Urea Confession--MOST regretful hypebeast moment

^
I was in Greensboro, NC when the Altitudes came out.

PGP sounds like a cakewalk compared to what went on at a local mall there.

Me and a NIKE colleague just sat in front of Footaction that morning, watching people convert into wild animals.

Me being a "minority" male, I was truly embarrassed.

Ironically, anyone care for the Altitudes now as much as then?

lol.

The DREAM TEAM -- "WE the CONNECTS, y'all just try to connect..."
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'PoloDonOMD,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

I've never had an "hypebeast" moment, but had numerous moments of camping out for J's limited. Then stopped doing the "camp" out for J's during release of Oly VII's.

Quote:
I haven't been to Major in months...
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
Ginobili dunks :smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif

Seriously, what was I thinking?

alot of people on here hyped up the AZK 1 so i went and brought them at full price as soon as DTLR opened. my worst puschase ever.

Quote:
Ironically, anyone care for the Altitudes now as much as then?
I still like them. Sleek look, I like the "stingray" material, and they put out a different color scheme without going overboard like they do these days.

My only problem with the shoe is that the midsole looks incredibly cheap. I kept my pair DS because I felt fairly certain that the paint would crack and flake off after awhile. Well, that and the markup DTLR slapped on them, but we made sure that was resolved.

Will I ever wait an hour plus for sneakers again? The way things are going these days, not likely. I'm pretty much finished with that. Fortunately, I never really went overboard like some of these little kids who bring tents and coleman lanterns and roast marshmallows and tell each other scary stories while waiting to get gouged on some tacky boutique X middle aged ex-train tagger nobody's ever heard of dunk. If the worst I can say is that I once went 40 mins out of the way and sat on line for a couple hours to pay $5 over retail for a pair of shoes I still own and like and could sell today for a profit, sadly I'm far better off than most.

Quote:
Will I ever wait an hour plus for sneakers again? The way things are going these days, not likely. I'm pretty much finished with that. Fortunately, I never really went overboard like some of these little kids who bring tents and coleman lanterns and roast marshmallows and tell each other scary stories while waiting to get gouged on some tacky boutique X middle aged ex-train tagger nobody's ever heard of dunk. If the worst I can say is that I once went 40 mins out of the way and sat on line for a couple hours to pay $5 over retail for a pair of shoes I still own and like and could sell today for a profit, sadly I'm far better off than most.
HANG THE DJ"Because the music that they constantly play, says nothing to me about my life..."

Quote:
I kept my pair DS because I felt fairly certain that the paint would crack and flake off after awhile. Well, that and the markup DTLR slapped on them, but we made sure that was resolved.
You ain't figure out what I'm about yet, always rockin that this ain't out yet.
You got yourself a PDA and a Bluetooth and you think you're a CEO now.
Team AM FAM​

Quote:
Go to hell and die, Kev.
:lol:
laugh.gif
ed to show major flashes of potential peeling/chipping. That part creased more than the leather upper.

So, I got rid of mine, and that was the start of my "f-JB" phase.

I got o.g. XIIIs I've had and worn since 1998--still fresh to death--and you mean to tell me my retros are beat and cracked after 3 wears?

smh.gif

The DREAM TEAM -- "We RESPECT reality... We don't live internet lives..."
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'ScottScotch,' 'rudolph1996'​

Yeah, I still play ball in white/black XIII OG's. Would never think about throwing some retros on. The shoe is sunch a nice shoe but it just looks flimsy.
Team AM FAM​

Quote:
that was the start of my "f-JB" phase.
mids that look like a bag of wonderbread.

Sadly, as a fan I'm hoping Jordan brand just dies a quick death before it becomes an even bigger embarrassment.... kinda like Public Enemy fans are hoping from Flavor Flav.

I bought the Mork & Mindys just to have a pair of SBs. Now I want to get rid of them but to lazy to do so.
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

^Take them to Get Dizzy.

Quote:
I think a lot of us over the age of 21 have been there. For me, though, it hasn't made me want to sell the Jordans I have so much as call an immediate halt on any new Jordan purchases.
Team AM FAM​

Well... :\
ohwell.gif
.. for me it was the Jordan XX Stealths Columbia Mall... 6:40 AM on the phone with my brother in Cleveland who was doing the same thing :smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
It was the first pair of Jordans that i had bought since the retros of 1999-2000 and the first regular jordans since 98 (XIV's)...... so, three pair in the past 10 years after buying/recieving at least two pair a year since 88....

JB ruined the line... so unless next year's pair is good... yet another pass for me...

At least the last two years commercials were hot.. :pimp:
pimp.gif
ITS GOLFING TIME!!!!!!!
The Unofficial 5th Horseman

Quote:
for me it was the Jordan XX Stealths Columbia Mall... 6:40 AM
Team AM FAM​

I think I have been handling most of my Hypebeast activities if i felt I REALLY wanted something ONLINE..via Uptempo or Pickyourshoes...

With all the retro's.. I really haven't even flinched... I really liked the FLIPS.. but then thought about the Alts and if I would really want them a year later when I decided to wear them...

I must say.. retail took care of that for me.. but I got hooked up none the less and just have them chillin in a box hopin I can find the right jeans to wear them with in a year or so.

Maybe JB WILL take the advice of some NTers and come out with a Shoe with a Picture of a shirt on it...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Living in the VA area I have never had to wait more than a couple hours for a shoe release, except for the one time I took the china town bus to NY the night before the release of the Supreme Blazers. :smh:
smh.gif
I feel sorry for what those kids have to go through for a shoe release.

every so often i miss high school and start buying jordans and air maxes again
the 97s and the 95s dont bother me so much but everything else just sits in a pile in my room
then i realize how much money im wasting and go back to wearing one pair of authentics
and the cycle repeats
BEE THHERREE!!

Quote:
Jordan 1 mids that look like a bag of wonderbread.
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
LET NOLAN WEAR A SUIT!!!!!
Friday Night Lights is the best show on TV​

Back
Top Bottom