US Government Headed to Shutdown

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad
Senate Democrats Block Bill to Keep Government Open Past Midnight; Shutdown Looms

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/us/politics/government-shutdown.html

tldr;

house passed bill to fund gov for an extra month
doesnt look like its gonna pass the senate

sucks *** cause im sure many people, including myself, now gotta use pto smh.
the biggest employer in the US too, :smh:

last shutdown occurred in 2013 I believe and it lasted 16 freaking days.

I was scheduled to fly to New Orleans and Florida for the week. Not anymore. :smh:

Edit:

I'm DOD (Navy) contractor.

Last edited:
D7B7D9E1-36D0-400B-9B89-9C937E060186.gif

due to policy I gotta drive up to work tomorrow only for them to tell me to go back home due to the shut down SMH :smh::smh:

DoD employee checking in.

15 years in, im ready to bounce, tired of this ****. ill pick up those last 5 before i retire.

Our government was designed with checks and balances, but Congress being able to shut the government down without any skin in the game is a clear oversight.

we need to implement some sort of a lock-in, where Congress cannot leave the floor until a long term budget resolution is reached

I want to suggest some sort of pay freeze that includes Congress but these guys are living so high on the hog I doubt freezing their pay would produce any results.

there also needs to be provisions implemented where there cannot be 3 consecutive short term budget solutions.

Last edited:
Contractor here with the federal government.

Told us we have to go to work normal time, shutdown our equipment and leave 3 hours later.

Back
Top Bottom