Unknown Jordan's - Info needed!

There's no way those shoes came out in the late 80's early 90's....they weren't even doing Team Jordans back then...check the inside tag...the number 98 indicates the year they were produced..and the side paneling is reminiscent of the Jordan 13..

Your shoe is the Jordan Team II as well.

Last edited:
Bought them off a friend when I was in high school which was from '88 - '91 ( Im 100% sure of this) so they had to be made around that time. Have been in my closet ever since.

Weird.  The upper looks like a XIV, but that dimpled leather bottom is throwing me off.  

Bought them off a friend when I was in high school which was from '88 - '91 ( Im 100% sure of this) so they had to be made around that time. Have been in my closet ever since.

Why does your tag then say 98?

I have no doubt you or anyone for that matter knows more about Jordan's than I do. I have no clue why the tag says what it says. I know, 'cause I was there, when I purchased this pair of shoes which was when I stated. This is the only pair of Jordan's I've ever purchased so I remember exactly when and where I was. So there is no way I bought these 10yrs before they were made.

My man these shoes are called the Air Jordan Team II, these were the third installments of the Team Jordan's. These were made in effort start branding Jordan's outside of the numbered Jordan's. The reason that these look similar to the Jordan 13's is BC the 13's were suppose to be the last Jordan's that he wore and they wanted an easy transition to the new Team Air Jordan that they were starting to focus on. But Jordan decided that he wanted to wear the 14's against the Jazz which were only suppose to be prototypes, which then led to the famous "last shot" and promoted the hype for the continuation of the numbered Jordan's. The Team Jordan II's then became a novice shoe and PE's for (Vin Baker, Eddie Jones, Mitch Richmond, Juwan Howard) original team Jordan, the Cininnati Bearcats and the California Golden Bears. Not some shoes you bought in the 80's.... PS MJ is a friend of the family and I got a few PE's, so I'm sure of it.

Ok. Too many drugs in my years I guess lol. I'm thinking now it may have been another pair of J's I bought back in high school BC now I kinda remember a 23 on those shoes somewhere. Looking online they were the Air Jordan 5's. My apologizes to AirUpThere. So any value in this pair? Thx for all the info.

With a little restoration with decreasing the sole toe box and defogging the air bubble on the bottom these shoes; other than that they are in great shape for a shoe that is almost 15 years old! They could go for about $110-$130 give or take BC of the rarity of the shoe and the fact that the 13's are re-releasing this year and this shoe hasn't been re-released yet.

Back
Top Bottom