Update (article about Xbeam)....$200 Reeboks...what?

Can you say Income Tax Refund? Cuz I can. Just one thing...trainer or runner. I'm leaning towards the running shoe.
Ok, I'm done, you can go.

Not fair!!! I just received an email from Reebok saying that my order could not be processed because I'm not a member of their Alliance Program.
So much for the big discount! I'll call Reebok and ask if these shoes are available directly from them.

It is free I believe to sign up, just go to reebok.com, top of the page click on ALLIANCE and then sign up, then you get your discount!
"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

Son of a...sucks that they would even let you get to this page to see the price without a password. tease.

I'm confused as hell after reading through all this, but I think I will have to give those things a shot sometime.
"Whether you like it or you don't like it, learn to love it, because it's the best thing going today. WHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! "
Call me out!!

CurrytheAnswer

"Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie."

Yo, Curry, your personal pic makes me want HHH to play the Incredible Hulk in the movie.

I called Reebok today ( 1-800-443-1357) and found out that the trainer will be available to the general public on February 22. I didn't ask about the runners. Downside: $199.00. I'll still order one, though.

I called Reebok today ( 1-800-443-1357) and found out that the Trainers will be available on February 22. I didn't ask about the runners. Downside: $199 price tag. I'll still order one, though.

can't let this go on the 2nd page. gotta keep this post going. Those Xtrainers, runners, and the Xbeams, all look hot, looks like reebok is gonna start giving nike a run for its money, like back in the day of the original pumps

something interesting for Reebok, just to show how well they are doing, in a consumer poll recently, asked the question of favorite shoe manufacter, Reebok won with 36%, Nike had like 31%, NB had 26% and Adidas had 5%.

As for the shoes, I will be getting some, but I bet stores have them cheaper than 199, plus I think I found someone whom can sign me up for the Alliance thing and I can get them for 130....if I can, I will let everyone know and possibly we can make some deals!

ARCHIVE THIS!
"You can prance, and you can dance, but when it comes to relations...keep it in your pants!" - Kurt Angle http:www.justinrivet.homestead.com/main.html

oh, just in the spirit of Reebok pics, here is a pic of the ORIGINAL DMX shoe, the DMX Run, I have a pair of these, but they are used, if anyone has a pair or knows of one, let me know!

DMX.jpg

Hmmm, that poll sounds a bit dubious to me. If Reebok is tops in preference why are global sales

1. Nike (2001 sales est. at over $9 billion)
2. adidas (2001 sales est. at $5.3 billion)
3. Reebok (2001 sales est. at $2.99 billion)

?

You can get any result you want in a poll, the bottom line is results. No doubt that Reebok is doing well with A.I., but they're still nowhere near as big as Nike or adidas.

On the X-Beam, I'm a bit concerned. From the release it sounds as though cushioning is somehow provided via the plastic material in the X-Beam structure and the 3D Ultralite in the outsole/midsole. Has anyone actually seen/held the shoe? Is there an internalized midsole that provides cushioning? If not I'm afraid that I may be in for some shin pain when it comes time to review the shoe.

Here's one that in my opinion is one of Reeboks best designed basketball shoes with the Pump.

hoopfury01.jpg

hoopfury02.jpg

hoopfury04.jpg

I believe that they're called Insta Pump Hoop Fury, a b-ball version of the Insta Pump Furys. If I could only find a pair!!!

Well adidas is bigger worldwide, but U.S. sales Reebok is ahead. Obviously they aren't at Nikes level of 9 billion when they are at 3, but they are growing and last year gained 2 percent of total market share. And my point was that they are gaining more and more momentum and popularity.

oh, those bball shoe pics, they are the Reebok Romulus officially, but they are basically the hoop fury.....some sweet shoes, classic big man shoes.

fellaz, don't get your hopes up, I've seen those shoes in person at a show in Bologna, and they look fruity as hell. You ain't gonna catch me sportin em. I appreciate what Reebok is tryin to do, but they have some work to do on this concept, way too bulbous. Plus, Reeboks are garbage anyway... Always have been, always will be... I can't believe I saw somebody givin props to the Shaqnosis in this post, that is one one the most disgusting shoes of all time. Damn.
Dmxfury is still my dogg though...

ooooo
IS. WAS. WILL BE.

