Under Armour Curry 6 $130 — OUT NOW — ICON $160

damn the shoes reminded me of nba jam when you hit turbo button but damn it really was nba jam invisible player pushed curry while he was going up

That’s crazy. The one area that has been great so far has been traction. Tested in three different types of court and no issues with grip. It frays quick but no grip problems.

A couple thoughts on the Curry 6/Curry line in general -

1. The 2 is really the only Curry worth the price. I loved the aesthetics of the 4 but after a month or two I found myself dreading coming down from a jumpshot because I was about to land on nothing but the floor pretty much - knees took a beating.

2. Idk if I would trust those youtubers on durability issues. They'll see a SMALL piece of rubber chipping and be like "Durability is terrible." I mean, they still question the Curry 2 durability and I've had like 5 pairs with hours in the gym and no issues. I just don't think they put enough time in to really test the quality. I think they BS a lot of stuff.

3. The 6 looks dope but I agree on the colorway-issue. I know the 2 was "peak Steph" so it sold like crazy but I think the colorways played a role. The crazy colorways were super eye-catching and different. The 3-4-5 had the blandest and most boring colorways.

4. They also need to start letting a model marinate. They're moving so quick. I mean, I almost forgot the 4 lows existed.

I'm late, but you bring up some interesting points.

Regarding youtube reviewers, and really reviewers in general, I don't think it's about trust as much as interpretation. Sometimes you just can't trust reviewers, that's true, but a lot of times people also misinterpret information. Like if a reviewer gives initial thoughts, people treat that like a full review. Happens on here all the time. Or if the reviewer only played in a shoe a few times, they equate that to someone who played in them for months.

I think durability can't really be reviewed until the shoe becomes unplayable, because then you can look back and measure how long they lasted vs. what you paid. That usually takes months, not in the two weeks reviewers use to play in them. What we typically get is predictions and expectations for durability, which is the best anyone can do to meet demand for reviews.

Point #4 might be an indication of the times. Consumerism, instant gratification, etc. We're always on to the next one. It might become the norm for players and companies to break out 2-3 signature models in a season. We're already getting team shoes, lifestyle models and so on, and once Player A starts doing it, it's only a matter of time before others do the same.

That’s crazy. The one area that has been great so far has been traction. Tested in three different types of court and no issues with grip. It frays quick but no grip problems.
I think they said it was the ice below the floor

I think durability can't really be reviewed until the shoe becomes unplayable, because then you can look back and measure how long they lasted vs. what you paid. That usually takes months, not in the two weeks reviewers use to play in them. What we typically get is predictions and expectations for durability, which is the best anyone can do to meet demand for reviews.

One reason I usually never discuss durability unless the shoe tears up whilem reviewing. If I do, I say “it should” or “it appears”. I’m usually only in a shoe for a couple of weeks or so and then on to the next one so I normally can’t speak to the long-term wear.

Exactly. I can't comment on durability until things break down. For some shoes, particularly those with flawed designs or defects, that comes sooner rather than later. CL Boost 2015 outsole comes to mind. Kobe 8 insole is another example, although it did last for a little bit.

On the flip side, there are shoes that just don't quit. I expect them to start breaking down and showing wear, but they just don't. I would call those shoes durable. One example for me is the Reebok crossfit nano 2. I don't do crossfit, but I have done pretty much everything else in them and they're still comfortable and functional.

i need these in icon if there isn't a dubs colorway coming.

tried them on this weekend at a foot store, so comfortable and nice. i know i'm gonna cop, just a matter of the colorway.

Sammy had another outsole rip.

Kind of ****ty that only the pairs without amy exposed Hovr on the bottom are the ones Curry himself wears.

9248A842-9796-4BB2-80FD-36F796929AF5.jpeg
Had to pick these up! Straight

Back
Top Bottom