Turo...Rent out your personal vehicle.

Get around been doing that and it’s been good to me when I visited sf as a 21 year old

I wouldn't trust a stranger with my whips. When people rent vehicles they have that "Its not mine so who cares" mentality.

/thread

People in my uber weren't even always respectful of my whip and that's when I was in it :lol:

A lot different from renting out a house or AirBnB.... I could imagine all the fraud **** that’ll go on from this.

Door dings from parking, stolen vehicle, being used as a getaway car, insurance fraud from “damages” or it being stolen. Lawsuits, because the owner forgot to replace the break pads, tire tread going bald but not being replaced... ect.

Uber/Lyft >>>>

Only useful thing from this is if you want to stunt with shorty on date night driving around town pushing Porsche or Maserati.

Besides that I don’t see why/how someone wouldn’t just take uber.

All sorts of bad for both renter and rentee

I use to rent my Impala to producers in Miami.
I was there with it though...wasn't gonna have fools killing my switches.
I had a couple outta towners ask if they could rent it...and a couple teens ask to rent it for prom night.
Nope!
52462E4E-AA90-4BE9-977E-EC25FC98BDE3.jpeg
0FE4A658-9D1E-4B80-8EC3-41BF7A1F04AE.jpeg
436847B5-5FAF-4D4A-87C7-9BFE45C7FE02.jpeg

Attachments

• B677C932-F31D-4B9F-B3D4-E7585E3C0BF2.jpeg
    B677C932-F31D-4B9F-B3D4-E7585E3C0BF2.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 7
  • BC6EA387-B7D5-4EF2-9AF5-93E232E0F06A.jpeg
    BC6EA387-B7D5-4EF2-9AF5-93E232E0F06A.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
It's been around for a while. I even looked up some cars in my city. It won't be as big as uber because how many people want to loan their car out to strangers?

I use to rent my Impala to producers in Miami.
I was there with it though...wasn't gonna have fools killing my switches.
I had a couple outta towners ask if they could rent it...and a couple teens ask to rent it for prom night.
Nope!
52462E4E-AA90-4BE9-977E-EC25FC98BDE3.jpeg
0FE4A658-9D1E-4B80-8EC3-41BF7A1F04AE.jpeg
436847B5-5FAF-4D4A-87C7-9BFE45C7FE02.jpeg

Let me rent it bruh :nerd:

Let me rent it bruh :nerd:
I sold it back in 2012...that car was a nightmare.
Runaway stuck switches...leaky pumps...old drum brakes that would kill you.
Hole in the gas tank...which almost killed me at a gas pump.
Don't care to ever own another low low

Have a buddy who always rents a tesla off of turo when he visit from Boston.

There's a damn startup for everything now, huh?

It can actually be a great hustle for someone with a nice fleet of classic/exotic cars and even cheap commuters....but the nature of the transaction and just humans in general makes you as the owner too vulnerable and it will make any sort of security/liability protective measure just all around inconvenient for the renter to the point you are better off going the Lyft/Uber/Big Company Rental Car route.

Exotic rental businesses big thing is too keep as much of your security deposit as they possibly can. Even if it means nitpicking and falsely accusing you of scratches, marks and stains you didn't put on the car.
Trust me there are some consumer horror stories about Exotic Rentals on Miami Beach and Las Vegas. I always tell people its best to stay away from those type of businesses in Miami...all they see is green

Last edited:
I've used it twice, no problems. First time, I needed an SUV for 8 in Chicago, way cheaper than the rental companies. Second time, I rented a jeep for maui, no problems whatsoever.
Both times, the cars were parked in the lot with parking paid, and just had to park it in the lot before my flight.

Some people use it as their hustle, buying cars and renting them out. Same deal as Airbnb superhosts that have multiple vacation properties. Just gotta read reviews and do your due dilligence and you should be good.

Some owners got gps with their cars and you cant pass cetain speed too.

I let my girl drive my WRX like 2 times. She's not the most proficient stick-shift driver on the road. Anyways about 2 weeks after I last let her drive, the clutch mysteriously burnt out and it cost over 2k to replace. If that was a stranger, I would have no way of knowing who was burning out the clutch, and I'd be out 2k every time it happened. That's just 1 part.

a46.gif

Making a trip out to ATL soon and Turo could be useful.

Good look

I let my girl drive my WRX like 2 times. She's not the most proficient stick-shift driver on the road. Anyways about 2 weeks after I last let her drive, the clutch mysteriously burnt out and it cost over 2k to replace. If that was a stranger, I would have no way of knowing who was burning out the clutch, and I'd be out 2k every time it happened. That's just 1 part.

a46.gif

Well lets be completely fair here...you chose to buy a WRX the fragile *** paper disks they call a clutch in them is the cars weak link.
9CB2BA53-7A66-4BA7-9B8C-3412DCE9809D.gif

Back
Top Bottom