Ouch! Alphaproject laying the smack down in a big way.

Hey, you have to respect DMX Fury for sticking up for Reebok, he doesn't get much support around these parts, but doesn't ever (or at least rarely) goes off on folks.

Much love to both of you guys -- both long-time NTers.

I'll stick up for Reebok here too! I own a hell of a lot more Nikes than Reeboks, but I've personally found that DMX (especially in the OG DMX Runs (as shown above) and the Iverson 2s) is one of THE best cushioning technologies available. I've seen some people on here refer to it as "Air Feet You Wear", and that's exactly how I describe it to people. It's a positive. Feet You Wear is a good technology, which I've found very effective in hoops shoes. And we all know & love Air (or we wouldn't be using this messageboard so much!). Thus a combination of the 2 has almost got to be good! And it is. And although I haven't seen any of these new Reeboks in person (and knowing the Australian shoe market, I may not!), I really like the look of the design, & have high hopes for the technology. The price seems stiff, but so be it. And competition for Nike can only help us shoefreaks when it comes to innovation. Right?

Phil.

Some more from the Mobius...this pair isn't in the best colorway. The best had the medial/lateral combination so that if you were running one way, it looked like your shoes were black/white...then if you turned and ran the other they were white/black.

i-1.JPG

hey thanks alpha, we have already talked about Reebok before, I know your stand on them, but at least you still give me props, so its all cool. I am telling ya, someday when I am close to running things at Reebok, if you aren't already a head designer somewhere, I am hiring you for an obscene amount of money to be ours, haha. Anyway, the reason I don't ever go off on people about not liking Reebok is that I respect their opinion. I will admit Reebok has made some awful shoes, and it has been tough at times being a fan of Reebok (1995-1997). I just fell in love with them though in 94 with the Fury, I just am in love with the design and function of the shoe. Plus, I am a fan of the DMX, and I think Reebok is doing a good job with the Iverson collection. Now only if they can market Francis a little better, bring out some better mid priced-high end bball shoes besides the Answers and we could be in business. But seriously, I actually would rather have the opinions of people whom dislike Reebok because it is more valuable to learn from mistakes and try to correct them. I love shoes

About that poll you mentioned earlier dmxfury, it all depends on what poll you like to look at. Because I also saw a poll about brand loyalty, and New Balance was number one. Don't forget, this is asking a limited number of people their preference. Polls are really never accurate. Reebok's doing good, but so is Nike and so is new balance, and I guess so is adidas. And every single one of them has plans on outdoing the other. You can't tell me Nike's not taking those threats from Reebok and NB and adidas seriously. When you're number one, and you read these articles like how adidas plans to steal 20% market share from Nike, you know they're working on stuff, and I do think in the long run it's good for us, don't you? But I can't agree with you and footscape on the props for those Diamond shoes. They really do look weird. But that's my opinion on them, and I can't see how revolutionary they'll be.

I also wanna say that while I hate Reebok too, I respect your opinion also, because that's the kind of person I am, and like you I don't jump down people's throats because they say something I don't like. I sure hope you achieve your dream of working at Reebok, it seems like you've wanted to do that forever. One word of advice, if you do get a job there, don't go in and start talking about what you'll be doing when you're running the place. lol You won't get high up the ladder that way. No exec is going to want to promote someone who's plotting to take their job. lol :wink:
wink.gif

If I were an exec with any shoe company, I would be on this board constantly looking for talent. You can find it all right here, designers, marketers, technical experts, and a ton of eager shoe testers. Screw Monster.com and HotJobs, there should be a career section on NikeTalk. They could put it in the lounge with General and Sports. I would definitely put my resume on there. DMX may want to work for Reebok, but seriously, I would take a job with Dada if it meant getting my foot in the industry door.

Back
Top Bottom