude and I felt the need to clarify and react to some comments about an actual friend of mine. I dont just know of dude. I KNOW dude, his family and his brothers and brothers families well.

You a funny dude with the, "I can see why you got knocked, your not bright". Good one.

AGAIN, I NEVER said he shouldn't get XXX amount of years. I never said he didn't deserve anything. It's the fact that dudes are in here saying things like "Good, he deserves it." or "Good for him, he was bound to be in jail or dead." when they don't even know what happened in the said situation.

Also, I've said he made bad decisions when filming videos with dudes shooting guns. Ironically in the Mobb Deep video that was posted, dude that was shooting the gun in the Basketball court is also a friend of mine and is actually doing time for a body as well. I am 100% sure the prosecution got a hold of that video when they were prosecuting him and it revealed that dude maybe somebody they HAVE to get off the streets. It's all silly. Nobody is arguing that. But this is very OLD footage and most of if not all of the videos where Tru is bugging is OLD.

I was working at a summer program with kids up in East Harlem couple summers ago came and he came to speak to the kids.  Seemed like a good dude, damn shame literally couple months after meeting dude he got into this mess.

I don't want to make this post too personal, so we should lay off the name-calling and such, because it's corny.

I'm not trying to glorify dude, but I'm at least trying to clear somethings up about the situation, so dudes can have a better understanding before they make statements.

I agree 10 years is groovy for a body. And that's what god Lawyers get you, so at the end of the day, yeah we should be celebrating and saying "See You in Few Tru" but I feel like the majority of the people on here got the wrong impression of dude and this situation.

No one said to let tru go, no one is even mad at the 10 yr sentence.

If you've looked into Tru's music and interviews you'd see he was trying to bring change to NY rap which I would have loved to see.

End all the blood/crip gangbanging in NY, stealing swag from down south in vein attempts at relevence.

The world is a complicated place so yes, I think someone that caught a body could have brought positivity to the Ny hip hop scene.
also his pride of his Taino descent was also refreshing to see in a hispanic rapper.

If you've looked into Tru's music and interviews you'd see he was trying to bring change to NY rap which I would have loved to see.

End all the blood/crip gangbanging in NY, stealing swag from down south in vein attempts at relevence.

The world is a complicated place so yes, I think someone that caught a body could have brought positivity to the Ny hip hop scene.
also his pride of his Taino descent was also refreshing to see in a hispanic rapper.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Lolz @ hood rules. Grow up man. Pulling guns and robbing people for taking a song is not doing it. Respect? I guess going to Riker's didn't help you much.
laugh.gif
Why am I not grown ? Because I would chose to handle my business myself instead of involve authorities ? Because I agree that Tru's actions were exactly what he needed to do ? If somebody take your stuff and you know where you can find him to get it back, you not going to go get that ?
roll.gif
You obviously lived in the Burbs your whole life. Your neighbor friends steals PS3 controllers and such, resulting in police investigations and reports.

You sound silly. Jay's little puppet. Hov signed dude with out hearing a full tape. To a mil. Tru basically gooned Jay for his contract. Jay became uncomfortable with the life he lived and that's why he seperated himself from Tru. Son was actually doing the "real" ++** all these rappers talk and brag about. Jay didn't want no part of that.
laugh.gif
That hood mentality is ******ed.  Why get into a fight over a PS3 controller in the first place? Hypothetically if someone stole my @%%# I asked for it back, and if they didn't guess what, oh well, you lost a controller, just cut dude off.  Getting into physical confrontations about dumb @%%# like that is the hood mentality which is the reason Tru ended up where he was...He got the rare chance that most people from the hood never got, a million dollars to make music, and he couldn't lose that ******ed hood mentality which is why he ended up in prison.  The hood idea of "pride" is what ends up putting cats in jail or losing their life over stupid @%%#.  I know the situation was more his brother than his, but what would have happened if he said, ok, my brother got his +$! whooped or got punked, take the L?  You acting like Jay is soft, nah Jay lives in a world where he can't have thugs doing ******ed @%%# around him to make his image and company look bad.  You want to get out of the hood you lose that hood mentality, so I have trouble feeling bad for dude when he was from that life and got the chance that no one gets and then blew it.  He put himself where he is, no one else.

