Unemployed Nters: vol. what are u doing on the couch at 1 p.m.?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

This CDL book has been talking to me these last few days, might crack it open.
ayo i got the whole test and answers to that junk right now, the hell with tht book.. real talk no b.s. get at me..

Most of my day includes playing black ops, on the various job searching sites (monster, craigslist, careerbuilder, usajobs), and watching espn. Recently I started volunteering atleast 3 times a week at a non profit organization, so if you guys are looking for things to beef up your resume you could try that. I mostly do clerical stuff like data entry and filing. The hours suck, especially not getting paid, but hopefully it will pay off.

Most of my day includes playing black ops, on the various job searching sites (monster, craigslist, careerbuilder, usajobs), and watching espn. Recently I started volunteering atleast 3 times a week at a non profit organization, so if you guys are looking for things to beef up your resume you could try that. I mostly do clerical stuff like data entry and filing. The hours suck, especially not getting paid, but hopefully it will pay off.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

How old are you unemployed folk that are just chilling on the couch?

Watch Big Lebowski, It doesn't matter how old you are as long as you are still enjoying life.
And I don't think the title of this thread is right, because a lot of the people who have posted in here do a lot of other things besides sitting on the couch 

Watch Big Lebowski, It doesn't matter how old you are as long as you are still enjoying life.
And I don't think the title of this thread is right, because a lot of the people who have posted in here do a lot of other things besides sitting on the couch 

Originally Posted by wsupjs

Originally Posted by Fly Guy On A G5

Turns out, being 23 with an MBA isn't as good as I thought.
= no experience.  You should only get an MBA with about 5 years experience minimum. Right now all you have is theory, which no one is willing to put you in a position of power and experiment with your theories. 
Now what's probably harder is that you're probably over qualified for the lower level jobs.  Try switch it up maybe, and don't mention your MBA, see how it goes, gain some experience then start dropping that degree.

Although if you went to a good business school, the alumni network and classmates of yours should be able to hook you up...

= no experience.  You should only get an MBA with about 5 years experience minimum. Right now all you have is theory, which no one is willing to put you in a position of power and experiment with your theories. 
Now what's probably harder is that you're probably over qualified for the lower level jobs.  Try switch it up maybe, and don't mention your MBA, see how it goes, gain some experience then start dropping that degree.

Although if you went to a good business school, the alumni network and classmates of yours should be able to hook you up...

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

My question still stands, simply because I was in the same boat early last year.  So it's interesting to know if there were may other people on here around my age going through the same things.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

My question still stands, simply because I was in the same boat early last year.  So it's interesting to know if there were may other people on here around my age going through the same things.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Not everyone can freelance though. Especially if you're coming from the retail field. What, im gonna go to someones house and bag some #!+# up?...

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
This had me dying over here

I'm just watching replays of games on espn3

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Not everyone can freelance though. Especially if you're coming from the retail field. What, im gonna go to someones house and bag some #!+# up?...

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
This had me dying over here

I'm just watching replays of games on espn3

Bout to graduate this year. But I'll be looking for a 9-5 to keep myself busy while I apply for a long term
job or internship in my chosen career. At the same time I'll be freelancing, make that side hustle money and networking
online twitter, etc. to get more and more clients for myself. You never know an opportunity might come out networking
and you can start your own business. Never settle for one thing. Keep moving, there's always opportunities if you keep
yourself busy.

Bout to graduate this year. But I'll be looking for a 9-5 to keep myself busy while I apply for a long term
job or internship in my chosen career. At the same time I'll be freelancing, make that side hustle money and networking
online twitter, etc. to get more and more clients for myself. You never know an opportunity might come out networking
and you can start your own business. Never settle for one thing. Keep moving, there's always opportunities if you keep
yourself busy.

Oh I know. I was originally in a JD/MBA joint degree program and finished the MBA after withdrawing from law school. If I had realized I truly had no interest in the law and was just there for the potential paycheck (even though I was near the top of my class and on a full ride scholarship), then I would've waited to go back and get my MBA.

If I don't find something soon though, this does give me the opportunity to pursue PhD programs. I've been weighing that option for a couple months.

Oh I know. I was originally in a JD/MBA joint degree program and finished the MBA after withdrawing from law school. If I had realized I truly had no interest in the law and was just there for the potential paycheck (even though I was near the top of my class and on a full ride scholarship), then I would've waited to go back and get my MBA.

If I don't find something soon though, this does give me the opportunity to pursue PhD programs. I've been weighing that option for a couple months.

Degrees don't = Job & Money

I've seen many people in my masters classes with no work experience thinking they will get a high paying job right after... But chances are they won't. Theory < Work experience.

Thankfully I got a job... But it's sad knowing that my coworker who we both started at the same time makes the same as me (as it was straight up said in our group interview) and has Masters degree while I only just got my Bachelors.

Also most companies won't hire you if they can find someone with a lesser/no degree but has ample work experience.

Degrees don't = Job & Money

I've seen many people in my masters classes with no work experience thinking they will get a high paying job right after... But chances are they won't. Theory < Work experience.

Thankfully I got a job... But it's sad knowing that my coworker who we both started at the same time makes the same as me (as it was straight up said in our group interview) and has Masters degree while I only just got my Bachelors.

Also most companies won't hire you if they can find someone with a lesser/no degree but has ample work experience.

Back
Top Bottom