Turning The Other Cheek as a Black Person

I came across this video last night and wanted to have a discussion with my NT fam.
Rickey Smiley says that some of the scriptures in the Bible are used to make black people submissive to systematic racism and white supremacy. Turn the other cheek.
Thoughts? :nerd: (@hand2handking type beat)

I know nothing about the bible but I'm interested in why he goes to church at all when he him self says he questions the scriptures and agrees the bible and church is used as a system of control? Not questioning his faith just why voluntarily go to a place that preaches what you don't agree with?

Dont let that religion poison you and make you docile black man.

Ive been listening to this dude Chronicles of Judah on youtube recently. He's always talking about the Bible and its affects on black folks. He often nails it in regards to the bible being a mind control tool.
Then he goes off the deep end talking about celebrities who worship the Goat god and the size of wooly mammoths compared to elephants.

As far as i can tell, the bible was pushed at just about everyone, to control the masses and tax them.

Jesus was a person on earth. He was obviously less white than he was depicted after death. He was executed by the romans. Thats some of the only verifiable stuff we know outside of stories.

There's no doubt the Bible is/was used as a form of control. It's always used as an excuse for people to accept their situation as a form of "suffering" and "one day" they'll be "free".

Back
Top Bottom