Twitter Not Too Pleased w/ Ben Baller For Saying He Helped Create Hip-Hop Culture...

It started last night with him saying american fans of k-pop were dumb. People were discussing Asians and culture appropriation and he came to the defense of one of the acts people were discussing and he just went on this rant from there. A whole lot of "i was there from the start of hip hop" I helped jay and pac, i support black lives matter etc.
laugh.gif
people dont even know what culture appropriation is so both sides of the field are lame. ben always been lame to me. dudes a joke.

If i remember correctly he said he was the one that drove Pac to faiths house to smash...
I think it was hotel, but yea he said that.

I think like most of his stories, there is some truth to it, but he throws in the extra sauce that puts it over the top.
You gotta remember, he is a salesman, that's what they do.

He definitely was there when a lot of influential stuff happened in pop culture... not only hip hop... cant take away from dude.

He might be correct. Dude was in A&R at Priority Records (look up their roster in the 90's). He posted his plaques on here once. He started as a DJ and probably ran with those circles in L.A. He made his connections from there.

Do you have any idea how many people this same description would apply to? :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone know his last name?

Per google it's Yang

If this is what being the trashcan in the back of the studio is then where do I sign up?

Also his name was mentioned in a Chance the rapper song, Frank Ocean song, Im sure there are others

Has anyone ever shouted out Ben Barra on a song?

I remember Dom Kennedy saying something like "I'm still a baller like ben baller" on one of his songs. That's all I can think of though.

As for Ben himself though. The guy has had a pretty successful career. Can't knock that. He doesn't need to do all that extra braggadocious stuff and exaggerate the hell out of every little thing. That's just his personality though I guess.

maybe in his Left coast constituency he had a hand in making it what it was out there...

before YO! MTV raps debuted, i used to hear west Coast folks would trade dubbed taped of Video Music Box from da east coast.

Y'all are dense af. Do I really have to defend this guy lol.

If you were around in the 80s deejaying, emceeing, bboying, or throwing up graff... you have the right in 2017, on Twitter, to say you helped build and create hiphop culture. What's so hard to grasp? He obviously went further than that working at some very prominent labels. You think some skinny Korean guy in L.A. could make all these high profile connections by luck? Hiphop wasn't built on a select few rappers, DJ's, or Russell Simmons. The people who deserve the most credit are probably names you never hear of. Yes, Ben embellishes his experiences but that's right in line with what hiphop is about. Every single element of hiphop has a competitive factor. It's always been about being better than someone and bigging yourself up.

If you were around in the 80s deejaying, emceeing, bboying, or throwing up graff... you have the right in 2017, on Twitter, to say you helped build and create hiphop cultur
he was a part of the culture.... he wasn't a creator or a builder

SC kid SC kid Props for posting all those pics. Say what you will about Ben but homie has lived a hell of a life.... Definitely a NT legend

If you were around in the 80s deejaying, emceeing, bboying, or throwing up graff... you have the right in 2017, on Twitter, to say you helped build and create hiphop cultur
he was a part of the culture.... he wasn't a creator or a builder

And I think this is the point that's being lost.

If you think of the pioneers of hip-hop, I don't really think Ben Baller comes to mind as someone who helped pave the way for what it is now.

Last edited:
The mere fact hes on Twitter trying to claim he created or built anything is whack as ****.

Real pioneers and originators don't have to talk about it.

wouldnt be surprised if hes viewing this thread and sending goons to cosign

but he does have his accomplishments but idk about being down for black rights

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom