Twitter History of Public Figures...Warrented Outrage, or Not?

In the case of Kyler Murray, the person who dug up those tweets is super petty. Congrats you found a 14-15 year old saying something stupid on Twitter

Dt0UmOPXcAEkkij.jpg

Santa Barber? Yikes.

I deleted all of my tweets prior to 2013. Cleaned up any tweets that had derogatory terms after to that. Its too easy these days to pull them up. Just search a handle with a term and you can pull things up.

If you started tweeting 10 years ago, you probably don't remember any of these tweets. Not to mention if your tweet count is in the 10s of thousands.

Can't help but laugh when thinking back to Hart repeatedly mentioning in interviews that he doesn't joke about "gays or politics" and seeing this turn out

Who are the people doing deep dives into famous people’s twitters from last decade? Most of the time they probably just doing it because they hate the celebrity. Apologizing isn’t enough for the general public anymore but it’s not like people can go back in time and change how they felt and not tweet that stuff.

Who are the people doing deep dives into famous people’s twitters from last decade? Most of the time they probably just doing it because they hate the celebrity. Apologizing isn’t enough for the general public anymore but it’s not like people can go back in time and change how they felt and not tweet that stuff.
The people bringing it up are trolls. It doesn't require a deep dive though. If someone wanted to call out Draymond Green for homophobia, they can just type in the twitter search "@Money23Green gay". First result:

Personally to me I think it comes from action and changed behavior.

In a case like the Kevin Hart situation. While it was practical to play the game and just apologize again I get why he didn’t want to.

But being a better person and your actions reflecting that > offering apology after apology to appease people imo.

so when yall say people aren't who they used to be and grow from what they said before...

where does that stop or extend to?
seems like a slippery slope to me
then anyone can say, "that's not who I am anymore."
Anyone can say "I'm sorry" and not mean it. At the end of the day, all this means is Kevin Hart isn't going to host an awards show. No one's going to pull his movies out of theaters.

so when yall say people aren't who they used to be and grow from what they said before...

If you reaching back to when somebody was literally a kid....that's OD.

Needs to be assessed on an individual basis. I'm all for holding people accountable, but if they've demonstrated that they've actually changed I'm willing to forgive and move forward.

The people bringing it up are trolls. It doesn't require a deep dive though. If someone wanted to call out Draymond Green for homophobia, they can just type in the twitter search "@Money23Green gay". First result:

i.e. twitter beIng napster for da human mind on whatever you said or what people said.

So do y’all think celebrities should delete their tweets?

I don’t have Twitter but I honestly thought this was a given if you are a public figure. Why wouldn’t you delete them?

Also i am not mad that celebrities can no longer do or say what they want just cause they are rich and famous. They are now somewhat held accountable like regular folks.

They probably forgot and didn't expect a weirdo to bring it up 9 years later. My Twitter is pretty tame except for 1 or two posts. No need to delete it when i get famous.

They probably forgot and didn't expect a weirdo to bring it up 9 years later. My Twitter is pretty tame except for 1 or two posts. No need to delete it when i get famous.
These celebs don’t have publicists like that?

Back
Top Bottom