Unemployed Nters: vol. what are u doing on the couch at 1 p.m.?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Rascandomelas.
WORD!
pimp.gif

I do need a job though
ohwell.gif

Funny thread.

Reminds me of the one commercial were the annoying "BlackGuy" is like "Your sitting on your but right now doing nothing but u need to get back in school and get the education u need to be successful in life enroll at Everest University and be the class of April...."   
laugh.gif

Funny thread.

Reminds me of the one commercial were the annoying "BlackGuy" is like "Your sitting on your but right now doing nothing but u need to get back in school and get the education u need to be successful in life enroll at Everest University and be the class of April...."   
laugh.gif

9-5 life is not for me. I make a pretty good salary to live comfortably in an area where the cost of living is ridiculous. But you feel like a slave. It's the same +@$%*!! thing for the same +@$%*!! amount of hours EVERY day. Dealing with the same *+$% %%* people. I feel like I'm living out the movie Office Space everyday. This video/photography thing seems to be taking off...when the bread starts rolling in on a regular basis...I'm done with this #!#*.

9-5 life is not for me. I make a pretty good salary to live comfortably in an area where the cost of living is ridiculous. But you feel like a slave. It's the same +@$%*!! thing for the same +@$%*!! amount of hours EVERY day. Dealing with the same *+$% %%* people. I feel like I'm living out the movie Office Space everyday. This video/photography thing seems to be taking off...when the bread starts rolling in on a regular basis...I'm done with this #!#*.

I've given up. Never thought I'd say that but I've put way to much time into applying for only a few acknowledgements. Maybe I need to take a break..

I've given up. Never thought I'd say that but I've put way to much time into applying for only a few acknowledgements. Maybe I need to take a break..

Graduated in December and sent out about 300+ applications, then I got a job offer(accepted it) to be a Bank Teller in Potomac, MD to start in February, but I was waiting on this other job in Owings Mills as a Jr. Accountant and I got it a couple days before I was supposed to start the other one so I just told Bank I can't work. I start the Jr. Accountant position next week so I been chilling and watching TV until I start.

Graduated in December and sent out about 300+ applications, then I got a job offer(accepted it) to be a Bank Teller in Potomac, MD to start in February, but I was waiting on this other job in Owings Mills as a Jr. Accountant and I got it a couple days before I was supposed to start the other one so I just told Bank I can't work. I start the Jr. Accountant position next week so I been chilling and watching TV until I start.

on niketalk till i got school its been 2 months since i work still got $ from flipping stuff ill always be able to make $ but i want a job just to clear my head

on niketalk till i got school its been 2 months since i work still got $ from flipping stuff ill always be able to make $ but i want a job just to clear my head

Originally Posted by Willy Hitchero

Originally Posted by DJMano34

and this reggie I got on deck until then
grin.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
!!!

Stop fronting...I'm not. I wish I would be in a thread about unemployment lying about blowing loud all day. Right. But anyway, when you get tired of smoking loud all day, then what are you gonna gateway into?

pop a bean

Originally Posted by DJMano34

and this reggie I got on deck until then
grin.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
!!!

Stop fronting...I'm not. I wish I would be in a thread about unemployment lying about blowing loud all day. Right. But anyway, when you get tired of smoking loud all day, then what are you gonna gateway into?

pop a bean

i spend 4-5 hours job searching, filling out apps and sending resumes. 98% never amount to anything. not even an email or phone call back. highly frustrating.
i do odd jobs and favors for people every now and then. keeps money in my pocket.. but not much.
i've had this on-call delivery gig for 3 years now.. had an interview yesterday but they're trying to make me work the same damn on-call gig.. when i specifically said i want STEADY work. dude told me i can work my way up to a regular job. as if i haven't been doing this same ##@$*@+ job for 3 years now
indifferent.gif
!!!!!! but whatever, work is work.

i spend 4-5 hours job searching, filling out apps and sending resumes. 98% never amount to anything. not even an email or phone call back. highly frustrating.
i do odd jobs and favors for people every now and then. keeps money in my pocket.. but not much.
i've had this on-call delivery gig for 3 years now.. had an interview yesterday but they're trying to make me work the same damn on-call gig.. when i specifically said i want STEADY work. dude told me i can work my way up to a regular job. as if i haven't been doing this same ##@$*@+ job for 3 years now
indifferent.gif
!!!!!! but whatever, work is work.

I spend the mornings job searching and applying to a bunch of jobs online, have lunch and watch Jim Rome and ATH
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
, then I study for a couple hours; I'm preparing for the FE exam in April for engineers.

I graduated last June....I interned until October, but since then I've been unemployed. Some days are tough when you realize you don't have a job...but preparing for that exam has helped keep me a little busy. It does suck when I realize other people have jobs already, but I feel like it'll work itself out in the end and I'll have a job I like sooner rather than later.

I spend the mornings job searching and applying to a bunch of jobs online, have lunch and watch Jim Rome and ATH
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
, then I study for a couple hours; I'm preparing for the FE exam in April for engineers.

I graduated last June....I interned until October, but since then I've been unemployed. Some days are tough when you realize you don't have a job...but preparing for that exam has helped keep me a little busy. It does suck when I realize other people have jobs already, but I feel like it'll work itself out in the end and I'll have a job I like sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

One rule of advice:

- DO NOT willfully keep yourself out of the job market for more than 2 years AT MOST. Many folks that I know, try to avoid the 9-5 routine, fooling themselves into thinking that they're onto the next big hustle. These guys are not fit for hiring anymore, many of which are under 30. Being unemployed for over 2 years makes you irrelevant to the job market, and you will be forced to eventually take a job that you don't want to do, at a pay that you think you're overqualified for.
The more you wait, the more you lost.

good post

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

One rule of advice:

- DO NOT willfully keep yourself out of the job market for more than 2 years AT MOST. Many folks that I know, try to avoid the 9-5 routine, fooling themselves into thinking that they're onto the next big hustle. These guys are not fit for hiring anymore, many of which are under 30. Being unemployed for over 2 years makes you irrelevant to the job market, and you will be forced to eventually take a job that you don't want to do, at a pay that you think you're overqualified for.
The more you wait, the more you lost.

good post

Back
Top Bottom