Max, obviously I was exaggerating the PS3 scenario, because I felt like dude portrayed himself as someone who wouldn't know anything about a real problem or a dangerous problem. Just poking fun a little.

Now as far as the hood mentality goes and your opinion stating that you have to snap out of that. I agree. I never disagreed, but the fact of the matter is that he didn't, and he almost had no choice but to do what he always did when this situation came up involving his family. Not that he DIDN'T want to stop these behaviors.

I'm not saying Jay is soft, I was just stating facts. Jay signed Tru for the street side of the rap business. When Jay made this move, he wasn't on the level he is now as far as money is concerned. He was still relatively in the mix in the street movements and trying to make the ROC pop and trying to find new artists. He had the problem with Prodigy and saw Tru as someone who could shield him from harm, because of who he was. So really, you ARE right. Jay does have those goons that he can send out, and Tru happened to be one of them.

I don't get where dudes are coming from with the "I have a hard time feeling bad for him".... I NEVER ONCE asked for anyone to feel bad for dude.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

and on the topic of him being stupid i will say - from what i heard/read about the situation this wasn't him just acting up wilding and being reckless...this was personal and im sure he knew the consequences that could come from it-

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Lolz @ hood rules. Grow up man. Pulling guns and robbing people for taking a song is not doing it. Respect? I guess going to Riker's didn't help you much.
laugh.gif
Why am I not grown ? Because I would chose to handle my business myself instead of involve authorities ? Because I agree that Tru's actions were exactly what he needed to do ? If somebody take your stuff and you know where you can find him to get it back, you not going to go get that ?
roll.gif
You obviously lived in the Burbs your whole life. Your neighbor friends steals PS3 controllers and such, resulting in police investigations and reports.

You sound silly. Jay's little puppet. Hov signed dude with out hearing a full tape. To a mil. Tru basically gooned Jay for his contract. Jay became uncomfortable with the life he lived and that's why he seperated himself from Tru. Son was actually doing the "real" ++** all these rappers talk and brag about. Jay didn't want no part of that.
laugh.gif
That hood mentality is ******ed.  Why get into a fight over a PS3 controller in the first place? Hypothetically if someone stole my @%%# I asked for it back, and if they didn't guess what, oh well, you lost a controller, just cut dude off.  Getting into physical confrontations about dumb @%%# like that is the hood mentality which is the reason Tru ended up where he was...He got the rare chance that most people from the hood never got, a million dollars to make music, and he couldn't lose that ******ed hood mentality which is why he ended up in prison.  The hood idea of "pride" is what ends up putting cats in jail or losing their life over stupid @%%#.  I know the situation was more his brother than his, but what would have happened if he said, ok, my brother got his +$! whooped or got punked, take the L?  You acting like Jay is soft, nah Jay lives in a world where he can't have thugs doing ******ed @%%# around him to make his image and company look bad.  You want to get out of the hood you lose that hood mentality, so I have trouble feeling bad for dude when he was from that life and got the chance that no one gets and then blew it.  He put himself where he is, no one else.

Max, obviously I was exaggerating the PS3 scenario, because I felt like dude portrayed himself as someone who wouldn't know anything about a real problem or a dangerous problem. Just poking fun a little.

Now as far as the hood mentality goes and your opinion stating that you have to snap out of that. I agree. I never disagreed, but the fact of the matter is that he didn't, and he almost had no choice but to do what he always did when this situation came up involving his family. Not that he DIDN'T want to stop these behaviors.

