True or False. Since 'Life After Death' dropped, there hasn't been a better hip-hop album released.

1. Intro
2. Somebody's Gotta Die
3. Hypnotize
4. Kick in the Door
5. F'n You Tonight
6. Last Day
7. I Love The Dough
8. What's Beef
9. B.I.G. Interlude
10. Mo Money Mo Problems
11. N's Bleed
12. I Got A Story to Tell
13. Outro - B.I.G. Interview

1. Notorious Thugs
2. Miss U
3. Another
4. Going Back to Cali
5. Ten Crack Comandments
6. Playa Hater
7. Nasty Boy
8. Sky's the Limit
9. The World is Filled
10. My Downfall
11. Long Kiss Goodnight
12. You're Nobody (Till Somebody Kills You)

I mean, look at that tracklist. This album had it all. Pure lyrical joints, memorable guest appearances, story telling joints, the flow was straight
pimp.gif
. Most of the songs on either disc, when they come on in a party, theplace knows it pretty much word for word. And the singles, Hypnotize, Mo Money Mo Problems, still sound fresh too. I can do without Another and Playa Hater. But other than that, this album is pretty much flawless....

Discuss.

Negative...

I ain't trying to get into arguments over opinion, but I got a couple in the stash I would put over LAD. I never really felt that album much. I'm a RTDdude. That's in my top 5, so LAD don't get as much love from me.

My goodness, I know its BIG's anniversary but can we stop it with these overhyping post? Thank you.

False.....Dopeness still came out. it just took alittle while for the new styles to develop and such. ie. lupe, kanye, dilla, little brother, etc

I ain't trying to get into arguments over opinion, but I got a couple in the stash I would put over LAD. I never really felt that album much. I'm a RTD dude.
Basically.

Originally Posted by king jay XI

False.

Jay-Z: Blueprint
pimp.gif
Im gonna have to second this. as much as i love BIG and LAD, I still consider The Blueprint to be a masterpiece of hip hop.

Not taking anything away from LAD though. Album was definitely something special.

I dont really know about better because i dont really like to compare that often as each and every single artist is a 1 of 1.
Life After Death is a great album, it was ahead of its time however alot of people are talking about the same things that BIG were talking about back thenright now and im not knocking it as his wordplay and delivery is amazing to this day! Puffs team also did an amazing job with the production and the soundeffects for Life After Death. There are a nice amount of albums though imo that are up there. Its been 11 years.

I ain't trying to get into arguments over opinion, but I got a couple in the stash I would put over LAD. I never really felt that album much. I'm a RTD dude.
ready to die
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by IRAPTHOUGH

eyes.gif

Not EVEN .

I came name 10 better .

No you can't

And to the people who are just saying 'No'..name better albums..
Jay-Z: Blueprint
pimp.gif

I think thats the only album thats close.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

May I ?
You named one for me ...
Blueprint .
Like Water for Chocolate .
Be .
MM Lp .
I Am .
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill .
Black Album .
Black on Both Sides .
College Dropout . (
smh.gif
)
Aquemini .

And this is all opinion ...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by KAM WINSTON

False. I'll say it... there was a LOT of filler on LAD. It was not a flawless album.

no fillers....but i don't wanna say there hasn't been music that was JUST as good..supreme clientele for example...

Originally Posted by IRAPTHOUGH

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

May I ?
You named one for me ...
Blueprint .
Like Water for Chocolate .
Be .
MM Lp .
I Am .
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill .