UCLA Bruin's guard Derren Collison is overrated

8e26f86f1064a50bf14b50a432ee70f0-getty-80418654bl030_ucla_v_memphi.jpg

This little Akon look alike guy is soft. He get exposed whenever he play against bigger guards. Derrick Rose was killing him in the Final Fourstoday.
sick.gif
Son look lost out there and fouled out due to frustration
roll.gif

UCLA definitely need a bigger and stronger point guard next season.

^Exactly. He would have done that against anyone. DC had a good tournament but ran into a monster tonight. the hate on this board amazes me.

I've felt he has been for a while....

people callin him the best in the country, ya right...

he's around 5th best tho, I suppose...but it aint like there are that many good ones.

relax....it's just one game. are you going to take collison over rose in the draft? no. he's still got many positives to his game - they justdidn't show this game.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I've felt he has been for a while....

people callin him the best in the country, ya right...

he's around 5th best tho, I suppose...but it aint like there are that many good ones.
I was actually thinking he was lower top 10... He just went through an intense Cavity Search/Invasion ON National Television
laugh.gif

overrated??? maybe a little.

But c'mon almost anyone who goes against Memphis and Rose is going to be exposed right now.

LOL, you're prob right, he's prob in the 5-10 range...

but idk....

Rose

Then Augustin right now

after those two prob take J. Gordon, a healthy AJ Price, Sean Singletary, then I'm not sure..

There was another PG that was playing tonight that you can give that overrated title to though....oh wait, must still be his ankle
laugh.gif

But c'mon almost anyone who goes against Memphis and Rose is going to be exposed right now.

except for OJ Mayo, he actually exposed Rose a little bit

but the real overrated PG is Tywon Lawson... people have been hyping him up since his senior year at Oak Hill, like "omg he's soquick, you can't guard him" and last year "he's the best PG in the country" blah blah blah... he's really not that good. iunderstand he was injured, but i'm basing this on the games where he was playing fine, and i've seen almost all of them.

he should be a way better scorer for someone that size. he needs to be a better shooter, and he should be unstoppable off the dribble-drive but a lot of timeshe doesn't finish.

and he was completely absent today when his team needed him.

Lawson is pretty much a faster Ed Cota....

I'm sick of the fast, quick crap with Lawson and Collison...

Derrick Rose is the quickest, fastest, most explosive PG

but idk....

Rose

Then Augustin right now

after those two prob take J. Gordon, a healthy AJ Price, Sean Singletary, then I'm not sure..

There was another PG that was playing tonight that you can give that overrated title to though....oh wait, must still be his ankle
laugh.gif
Lawson
Ty Rice
I'm taking Jonny over him as well

He's a good system PG. Runs their offense, knocks down jumpshots, applies on-the-ball pressure, doesn't turn it over, what more could youask for? He wasn't a 5-star recruit out of high school. Nowhere near. He had to earn his rep and I'd say he made a solid college career forhimself.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

but idk....

Rose

Then Augustin right now

laugh.gif
Lawson
Ty Rice

I think overall speed Rose has it. The man just turns it up on the court and he seriously flies down there in a nanosecond. I really don't think Lawsonis faster than Rose, but I think Augustin is quicker in a halfcourt set. But UCLA ain't gonna fall off with Jrue coming in and if Love and Westbrook stay.

but idk....

Rose

Then Augustin right now

laugh.gif
Lawson
Ty Rice

Grievis Vasquez???

laugh.gif
sike, jk. but forreal though, he averaged 17 and 7. just that leadingNCAA in turnovers is usually not a good look for a point guard...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

but the real overrated PG is Tywon Lawson... people have been hyping him up since his senior year at Oak Hill, like "omg he's so quick, you can't guard him" and last year "he's the best PG in the country" blah blah blah... he's really not that good. i understand he was injured, but i'm basing this on the games where he was playing fine, and i've seen almost all of them.

he should be a way better scorer for someone that size. he needs to be a better shooter, and he should be unstoppable off the dribble-drive but a lot of times he doesn't finish.

I thought i was the only one who thought he shouldn't be getting all this praise as being so quick and fast. I feel he plays outta control and too wilda lot of the times

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

but idk....

Rose

Then Augustin right now

laugh.gif
Lawson
Ty Rice

I think overall speed Rose has it. The man just turns it up on the court and he seriously flies down there in a nanosecond. I really don't think Lawson is faster than Rose, but I think Augustin is quicker in a halfcourt set. But UCLA ain't gonna fall off with Jrue coming in and if Love and Westbrook stay.

honestly i don't think that DJ is that quick I just think he's extremely Crafty with the ball, his footwork is incredible. He gets you in a positionthat you're not accustomed too and he can shoot it at the snap of a finger so you have to respect that.

Lawson seriously should have come out last year... he would have gone top 10 easy. or the Hawks would have took him at 11 over Acie Law

but he done %+##*@ up now...

Back
Top Bottom