Uncut Gems A24 |

going to see this soon... maybe after this weekend since im seeing star wars on saturday... was sandler really oscar worthy with his character?

Wanted to watch last weekend and it wasn’t even playing anywhere near me. SMH.

Pet peeve of mine was him hitting it big on back to back parlays. Iirc they were both 6-teamers too.

Anyone that’s done some sports betting knows how hard those are to hit.
Hard but not impossible

bound to get lucky. Didn’t see it being unrealistic imo

Just finished watching it. Liked it a lot.. Man I felt like at times there was hardly a moment in the movie where it would just slow down and relax :lol:

Pet peeve of mine was him hitting it big on back to back parlays. Iirc they were both 6-teamers too.

Anyone that’s done some sports betting knows how hard those are to hit.

Pretty sure this was done to show how bad his luck actually was. Every time he hit something went wrong..the first one was called off and we see what happened after the second. LOL

Had to go watch GOOD TIME after this one. Man that **** was crazy af too :lol:.

These dudes building their own genre. Afraid to watch their other films because they don't seem like their latest two.

A24 got that fire. I was familiar with the Safdie Bros from watching Good Time. And the reason I knew about that film is because Necro is in it (I think he’s in another one of their films but I haven’t seen that one). I was hoping for a Necro cameo in this one too, seems on brand for him.

Uncut Gems is dope, Sandler’s best role. He played a scumbag, degenerate gambler to a tee. KG was good, Lakeith padding the resume (he was good in Knives Out too). Elsa the Jewish Princess. But most importantly, Julia Fox’s *** deserves a Golden Globe for being a golden globe. I need more Julia Fox cheeks for 2020. Shoutout to Trinidad for making a cameo #FSRarmy

Just cam back. It was a real good movie. That ending:smh:

That Fox chick looks like a younger Scar Jo

:lol: The random next door neighbor cameo

Very good movie. Great acting by Sandler and KG was surprisingly good for a baller. Will now check out Good Time. Looking forward to see what the Safdie brothers do next.

Back
Top Bottom