I'm not saying Jay is soft, I was just stating facts. Jay signed Tru for the street side of the rap business. When Jay made this move, he wasn't on the level he is now as far as money is concerned. He was still relatively in the mix in the street movements and trying to make the ROC pop and trying to find new artists. He had the problem with Prodigy and saw Tru as someone who could shield him from harm, because of who he was. So really, you ARE right. Jay does have those goons that he can send out, and Tru happened to be one of them.

I don't get where dudes are coming from with the "I have a hard time feeling bad for him".... I NEVER ONCE asked for anyone to feel bad for dude.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

this^^

thats what he wanted to bring to the table and i liked that. he wanted to bring NY back, but at the same time he's a goon. hold ya head tru

this^^

thats what he wanted to bring to the table and i liked that. he wanted to bring NY back, but at the same time he's a goon. hold ya head tru

I agree with the lucky part, 10 years + time served. He's good on that end hopefully he can get his head together with the time inside & come out with his whole life ahead of him.

But lord people on here are stupid.. How you say your happy that another man is behind bars... Thats female anatomy talk right there bruh... Unless YOU bodied the dude or he hurt you DIRECTLY there is no reason for you to be happy another man is locked up for a situation thats more complex then a simple jux..

Hood rules = is what it is... He probably regrets going about it how he did, but he had to do what he had to... You can tell some dudes on here are more #%$!$ then man when they say their happy a grown +$@ man is locked up.. Bet you won't go to Smith P's with yah "goons" and say that...

I agree with the lucky part, 10 years + time served. He's good on that end hopefully he can get his head together with the time inside & come out with his whole life ahead of him.

But lord people on here are stupid.. How you say your happy that another man is behind bars... Thats female anatomy talk right there bruh... Unless YOU bodied the dude or he hurt you DIRECTLY there is no reason for you to be happy another man is locked up for a situation thats more complex then a simple jux..

Hood rules = is what it is... He probably regrets going about it how he did, but he had to do what he had to... You can tell some dudes on here are more #%$!$ then man when they say their happy a grown +$@ man is locked up.. Bet you won't go to Smith P's with yah "goons" and say that...

Good riddance , I wold gave his ignorant self the whole thing. I can't stand stick up dudes thet get on camera talking reckless
Nobody likes a DUMB criminal. The dude he stabbed prolly gets into a altercation every damn week. wait it out a few months
And see if u still feel it's worth life in jail. By then dudes racked up so many altercations n enemies there wont be any leads towards you.

Also max b was offered the same plea deal for 10. 10 is the usual for cases that don't have DNA . Keeps the prosecution rate high and the politians happy

Good riddance , I wold gave his ignorant self the whole thing. I can't stand stick up dudes thet get on camera talking reckless
Nobody likes a DUMB criminal. The dude he stabbed prolly gets into a altercation every damn week. wait it out a few months
And see if u still feel it's worth life in jail. By then dudes racked up so many altercations n enemies there wont be any leads towards you.

Also max b was offered the same plea deal for 10. 10 is the usual for cases that don't have DNA . Keeps the prosecution rate high and the politians happy

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

My son, what's good. I'ma shoot you a P.M.

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

My son, what's good. I'ma shoot you a P.M.

Crazy how this news popped up...just a month ago I was trying to look up any updates on the story.� Even tried to find him on the NY jail roster to send a letter & let him know he still has fans who appreciate his music n' its message.� One of my best friends was recently sentenced to 35 years after 2 years in county.� Been bumpin' "I Miss You" a lot lately.� Miss Tru Life's music.

Crazy how this news popped up...just a month ago I was trying to look up any updates on the story.� Even tried to find him on the NY jail roster to send a letter & let him know he still has fans who appreciate his music n' its message.� One of my best friends was recently sentenced to 35 years after 2 years in county.� Been bumpin' "I Miss You" a lot lately.� Miss Tru Life's music.

Originally Posted by Don Dela Vega

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Don Dela Vega

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom